Transfers?

After all of that mumbo jumbo, when you get through, you, sir, are a f_cking hater. Period.

P.s.—how are you going to be more concerned about a coach of another program while turning a blind eye to the shortcomings of the person who coaches the team you support? Sounds ass-backwards to me. Your criticism is misdirected. Lol

If it’ll get us in the Final Four two seasons in a row then Holly’s ass needs to be looking for transfers, too, hell. Lol. No love fest, just practical, non-emotional and not too insecure to give credit where credit is due. #GetLikeMe :dance2::dance2::dance2::thumbsup:

Love this post !!

Reactions: 3 people
Let it go PRG...BTW don't ignore them, if you ignore them, you will just wonder what they are writing in your absence of view...The way I look at it is until I see 500 posts, they're just passers by. . . . Choose your battles and let the ones you don't choose to fight,,shadow box.

:hi:[/QUOTE]

Wow Coach Jumper. I’m quite surprised at you because I agree with and “thumbs up” most of your posts but it’s cool. No thin skin over here. :eek:k:

It’s just annoying that we have devolved to the point of talking about other programs like our haters used to do us when we knew that Pat wasn’t doing anything shady and was VERY ethical and upstanding. It’s kinda embarrassing because our program has EVERY resource available to get back to prominence. Our decline cannot be attributed to Dawn Staley and it’s crazy to be so fixated on her and her program when the Lady Vols problems can be traced back to OUR coaches, etc. It just reeks of envy and it’s childish and won’t stop their success anyway yet PRG’s hating azz sits back and waits for any news about South Carolina’s program to pop up so he can post it here. Seems like obsession to me and it has gotten old. The only thing that’ll bring the Lady Vols back to the top is recruiting and coaching. Recruiting is looking better...coaching??? No comment.

As for being a passerby? I’ve lurked for a while on here and was one of the original members on The Summitt. It doesn’t take 500 posts to be relevant or knowledgeable. Someone can have a thousand posts and still show how clueless they are about basketball.

As a former college player and AAU coach, I respect and value your input and feel you know the game (unlike many here). As a coach I’m sure you understand the concept of not focusing on what the other team is doing and making sure YOUR team is prepared and executing your own game plan. I equate us focusing on Dawn Staley and SC as us not focusing on the Lady Vols ultimate game plan...or lack thereof.

It’s just dumb and again, I feel his criticism is misdirected towards the wrong coach. It’s not Staley’s fault Tennessee has regressed so badly. She’s supposed to try to win and as long as she hasn’t been PROVEN to be doing anything wrong, she’s doing her job. I just want Holly to finally hit her stride and get us back in the Final Four conversation. :ermm:

Reactions: 2 people
It is fun to keep up with transfers and who is going where and why...

If Dawn wants to fill out her rosters with transfers ... alrighty. Doesn’t affect TN unless we were recruiting those transfers too. Doesn’t mean she is doing anything wrong but it also doesn’t mean it is not a topic that hasn’t raised eyebrows. I have seen posts and articles that have said “yet another” or “at it again” in other places so it’s not something that is just being discussed on this board. Other coaches get talked about for running off recruits they recruited on media outlets and sources other than here (UMD/Baylor/LOUISVILLE). Oregon’s transfers have been brought up as was TN a focus of transfers not so long ago. So it is what it is... coaches benefit from transfers all the time and we have been in that position too (aka Michelle Marciniak yes I know DD too but I don’t wanna open up ANOTHER can of worms so we will just stick with Michelle to keep the peace)

Florida just got the 6’5” center who transferred from A&M.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program about transfers already in progress 😂

Last edited:
Let it go PRG...BTW don't ignore them, if you ignore them, you will just wonder what they are writing in your absence of view...The way I look at it is until I see 500 posts, they're just passers by. . . . Choose your battles and let the ones you don't choose to fight,,shadow box.

:hi:

Wow Coach Jumper. I’m quite surprised at you because I agree with and “thumbs up” most of your posts but it’s cool. No thin skin over here. :eek:k:

It’s just annoying that we have devolved to the point of talking about other programs like our haters used to do us when we knew that Pat wasn’t doing anything shady and was VERY ethical and upstanding. It’s kinda embarrassing because our program has EVERY resource available to get back to prominence. Our decline cannot be attributed to Dawn Staley and it’s crazy to be so fixated on her and her program when the Lady Vols problems can be traced back to OUR coaches, etc. It just reeks of envy and it’s childish and won’t stop their success anyway yet PRG’s hating azz sits back and waits for any news about South Carolina’s program to pop up so he can post it here. Seems like obsession to me and it has gotten old. The only thing that’ll bring the Lady Vols back to the top is recruiting and coaching. Recruiting is looking better...coaching??? No comment.

As for being a passerby? I’ve lurked for a while on here and was one of the original members on The Summitt. It doesn’t take 500 posts to be relevant or knowledgeable. Someone can have a thousand posts and still show how clueless they are about basketball.

As a former college player and AAU coach, I respect and value your input and feel you know the game (unlike many here). As a coach I’m sure you understand the concept of not focusing on what the other team is doing and making sure YOUR team is prepared and executing your own game plan. I equate us focusing on Dawn Staley and SC as us not focusing on the Lady Vols ultimate game plan...or lack thereof.

It’s just dumb and again, I feel his criticism is misdirected towards the wrong coach. It’s not Staley’s fault Tennessee has regressed so badly. She’s supposed to try to win and as long as she hasn’t been PROVEN to be doing anything wrong, she’s doing her job. I just want Holly to finally hit her stride and get us back in the Final Four conversation. :ermm:[/QUOTE]

Not trying to run you off or disrespect you cutie pie, I just know that a lot of posters come on here post for about 60 or so post never see him again the jump in they say crap, do a little venting, and then walk away. What they don't realize is recruits read this post parents read this post and you to staff read this post and players read this post.
Prg just like anybody who's extremely Pro one way or the other can irritate anybody that's on the other opposite side but again we have to remember who who's reading these post. I too am in a quandary with this coaching staff. If I as an AAU coach feel like I could improve upon the coaching by being part of this staff, then there might be something to what people are saying. But for now Holly is the coach and my job is 2 back this team not necessarily her but this team. And part of back in the team as hard as it is to do is the back the entire team coaching players organization. That's a challenge right now.. PS This is written by voice text on my cell phone so if it comes out ridiculously written you're just have to understand it wasn't ridiculously said

Not trying to run you off or disrespect you cutie pie, I just know that a lot of posters come on here post for about 60 or so post never see him again the jump in they say crap, do a little venting, and then walk away. What they don't realize is recruits read this post parents read this post and you to staff read this post and players read this post.
Prg just like anybody who's extremely Pro one way or the other can irritate anybody that's on the other opposite side but again we have to remember who who's reading these post. I too am in a quandary with this coaching staff. If I as an AAU coach feel like I could improve upon the coaching by being part of this staff, then there might be something to what people are saying. But for now Holly is the coach and my job is 2 back this team not necessarily her but this team. And part of back in the team as hard as it is to do is the back the entire team coaching players organization. That's a challenge right now.. PS This is written by voice text on my cell phone so if it comes out ridiculously written you're just have to understand it wasn't ridiculously said[/QUOTE]

Coach Jumper, great response as usual. No hard feelings over here. :) I also am somewhat neutral in the pro-Holly vs anti-Holly debate although its hard to argue that other teams have done more with less talent and many times the bad coaching is obvious. I’m practical enough to think that firing her this or next year would be too soon but not impractical to the point where I feel like she should be the coach forever regardless of the mediocre results.

I support the team and i think most of us are on the same page with wanting so badly for the program to succeed—we just have different ways of expressing that desire. :thumbsup:

Dawn is playing within the rules and any coach can do it. Dawn and the Louisville coach and even Geno are far better at it than our coach. We always seem to be a step behind on finding these players. We really need three point shooters that can always adequately defend on the defensive end. That is one area that has caused us a lot of pain and losses on the last few seasons. Until we get some consistent perimeter shooters zones will always be effective anyone can pack in a zone and take away a post player so you must have someone else who can step up and make them pay.

In addition, when you have a winning program and you are a consistent top ten team, it is a great draw to transfers interested in winning a championship. Until our program reaches that plateau again, the Lady Vols will seldom be a contender for top transfers.

Spoken like a True Holly Supporter:eek:lol:

Or someone pointing out that the comment was about Dawn Staley and SCSpur defended his coach being a fan of that team? 🤔 just as some on this board would support Holly and UT if people thought they were insisting she was doing things the incorrect way in recruiting.

Prg just like anybody who's extremely Pro one way or the other can irritate anybody that's on the other opposite side but again we have to remember who who's reading these post. I too am in a quandary with this coaching staff. If I as an AAU coach feel like I could improve upon the coaching by being part of this staff, then there might be something to what people are saying. But for now Holly is the coach and my job is 2 back this team not necessarily her but this team. And part of back in the team as hard as it is to do is the back the entire team coaching players organization. That's a challenge right now.. PS This is written by voice text on my cell phone so if it comes out ridiculously written you're just have to understand it wasn't ridiculously said

Coach Jumper, great response as usual. No hard feelings over here. :) I also am somewhat neutral in the pro-Holly vs anti-Holly debate although its hard to argue that other teams have done more with less talent and many times the bad coaching is obvious. I’m practical enough to think that firing her this or next year would be too soon but not impractical to the point where I feel like she should be the coach forever regardless of the mediocre results.

I support the team and i think most of us are on the same page with wanting so badly for the program to succeed—we just have different ways of expressing that desire. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Last year they came out of the gate, perfect storm.

Then the same thing happened...CHW has to figure out what that "thing" is and either crush it, or, find one.

All of us have our theories.

Spoken like a True Holly Supporter:eek:lol:

Please explain. Am I wrong? Are most posters here fans of South Carolina?

Folks are so desperate, clamoring for success that they'll grasp for anything.

Used to be, fans from other programs didn't come here to post on & on about how great their programs are. And our fans didn't spend energy pretending that was our success someone else was having.

If you think supporting our coach is a put down, fine by me.

Reactions: 4 people
Natalie Chou is leaving Baylor. She was 42.3 percent on 3 pointers her freshman year. Down to 36% this year on 3 pointers. She was injured much of this year. Her free throw percent this year was above 90. Made 19 of 21 attempts.

Nelly Perry of Clemson confirmed to be joining SC. They've got a pretty solid backcourt rotation with her joining Harris, Cooper, Henderson and Jackson. SC will have a loaded backcourt next season, unlike this year.

Natalie Chou is leaving Baylor. She was 42.3 percent on 3 pointers her freshman year. Down to 36% this year on 3 pointers. She was injured much of this year. Her free throw percent this year was above 90. Made 19 of 21 attempts.

California, UCLA and Texas were her other finalist out of high school. She will be a great addition for many teams.

That is not true " We have recruited great athletes but no great shooters". We sat a great shooter on the bench for 4 years, the initials "KD". We ran a shooter who won the Mickey D's championship shooting contest off. Makes you wonder where you get your facts.

Are you familiar with KD's actual shooting percentages for her career?

Are you familiar with the scenario's that Kortney entered the game in?..Her 3's were never an option,,, and always a necessity. That means she only shot pressure shots,, never had the chance to shoot in rhythm and without pressure. I am surprised she had the % she did have!

Are you familiar with the scenario's that Kortney entered the game in?..Her 3's were never an option,,, and always a necessity. That means she only shot pressure shots,, never had the chance to shoot in rhythm and without pressure. I am surprised she had the % she did have!

It may be fair to say she usually didn't play enough minutes to get into a rhythm. But it's malarkey to say she only shot pressure shots.

This staff does not seem really to encourage 3 point shooting. Most of the 3 point shots are usually desperation shots because we could not get the ball inside, or the clock was about to run out. We have had outside shooters such as Middleton, who was an excellent outside shooter but was never consistent at Tennessee. We are dead in the water when our inside game is taken away. We were just about helpless when Russell was double and triple teamed.

If we have any plans of once again being a top tier program we have to develop a consistent outside shooting game.

If you want to bring up Kort’s defense you got do that with the whole team and even past teams. We are known for letting people get career highs. Our defense hasn’t been good since Summit, it’s downright atrocious. They seem to not know the basic defense techniques, everybody plays matador defense. So, it actually wouldn’t have been a drop on the defensive end if Kort saw an increase of minutes. How many minutes Kort play in that ND butt whooping we got?

This staff does not seem really to encourage 3 point shooting. Most of the 3 point shots are usually desperation shots because we could not get the ball inside, or the clock was about to run out. We have had outside shooters such as Middleton, who was an excellent outside shooter but was never consistent at Tennessee. We are dead in the water when our inside game is taken away. We were just about helpless when Russell was double and triple teamed.

If we have any plans of once again being a top tier program we have to develop a consistent outside shooting game.

The reason the three-point shot is not used is the same reason timeouts don't get used properly, they are supposed to be weapons and instruments of strategy not defense mechanisms

Reactions: 1 person

Some truth to this, but KD never played well enough (in games or in practice based on what I've heard) to overcome her weaknesses on defense.

TN plays against a lot of teams with speed. And those with less speed are the screening and back cut teams. There just weren't opportunities to shine.

Without the chronic foot injury, she would no doubt have found a better role.

VN Store

Back