Transfers?

Why is this such a big deal? Theres plenty of players on some good teams that will never see the court until clean up time in a game. Maybe they are happy being apart of a good program and enjoy the ride and getting a degree.

The only player I see transferring is Harris, but she may be content to be a practice player and get a degree.

Next year what do you see the possible starting lineup assuming we get no JC or graduating senior player with experience at center:

Westbrook, Meme, Davis, London and KK.

The only player I see transferring is Harris, but she may be content to be a practice player and get a degree.

Next year what do you see the possible starting lineup assuming we get no JC or graduating senior player with experience at center:

You may be right about about Harris and i would not blame her but i am not sure she would play most anywhere. May love being a LV and stay. Will look good on a work resume i think.:loco:

guys please just hang in there...yes CHW has frustrated us all from time to time, but we are definitely getting better...ten practice players and over half of the players that see playing time are first year players...we are getting that true ELITE talent back on the hill...I'm truly enjoying watching the foundation of what will make us elite again, and we have another ELITE class coming in next year at multiple positions[and bringing more DEFENSE]...we had some set backs this year, but we've also had a lot to cheer about...I haven't been this optimistic about the upcoming POST season in a long time...If next years' class meshes well with the returners, LOOK OUT WORLD :yes:...on a latter note [no double digit loss column this year] :) Go LVFL

Reactions: 2 people
Each player needs to ask herself what her goals are for college basketball. If it is only playing time, they could have gone to a mid-major to be the star of the team and play 40 minutes each game. Would that help prepare them for basketball after college?

Is the goal to develop so the player's basketball skills are not the same as a college senior as they were as a high school senior? If so, will Holly help them to grow and develop as players?

If college is just a stepping stone to a lucrative basketball career, will Holly help each player develop to be a star in the WNBA and overseas? How many members of the 2017 WNBA all-star game were coached by Holly? Parker was the only player to represent Tennessee and she was coached by Pat, not Holly. How many of Holly's players even start on a WNBA team?

Is a goal to be on the US Olympic team? How many players on the 2016 Olympic team were coached by Holly? How many of Holly's players do you think will be on Dawn's 2020 Olympic team?

Is a goal to play in the Final Four and win a national championship? Holly has yet to bring a team to the Final Four and Tennessee's last team to do so was in 2008, long before Holly took over.

So yes, the three freshmen are getting a lot of opportunity to play (and lose), but is that all they want? Do they have bigger ambitions than just playing as freshmen? Each one has to ask herself if Holly will help her achieve her long-term goals. If the answer is yes, then stay.

A player's decision on where to attend school is also about more than just basketball. As student athletes, their first priority should be on getting an education. Kids are also in school to grow from adolescents into adults and learn how to live independently from their parents. How many minutes each one plays isn't always the most important thing in the long term.

Relatively few women go onto the WNBA. We need to recognize that. TN used to have a lot who did, but no more. Surely UConn does, but most teams rarely have 2 in a year, and most have none.

Reactions: 1 person

I think a more likely scenario would be Westbrook, Hayes, Jackson, Davis and Greene in the starting line-up next year.

I like Jackson at the 3 spot with her ability to stretch the D, would likely have a bigger player guarding her, could take them off the bounce or pull-up.

Having Westbrook and Hayes with a season under their belt should cut way down on turnovers.

KK or Amira Collins coming in off the bench for Jackson and shifting Davis over to the 3 spot to go big on smaller teams.

I think next season should be fun! Several programs that have been dominant the last few years are losing key players, should level the field a bit and I think the Lady Vols are headed the right direction.

I think a more likely scenario would be Westbrook, Hayes, Jackson, Davis and Greene in the starting line-up next year.

I like Jackson at the 3 spot with her ability to stretch the D, would likely have a bigger player guarding her, could take them off the bounce or pull-up.

Having Westbrook and Hayes with a season under their belt should cut way down on turnovers.

KK or Amira Collins coming in off the bench for Jackson and shifting Davis over to the 3 spot to go big on smaller teams.

I think next season should be fun! Several programs that have been dominant the last few years are losing key players, should level the field a bit and I think the Lady Vols are headed the right direction.

Welcome to the forum...

I agree some what but (IF) Zarelle Green is the shooter we hope???? We will need her in the game because other teams defensive scheme will slant towards stopping Davis! Hayes and Evina must make threes or the defense will back off and clog middle like this year! Right now NOBODY shoots the three near 40%. I think Zarelle starts instead of Annie ...Just My Opinion

Jasmine will sub for Evina or Annie....

Collins for Davis or post when we are pressuring or just substitute! KK and London will have a say on how soon Collins plays??

Rae Burrelle I am not sure of....but if her three is a high percentage????? She will get on the court!!!

Holly has enough athletes to pressure the other team for the entire game!!! Just Saying 😁

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum...

I agree some what but (IF) Zarelle Green is the shooter we hope???? We will need her in the game because other teams defensive scheme will slant towards stopping Davis! Hayes and Evina must make threes or the defense will back off and clog middle like this year! Right now NOBODY shoots the three near 40%. I think Zarelle starts instead of Annie ...Just My Opinion

Collins for Davis or post when we are pressuring or just substitute! KK and London will have a say on how soon Collins plays??

Rae Burrelle I am not sure of....but if her three is a high percentage????? She will get on the court!!!

Holly has enough athletes to pressure the other team for the entire game!!! Just Saying 😁

All good possibilities, I'm excited to see where things go. I think you're spot on in that Holly will be able to keep the press on more next year.

If the incoming class can contribute defensively things are looking up big time. Lack of depth has hurt in a few games this year where the press would have been effective.

I think the culture is coming back, just need the fans to get behind them!

Reactions: 4 people
Welcome to the forum...

I agree Westbrook and Hayes must make outside shots and the three. Also it`s a Must to move Westbrook out of the pg spot. Hayes and Westbrook have a lot of work to due over the summer, Cut down on the massive amount of turnovers and shoot shoot shoot jumpers. Hayes and Massengill should be able to handle the pg spot. Also i have seen Rae Burrelle play, The girl has game she is unselfish 6-1 6-2 and long. She has a good looking jump shot and can hit the three. My take on her she will play and handles the ball very well. The outcome we will see if Holly play all her cards correctly ?

I agree Westbrook and Hayes must make outside shots and the three. Also it`s a Must to move Westbrook out of the pg spot. Hayes and Westbrook have a lot of work to due over the summer, Cut down on the massive amount of turnovers and shoot shoot shoot jumpers. Hayes and Massengill should be able to handle the pg spot. Also i have seen Rae Burrelle play, The girl has game she is unselfish 6-1 6-2 and long. She has a good looking jump shot and can hit the three. My take on her she will play and handles the ball very well. The outcome we will see if Holly play all her cards correctly ?
I agree moving Westbrook to the 2 guard. She has more offensive potential than Hayes.

But the players knew all of this when they signed here and so did their parents. Holly has been HC six years and everybody has watched her teams play, seen the results and heard the criticism. It's not like Holly suddenly became a different coach or things unexpectedly took a radical turn for the worse at UT. If the FR think they made a bad decision, sure they could transfer, but the university, the LVs program and the coaching hasn't changed much during the past few years. What they saw is what they got.

Not only that but every Lady Vol that has come here has left with a degree that is the one thing they can guarantee because they have done it time and time again and Davis will most like s graduate with a Graduate Degree and KK with a degree and being put on track to owning their own businesses. Other Lady Vols have made connections in communications as this has also been a very successful track with current Lady vol when their playing days ended. Carter was the lastest example but Izzy did it the year she sat out with injury, and so did Massengale before she started coaching.

Zay Greene is not a Knockdown shooter , she is a scorer . Mid range pull up is as good as ive seen in the high school ranks in a while. Hopefully that translates to College , The kid can score . I see her coming off the bench playing the 2 or 3 next season .

But the players knew all of this when they signed here and so did their parents. Holly has been HC six years and everybody has watched her teams play, seen the results and heard the criticism. It's not like Holly suddenly became a different coach or things unexpectedly took a radical turn for the worse at UT. If the FR think they made a bad decision, sure they could transfer, but the university, the LVs program and the coaching hasn't changed much during the past few years. What they saw is what they got.

I still believe that the Tennessee brand, its facility and history are still a big sell for recruits. The issue is will top ten talent continue to choose Tennessee if it can’t stay in the top ten? Many of these recruits dream of bringing the glory days back to the Lady Vols. We will have some of the country’s best recruits for the next four to five years, however, if the program does not improve and challenge the best, that will begin to change, no matter the winning percentage. Top recruits come to programs to win championships not to brag about winning percentages.

With what we have coming in, I do not think we lose any of our super freshmen. If anyone transfers I think it could possible be one of the point guards. Next year we will have at least 3 possible outstanding point guards.

Westbrook headed home to OSU to play the 2 along side of Slocum at the 1. Westbrook will work on her shot during the summer and sitting out 1 season.

Westbrook headed home to OSU to play the 2 along side of Slocum at the 1. Westbrook will work on her shot during the summer and sitting out 1 season.

Dang...i hope this doesnt happen and losing her is my biggest fear for this team, especially with Hayes’ dad hating on her and causing drama on the team. Hmph. I hope she sticks with it and remains a lady vol but she didnt look very happy down the stretch. Plus top kids don’t go to schools to lose in the 1st or 2nd round. If OSU makes a deep run I wouldn’t be surprised if she transferred. I’d be sad as hell though. :cray::cray::cray::cray:

I wasn't able to find anything on Westbrook leaving. As far as I can tell it's speculation - the poster should have made that clear.

There is no way Westbrook or Hayes start at the pg spot, They are a liability on the offensive end and Hayes on the defensive end to. We need players on the floor that can shoot and score.

VN Store

Back