Traci Carter 2015 PG

Could be they're going after both, I'm assuming Martin would come in as a junior. Having Carter a freshman on the roster would give you 2 PGs, with one being groomed for the future.

247 did say Tyndall was gonna take 5, maybe it's Martin, Carter, Clarke, Schofield and Phillips.

More than decent 5 IMO. if he lands these 5. that would be 4 Top 100 players for CDT in 6 months.

I'm sure he means Mostella,Woodson,Clarke, and carter but most wouldn't count Woodson bc he is a t/f and carter bc he has fallen out of the top 100 right now bc of the injury.

And by November signing period Mostella wouldve been more than 6 months ago.

I would give ya woodson, even though he's a transfer it's landing a talented guy, but Carter is not top 100 ATM.

I would give ya woodson, even though he's a transfer it's landing a talented guy, but Carter is not top 100 ATM.

That's being extra pricky trying to argue over the difference of a few weeks. I don't think u count either one as top 100 when it comes to recruiting but they both count as top players when it comes to building a team which is the most important thing. If he gets both carter and Clarke, it will give me more confidence that he will start reeling in top classes soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

You do agree that Carter is a talented guy tho, right? Was he not top-100 prior to injury?

That's being extra pricky trying to argue over the difference of a few weeks. I don't think u count either one as top 100 when it comes to recruiting but they both count as top players when it comes to building a team which is the most important thing. If he gets both carter and Clarke, it will give me more confidence that he will start reeling in top classes soon.

Absolutely, I love me some Clarke, really hope he's a Vol!

There's absolutely no question he was, the question becomes after 2 knee surgeries is he still that same guy.

What was his first knee surgery for? He was that kind of player before the meniscus tear....should be no reason that he won't return to that level.

Some guys don't return to what they were before, some do, it's never a sure thing.

Meniscus tears aren't nearly as bad as ACLs or one of the other major ligaments. Lots of guys get their meniscus cleaned up and are just fine afterwards.

Meniscus tears aren't nearly as bad as ACLs or one of the other major ligaments. Lots of guys get their meniscus cleaned up and are just fine afterwards.

Absolutely, but some don't, and this was reportedly his 2nd knew surgery so I'm not sure if the other was meniscus or not.

Not saying he won't be good, just saying his return to his prior self is no guarantee, everything thought Maymon was gonna come back just the same.

Absolutely, but some don't, and this was reportedly his 2nd knew surgery so I'm not sure if the other was meniscus or not.

Not saying he won't be good, just saying his return to his prior self is no guarantee, everything thought Maymon was gonna come back just the same.

Maymon had an infection did he not? That's apples and oranges compared to having a meniscus fixed.

Maymon had an infection did he not? That's apples and oranges compared to having a meniscus fixed.

That was never confirmed, and as I said this guy had a surgery done besides the meniscus, so who knows. Maggit hasn't looked like he did pre injury either, D Rose took 10 years and still don't look himself lol.

I'm not saying it's clear cut either way, just simply that it's no guarantee this guy returns to be at the elite level he was, doesn't mean he can't, or that he can't be good still.

Yeah the infection got maymon......there is an extremely high percentage that a meniscus tear will heal properly. He was playing at high level before the meniscus tear so I would assume he would be back to normal.

That was never confirmed, and as I said this guy had a surgery done besides the meniscus, so who knows. Maggit hasn't looked like he did pre injury either, D Rose took 10 years and still don't look himself lol.

I'm not saying it's clear cut either way, just simply that it's no guarantee this guy returns to be at the elite level he was, doesn't mean he can't, or that he can't be good still.

Maggitt is more due to the change in position although he did have a rough recovery....D Rose is scared to death out there. I will be more concerned if it turns out that he has had ligament damage but a meniscus is not something to really worry about.

Maggitt is more due to the change in position although he did have a rough recovery....D Rose is scared to death out there. I will be more concerned if it turns out that he has had ligament damage but a meniscus is not something to really worry about.

And for the 50th time this was his 2nd knew surgery, this was meniscus, we don't have an idea to this point what the other one was.

As I've said, I'm not saying he can't be what he was, but assuming that he will return back to top 75 player in the country and one of the best PGs in the class who's getting offers from UCONN and such is no guarantee.

Rose and Curt was ACL, so not the same. Russ was MCL, 2 surgeries in the same year and he's still the most athletic guard in the league. Not saying this kid will recover like Russ, but ACL and MCL are 2 different beasts.

And for the 50th time this was his 2nd knew surgery, this was meniscus, we don't have an idea to this point what the other one was.

As I've said, I'm not saying he can't be what he was, but assuming that he will return back to top 75 player in the country and one of the best PGs in the class who's getting offers from UCONN and such is no guarantee.

I'm usually on the go and just type really fast bc I don't take volnation as serious as some seem too......I was saying that he was considered a top 75 pg after his original surgery whatever it may have been but he should have no problem getting back to the level he was before his most recent surgery bc a meniscus tear is not a big deal.if he has had issues with ligament damage in the past then that will cause more of a concern.

I'm usually on the go and just type really fast bc I don't take volnation as serious as some seem too......I was saying that he was considered a top 75 pg after his original surgery whatever it may have been but he should have no problem getting back to the level he was before his most recent surgery bc a meniscus tear is not a big deal.if he has had issues with ligament damage in the past then that will cause more of a concern.

Without knowing every detail it's impossible to know, for our sake I'm hoping he flys under the radar, commits to Tennessee, and becomes twice the player he ever was.

VN Store

Back