Total War: Warhammer

depending on who you were the Mongols weren't too much of an issue by the time they get to you. but if you are east of the germans they were a heat seaking missile. I could stop them but by the time its done I am so far behind its almost pointless. which is too bad because the Russians are one of my favorite factions in that game.

I guess by next game you mean beyond Warhammer?

Empire 2 or Medieval 3, probably Empire imo. since Warhammer is the fantasy equivalent of Medieval. either way it should be a reboot of the two best ones.

exactly, if you had territory near Baghdad you would be done for.

Yeah it's for sure going to be either of those two.

Just take an army full of english longbowmen. stakes and superior range. mongols or timurids couldn't do nearly as much.

it seems like they have lost some of their edge on keeping things balanced without making someone too strong.

dang it Persian. you got me firing up a Medieval campaign. playing as the Danes. my only complaint is the graphics.

I would pay full price for Medieval 3 if it was literally just a reskin of 2 and they fixed trade. keep everything else the same.

dang it Persian. you got me firing up a Medieval campaign. playing as the Danes. my only complaint is the graphics.

I would pay full price for Medieval 3 if it was literally just a reskin of 2 and they fixed trade. keep everything else the same.

Ditto, it was such a great game. I think I've realized something. I think I personally don't like the large numbers of factions there are. I mean it's great, but at the same time, I kind of missed the intimate feel of just a few factions in a region.

Ditto, it was such a great game. I think I've realized something. I think I personally don't like the large numbers of factions there are. I mean it's great, but at the same time, I kind of missed the intimate feel of just a few factions in a region.

death by a thousand cuts does suck in a lot of the newer games, and I definitely think the major factions should be stronger in warhammer. I would love to see a mod that started the major factions off with all or half of their lore based territory. at least the good guys. as we have pointed out you never really get major wars as it is. I think they could at least get rid of half the minor factions, roll them into the big guys. I will say it will be insane and test even my computer if all three games have as many factions as WTW1 does. playing on the combined map will become stupid at some point.

for this I think Empire got it perfect. mostly major factions and the small guys with just a town or two.

death by a thousand cuts does suck in a lot of the newer games, and I definitely think the major factions should be stronger in warhammer. I would love to see a mod that started the major factions off with all or half of their lore based territory. at least the good guys. as we have pointed out you never really get major wars as it is. I think they could at least get rid of half the minor factions, roll them into the big guys. I will say it will be insane and test even my computer if all three games have as many factions as WTW1 does. playing on the combined map will become stupid at some point.

for this I think Empire got it perfect. mostly major factions and the small guys with just a town or two.

For some reason empire is the one faction I think I am never going to play as. Their units just seem so basic and useless to me. I love the use of magic and interesting creatures as units in Warhammer, but if I play as the empire, it just feels lame.

For some reason empire is the one faction I think I am never going to play as. Their units just seem so basic and useless to me. I love the use of magic and interesting creatures as units in Warhammer, but if I play as the empire, it just feels lame.

They are supposed to be, so I have no problem with it. I like that it requires you to have a drastically different army build. also Demi-gryphs are your friend.

Dwarves have to be even less exciting for you.

and you really should try some of the mods. Radious unit mods add a crap ton of units to each faction. most not lore based.

They are supposed to be, so I have no problem with it. I like that it requires you to have a drastically different army build. also Demi-gryphs are your friend.

Dwarves have to be even less exciting for you.

and you really should try some of the mods. Radious unit mods add a crap ton of units to each faction. most not lore based.

I don't have a problem with them, but I can never get myself to playing as them. Demi Gryphs are great. No I actually like the dwarves for some reason haha.

Your right I need to get on those mods!

anyone noticing that the non-rendered maps area just got considerably larger. you can now see the outline of the Dark Lands, Araby and down to the Gulf of Nagash.

really hope they have something planned with this. Thing about the Dark Lands possibly being added means the dwarves are even more screwed than they already are.

anyone noticing that the non-rendered maps area just got considerably larger. you can now see the outline of the Dark Lands, Araby and down to the Gulf of Nagash.

really hope they have something planned with this. Thing about the Dark Lands possibly being added means the dwarves are even more screwed than they already are.

I can see some of the Dark Lands just east of Mount Gunbad. I really hope Chaos Dwarfs make an appearance, but I think the Wood Elves will be in before them.

On a side note, the easiest Archaon wipe I've had so far was as the Greeenskins. 3 armies in ambush using a depleted WAAAGH! as bait.

I can see some of the Dark Lands just east of Mount Gunbad. I really hope Chaos Dwarfs make an appearance, but I think the Wood Elves will be in before them.

On a side note, the easiest Archaon wipe I've had so far was as the Greeenskins. 3 armies in ambush using a depleted WAAAGH! as bait.

there have been some rumors about the chaos dwarves being added to the third game.

from what I remember the wood elves and bretonia will finish out this game with maybe one other freelc. game two will have lizards, high and dark elves, with tomb kings, skaven and some other dlcs. game three will be based on the four brothers, with chaos dwarves as the first dlc and Ogres as the last dlc. just rumors, but the source said beastmen before bretonia which surprised me, but was right.

my best was as the empire. I held Praag with a full army and kited them in and let them besiege and wiped them out over 3 different battles. never had to contribute a second army. it took a while with the sieges playing out a bit. but was easy for me.

next DLC has been announced the Grim & the Grave

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfkXizBkZ54[/youtube]

adding 5 units. Flagellants, Free Company Militia & Knights of the Blazing Sun for Empire. And the corpse cart and Mortis Engine for the Vamps

two new hero types as well: Empire Arch Lector (High Warrior Priest) & Vamp Stirgoi (Vampire w/ no armor & leader of beasts) with new legendary lords for both factions as well.

its 8 dollars, it really should be free, but I know I will buy it. Hoping it includes a lot of "entourage" upgrades as well for the campaign and battlefield maps.

Found another good series of mods by Cataph. adds some of the minor factions to gameplay with unique tech and units (not just the empire). stays pretty lore friendly, hard to say on the minor guys as there is no true army book to go off of, maybe some of the old Dogs of War stuff. Still no Kiev which makes me angry.

I have played as Kraka Drak, Karak Norn the Border Princes and Bretonnia. Drak is by far the most unique.

Found another good series of mods by Cataph. adds some of the minor factions to gameplay with unique tech and units (not just the empire). stays pretty lore friendly, hard to say on the minor guys as there is no true army book to go off of, maybe some of the old Dogs of War stuff. Still no Kiev which makes me angry.

I have played as Kraka Drak, Karak Norn the Border Princes and Bretonnia. Drak is by far the most unique.

Thanks.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc5R_4taW9I[/youtube]

^I haven't watched the video, sorry for the probably incredibly annoying voice. couldn't find a stand alone video for this new dlc.

?Total War: Warhammer DLC News & Updates: The King And The Warlord Brings New Units, Lords & Weapons : Games : Gamenguide

DLC for Dwarfs and Orks. adds two new legendary lords, new units. Dwarves: Rangers, bolt thrower & rune lord (looks like they have an anvil too). Orks: Sneeky skulkers (or whatever) squig herd and squig riders.

i figure there will also be some regiments of renown for them too. nothing substantive probably. probably not worth it for most people. launches the 20th i think.

apparently some new units too for free for chaos and orks with a patch.

Also for the Vampires Vlad von Carstein is broke as all get out. seriously the most broke thing I have seen in a total war game. he gives the entire army vanguard deployment. it is so so broke.

I have to say this is probably the best DLC they have done. adds three new playable factions (one is savage orks who are actually free) who add a lot to the game, even when not playing as them.

new free character coming out for the dwarves if you can stop by a GW store to pick up the code.

I have to say this is probably the best DLC they have done. adds three new playable factions (one is savage orks who are actually free) who add a lot to the game, even when not playing as them.

new free character coming out for the dwarves if you can stop by a GW store to pick up the code.

I've been so busy with school + GW2 that I haven't even played the Chaos campaign. I'll pick it up over winter break since people are saying good things.

if you aren't into hard core it may be worth waiting. but I will say it is a much more "complete" game than it was at launch.

my friend and I have been saying it will be interesting to see what happens with the next launches. the way were seeing it is the factions outside of the old world will have a huge advantage being isolated. and allowed to gather up way more steam than those in the Old World fighting the grind.

if you aren't into hard core it may be worth waiting. but I will say it is a much more "complete" game than it was at launch.

my friend and I have been saying it will be interesting to see what happens with the next launches. the way were seeing it is the factions outside of the old world will have a huge advantage being isolated. and allowed to gather up way more steam than those in the Old World fighting the grind.

Don't tell the Lizzies that.

Don't tell the Lizzies that.

unless they add more playable factions the HE get their own island, DE get a whole continent, Lizards might share with plague skaven but otherwise they are on their own. Tomb Kings will have some minor tribe but no major.

None of them will face a chaos invasion except maybe DE. point is that they are all isolated from other major players. even with more minor factions for those guys.

Rumors out of 3 more dlcs to close out the first game. two are supposed to be out by christmas, third in February.

last one is supposed to Bretonians. wood elves and another round of regiments of renown would be my guess for the others.

Total War: Warhammer Realm of the Wood Elves DLC announced | PC Gamer

wood elves officially announced for December the 8th. which is funny to me because there is another Games Workshop title being released that same day. This other title, Space Hulk Deathwing, delayed its date to the 8th so I am fine with it.

article says Wood Elves release will be biggest dlc with maybe some new characters and units for other races.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E-9uw2K8SE[/youtube]

VN Store

Back