Top 3 Sleepers from this years class

Foreman (speeeeed)

Miller (tough kid with a mean streak)

Quinn(great athlete at a position of need)

Marquez North. He's a sure fire 5 star talent. It's abysmal that he is not ranked among the top 20 prospects in the nation. He will be our #1 receiver by the time we head to the swamp.

If our highest rated commit is a sleeper we are in some trouble

My guess for players that will outperform their rivals star level are as follows in order of contribution
1. Joshua Dobbs. I believe he has a chance to come in and start day 1. He has an excellent head on his shoulders and can be a star for UT.
2. Paul Harris. Think he starts next year and does big things for us.
3. Cameron Sutton. I believe he will be a starting corner by the middle of the year.
4. Riyahd Jones. He has a great possibility of playing in a lot of games this coming year.

These are just some of the three stars I think will help contribute quite a bit. Who do you all think starts from this class next year?

If we end up relying on these kids immediately, we're screwed.

I got a friend who lives in Dillon South Carolina and he has watched Jabo Lee since his freshmen year. he told me last night that if Jabo wasnt injured his SR. year that there was no doubt that he would of been the best RB coming out of SC.He said he would of been a high 4* or 5.He says the kid is fast and is not afraid of contact and has good hands coming out of the backfield.
He thinks he will be a star at Tn and he really thought Spurrier would sign him.
just thought I would share this info and it may not mean nothing.

Reactions: 1 person
I got a friend who lives in Dillon South Carolina and he has watched Jabo Lee since his freshmen year. he told me last night that if Jabo wasnt injured his SR. year that there was no doubt that he would of been the best RB coming out of SC.He said he would of been a high 4* or 5.He says the kid is fast and is not afraid of contact and has good hands coming out of the backfield.
He thinks he will be a star at Tn and he really thought Spurrier would sign him.
just thought I would share this info and it may not mean nothing.

This is what Butch said during his presser about Jabo...he is my pick for sleeper and hopefully our next big time RB

. I was so hoping we could actually land more than 1 or 2 true studs so i wouldn't have to read people trying to spin our bottom of the sec class into sounding like just secretly landed the best players in the country.
We signed a bunch of mediocre kids that will play at that level, mediocre. I'm not sugar coating anything about UT anymore. I'm just hoping that this class will serve as solid depth to play behind all the true studs cbj and staff will be able to pull in in the next few years.
After the past season, the coaching search fiasco, and the crappy class dooley started for cbji have come to the realization that we will finish no better than 6-6 this next season and the bowl could go either way. Just hoping cbj can actually land the caliber of player next year he could only finish second on this year, otherwise UT Football will be in big trouble and have s very dark future.
So you all go ahead and hype up these players to sound better than they really are, but i refuse to buy into it anymore. I'm going the realist route from here on out. I'm taking everything at face value and won't make anything out to be buy what the facts show it to be.

Yeah...have fun with that
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1. Miller - I think he'll have an impact this year, and will be a starter by his sophomore year.
2. Vereen
3. Riyahd Jones

. I was so hoping we could actually land more than 1 or 2 true studs so i wouldn't have to read people trying to spin our bottom of the sec class into sounding like just secretly landed the best players in the country.
We signed a bunch of mediocre kids that will play at that level, mediocre. I'm not sugar coating anything about UT anymore. I'm just hoping that this class will serve as solid depth to play behind all the true studs cbj and staff will be able to pull in in the next few years.
After the past season, the coaching search fiasco, and the crappy class dooley started for cbji have come to the realization that we will finish no better than 6-6 this next season and the bowl could go either way. Just hoping cbj can actually land the caliber of player next year he could only finish second on this year, otherwise UT Football will be in big trouble and have s very dark future.
So you all go ahead and hype up these players to sound better than they really are, but i refuse to buy into it anymore. I'm going the realist route from here on out. I'm taking everything at face value and won't make anything out to be buy what the facts show it to be.

So, as a realist, for your own health you should probably wait until we get some recruits you like before you watch again.

This is what Butch said during his presser about Jabo...he is my pick for sleeper and hopefully our next big time RB

I want to believe this but it's show not tell time now. I'm tired of UT being the sleeper of the South. The kid had one other big time school offer in VT. Everyone else saw some red flags somewhere and we see a five star RB. Tired of seeing this team playing on hopes and dreams.

Foreman; Dobbs; Vereen; Foreman played in an area that doesn't get the major media attention and will surprise people. Dobbs is athletic and will be used in multiple rolls. Vereen could have easily been a **** star and should be a strong linebacker. Butch should check southwest Va. and upper east Tn. for a "sleeper" that goes unnoticed, like a Jason Witten that may not have gotten the attention that they deserved.

I want to believe this but it's show not tell time now. I'm tired of UT being the sleeper of the South. The kid had one other big time school offer in VT. Everyone else saw some red flags somewhere and we see a five star RB. Tired of seeing this team playing on hopes and dreams.

Jabo is a 4 star running back at least (maybe 5) I think he was hurt and didnt play his whole Sr. Year in high school. That would explan the 3 stars. Jabo is a big risk.....but he has the tools to be a great RB

Edit: just watch his jr. Highlights and u will be excited about him.

Last edited:
I'd say spots that we're thin in today..

AJ Branisel, TE
Jaylon Miller, DE
Lemond Johnson, CB

Another one faces reality. Glad to have you on board. Playing the game on here for e-cred is childish.

You can be a realist and still have hope for better seasons. The better coaches bring out the best in their players while matching schemes and techniques to player strengths instead of fitting square pegs in round holes like Dools/staff. Spurrier does it right every year. Petrino did before he self destructed. It can happen here if Butch/staff have the same coaching abilities as they do. However, until he starts actually coaching we will not know. Anybody predicting great things out of players or a new coaching staff is just pumping sunshine and playing the crowd until it can be proven the coaches and players are for real.

A real UT fan does not want fakes. A real UT fan wants a real UT football team and attitude. A real UT fan wants their team to give it all they have for Tennessee today and every day they wear the orange because they have pride in themselves, team, school and fanbase. That hasn't happened on the hill in quite some time. What happened under Kiffin and Dools was an embarrassment that should never have happened. As a realist I expect certain things to happen all of the time with a UT football team, starting with playing with pride. I hope Jones, staff, and the players are able to restore it. I will wait to see it happen before saying it is happening because talk has been cheap on campus for so long.

I'd say spots that we're thin in today..

AJ Branisel, TE
Jaylon Miller, DE
Lemond Johnson, CB
The question is with those, can Johnson play CB?

If so I'm going to be thrilled! Most think he's a S though and I tend to agree. He was on my list too though :)

I have seen a few mentions of Malik Foreman and I agree. After watching some of his film this guy is very fast and elusive. He looks fluid enough to become a great CB one day.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back