Top 10 WNBA Prospects

DD is a Lady Vol. She got her degree from UT and she played as a Lady Vol. You can't take that away from her even with what she did.

Reactions: 7 people
3. Gabby Williams, Connecticut... No Way she is a great collage player at her height, but will not go in the 1st round.

height means nothing i was all state 2 times in high school.i was 5'10 220 and played the 5 and the 4.4 yrs had rebounding average of 15 game played against 7 footers and rebounding about effort in boxing out.height means nothing.the hardest players i played against where bout 6'1-'2.

height means nothing i was all state 2 times in high school.i was 5'10 220 and played the 5 and the 4.4 yrs had rebounding average of 15 game played against 7 footers and rebounding about effort in boxing out.height means nothing.the hardest players i played against where bout 6'1-'2.

That wonderful, but that was high school, not even collage. how many 6'0" do you see playing the 4 in the pros. 0

Nared over DD? What are you smoking?

DD's game was made for pro ball. Nared hardly can dribble without losing the ball.

but she is a very erratic shooter and an erratic personality. More specifically, she's a prima donna who is a mediocre shooter. DD will get drafted sooner, but I expect Nared to be a first-round pick, and she could have the better career--as she's steadier. She will need, however, to lose a pound or two, which she can accomplish by cutting the swaying tower of hair that she is trying to play with now.

Reactions: 1 person
DD is a turn over machine, and comparing her dribbling to Nared...well i guess you have forgot the 2 or 3 times every game she dribbled the ball off her own leg for a turn over, and she is uncoachable.

Reactions: 3 people
Guess it's a good thing Deshields isn't at Tennessee anymore. The hatred for that young lady is weird. Deshields, and Nared will both have great careers in the WNBA. I do expect Deshields to have the better career of the two. Her game is made for the WNBA. Despite what you may think about her, the girl can flat out play basketball. She, and Nared will make two teams lucky to have them both. Gabby is an enigma to me as far as her game translating in the WNBA. She is a heck of a college player, but personally, I think she is undersized for the 4 position in the WNBA. Unless she becomes a two/three player, but then she would have to improve her shooting. She doesn't have a three ball. She is good at getting to the basket, a good defender, great energy on the court, so we shall see if a team likes those qualities and takes a chance on her.

Reactions: 3 people
Guess it's a good thing Deshields isn't at Tennessee anymore. The hatred for that young lady is weird. Deshields, and Nared will both have great careers in the WNBA. I do expect Deshields to have the better career of the two. Her game is made for the WNBA. Despite what you may think about her, the girl can flat out play basketball. She, and Nared will make two teams lucky to have them both. Gabby is an enigma to me as far as her game translating in the WNBA. She is a heck of a college player, but personally, I think she is undersized for the 4 position in the WNBA. Unless she becomes a two/three player, but then she would have to improve her shooting. She doesn't have a three ball. She is good at getting to the basket, a good defender, great energy on the court, so we shall see if a team likes those qualities and takes a chance on her.

What’s weird about it? The animosity stems from her making a long drawn out post on Instagram about how she was so excited to come back for this season and be a leader for the freshmen, only to hightail it out of here once her bestie was kicked off the team. Some people consider her actions to be un-Lady Vol like. It’s not hard to comprehend, whether you agree or not.

Reactions: 4 people
Nina Davis was useless beyond 5 feet of the basket.

Gabby Williams has a solid mid-range jumper, led her teams in assists, and can defend perimeter and post players equally well. There's no comparison.

As long as she's in peak physical form, Gabby will be a great pro player. I'm a big Diamond fan, but there's nothing Diamond can do that Gabby doesn't do better.

Gabby is 5’11 and she cannot handle the ball good enough to be a guard/wing in the pros and is way undersized to be a 4. Her jump shot is below average. It’s easy to look good on a team full of all Americans when you don’t have to handle the ball or do much because of how Geno offense is run. Put her on the Lady Vols with holly Warlick and she wouldn’t be heard of. Lol

Reactions: 2 people
Diamond could get that shot off whenever she wanted to, but that doesn't mean she will actually make the shot.

I'd take Gabby over DD any day. I used to think she was another Nina Davis until she got starter minutes. I'm sold. Even though players like Kelsey are bigger offensive threats and Aja can take over on offense and defense, I think Gabby has the most complete all around game in WCBB today, and many of her strengths will carry over well to the WNBA.

I dunno I think all around player (team not included) Nared has Gabby best as far as what she can do in the game. Besides outjump Gabby not much Nared couldn’t do... she could play 2-4 while Gabby can’t in the WNBA...

Gabby is 5’11 and she cannot handle the ball good enough to be a guard/wing in the pros and is way undersized to be a 4. Her jump shot is below average. It’s easy to look good on a team full of all Americans when you don’t have to handle the ball or do much because of how Geno offense is run. Put her on the Lady Vols with holly Warlick and she wouldn’t be heard of. Lol

People said the same thing about the 5’11” 206 pound Latasha Byears and she lasted 9 seasons in the league! Unlike Nina Davis who was never coached to do anything else, Gabby has been coached up to do more she just hasn’t had to show it! KML was drafted in the Top 5 and was mothing more than a shooter in college but has shown when needed to that she can put the ball on the floor and defend well enough to stick in the league!

Gabby’s hustle and willingness to put team first and guard whoever whenever will keep her in the league imo, remember a lot of the older talent are on their last leg so the players she would have to guard at the 3 spot many she would have already guarded or will be able to defend well enough to cause headaches!

Trust me Minny and LA would be sure to add her to their roster if she is still available when they select

hey, not bad for a girl! you still got any game? lol

Armintie Price played several years in the WNBA. She wasn't tall, and couldn't shoot. She played hard as Catchings, could get to the rim, and could defend. I think Gabbie Williams will make it in the WNBA on those same attributes.

People said the same thing about the 5’11” 206 pound Latasha Byears and she lasted 9 seasons in the league! Unlike Nina Davis who was never coached to do anything else, Gabby has been coached up to do more she just hasn’t had to show it! KML was drafted in the Top 5 and was mothing more than a shooter in college but has shown when needed to that she can put the ball on the floor and defend well enough to stick in the league!

Gabby’s hustle and willingness to put team first and guard whoever whenever will keep her in the league imo, remember a lot of the older talent are on their last leg so the players she would have to guard at the 3 spot many she would have already guarded or will be able to defend well enough to cause headaches!

Trust me Minny and LA would be sure to add her to their roster if she is still available when they select

Good comparison , but the league is not the same from when TOT played back then . Being 5"11 at the 4 was a bit more common in that day in age 1999-2000's . Example : Le'Coe Willingham , She could not make it in the league today with the way the players athletic ability have evolved .

That wonderful, but that was high school, not even collage. how many 6'0" do you see playing the 4 in the pros. 0

i had college offers for basketball but was better at baseball so i played miami-florida 92-96 but yeah no 6'0 in pros play 4 or 5.barkley is only comes mind cause he was just 6'4 or'6 cant remember but he was inside player.you right but my opinion was rebounding bout being physical n boxing out.that what lady were known for.we used be best rebounding team in history womens basketball.

Good comparison , but the league is not the same from when TOT played back then . Being 5"11 at the 4 was a bit more common in that day in age 1999-2000's . Example : Le'Coe Willingham , She could not make it in the league today with the way the players athletic ability have evolved .

I understand that everyone is assuming Gabby will have to play the 4 in the league because that's what she plays at UConn but that isn't the case.

She can play the 2-5 (in college), Geno has said it himself, she prefers to play down low because no one else was willing to do so.

She's on a team with KLS and Collier, KLS wanted to play the 3 (only) and Collier only wanted to play 3 or 4. Gabby knew in order to get these top recruits at her school she would have to sacrifice and play the positions they didn't want to play. She used it to her advantaged and it worked for her. There are still a lot of 5'11" to 6'0" 3 players in case any one needs a reminder she was a combo guard coming out of High School who learned to play the 4 and 5 to benefit her team and help them land other top recruits. Not many players would do that.

Gabby Williams 2014 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

I understand that everyone is assuming Gabby will have to play the 4 in the league because that's what she plays at UConn but that isn't the case.

She can play the 2-5 (in college), Geno has said it himself, she prefers to play down low because no one else was willing to do so.

She's on a team with KLS and Collier, KLS wanted to play the 3 (only) and Collier only wanted to play 3 or 4. Gabby knew in order to get these top recruits at her school she would have to sacrifice and play the positions they didn't want to play. She used it to her advantaged and it worked for her. There are still a lot of 5'11" to 6'0" 3 players in case any one needs a reminder she was a combo guard coming out of High School who learned to play the 4 and 5 to benefit her team and help them land other top recruits. Not many players would do that.

Gabby Williams 2014 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPN

If she doesn't play 4 then where does she play ? Your not going to play her as a "Shooting" guard because she cannot shoot. The ideal position would be SF but she does not possess the ball handling skills to create her own shot nor can she defend a WNBA post player .

As to your reference towards there being alot of 5"11 to 6"0 ft players did you mean in WCBB or in the WNBA ? Because if so id like too see the list of WNBA posts at that height and specify the success they have had in that position ?

Last edited:
What’s weird about it? The animosity stems from her making a long drawn out post on Instagram about how she was so excited to come back for this season and be a leader for the freshmen, only to hightail it out of here once her bestie was kicked off the team. Some people consider her actions to be un-Lady Vol like. It’s not hard to comprehend, whether you agree or not.

It's old and stale! What's weird is that she is not even here, and a few of you are still obsessing over it. What's even weirder is that it seems to have affected you more than it has Holly, and the team. They seem to be in a good place without her. Maybe you should try to find that good space that Holly and the team has.

it's old and stale! What's weird is that she is not even here, and a few of you are still obsessing over it. What's even weirder is that it seems to have affected you more than it has holly, and the team. They seem to be in a good place without her. Maybe you should try to find that good space that holly and the team has.

Diamond, is that you?

Last edited:
If she doesn't play 4 then where does she play ? Your not going to play her as a "Shooting" guard because she cannot shoot. The ideal position would be SF but she does not possess the ball handling skills to create her own shot nor can she defend a WNBA post player .

As to your reference towards there being alot of 5"11 to 6"0 ft players did you mean in WCBB or in the WNBA ? Because if so id like too see the list of WNBA posts at that height and specify the success they have had in that position ?

I said play the 3 and not the 4 and you don't have to be a dominant ball handler to play the 3 spot.

Here are the list of 3 players who played some 4 over their WNBA career that are 5'10-6'1"!

Essence Carson 6'0" (LA)
Alyssa Clark 5'11" (Seattle)
Karima Christmas-Kelly 6'0 (Dallas)
Nia Coffey 6'1" (San Antonio)
Marissa Coleman 6'1" (Indiana)
Monique Currie 6'1" (Phoenix)
Allisha Gray 6'0" (Dallas)
Ariel Powers 6'0" (Dallas)
Erlana Larkins 6'1" (Indiana) she plays Center BTW
Bria Holmes 6'1" (Atlanta)
Angel McCoughtry 6'1" (Atlanta)
Alex Montgomery 6'1" (San Antonio)
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis 5"11" (Seattle)
Kayla Thorton 6'1" (Dallas)
Asia Taylor 6'1" (Washington)
Maya Moore 6'0" (Minnesota)

That's within the last 10 years within the league. Has the league grew taller at the 4/5 spot yes but to say it is no chance for her to play some at the 3/4 in the league is wrong (imo)and there are a few on the list that she's played against the last 3 or 4 years that she's gotten the best of.

I said play the 3 and not the 4 and you don't have to be a dominant ball handler to play the 3 spot.

Here are the list of 3 players who played some 4 over their WNBA career that are 5'10-6'1"!

Essence Carson 6'0" (LA)
Alyssa Clark 5'11" (Seattle)
Karima Christmas-Kelly 6'0 (Dallas)
Nia Coffey 6'1" (San Antonio)
Marissa Coleman 6'1" (Indiana)
Monique Currie 6'1" (Phoenix)
Allisha Gray 6'0" (Dallas)
Ariel Powers 6'0" (Dallas)
Erlana Larkins 6'1" (Indiana) she plays Center BTW
Bria Holmes 6'1" (Atlanta)
Angel McCoughtry 6'1" (Atlanta)
Alex Montgomery 6'1" (San Antonio)
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis 5"11" (Seattle)
Kayla Thorton 6'1" (Dallas)
Asia Taylor 6'1" (Washington)
Maya Moore 6'0" (Minnesota)

That's within the last 10 years within the league. Has the league grew taller at the 4/5 spot yes but to say it is no chance for her to play some at the 3/4 in the league is wrong (imo)and there are a few on the list that she's played against the last 3 or 4 years that she's gotten the best of.

Essence Carson 6'0" (LA) - Has never played 4 for LA

Alyssa Clark 5'11" (Seattle) - Played 4 for seattle Pre-Stewie & did horrible. Now struggling to keep her starting Job.

Karima Christmas-Kelly 6'0 (Dallas) - Does play the 4 for Dallas very minimally, and when she does we are in trouble.

Nia Coffey 6'1" (San Antonio) - Has played 1 year and barely saw court time so this cannot be counted as a success.

Marissa Coleman 6'1" (Indiana) - Does not and never has played 4 for Indy , It was Catch or Larkins at all times.

Monique Currie 6'1" (Phoenix) - LOL no , she most definitely has never played 4 .

Allisha Gray 6'0" (Dallas) - Is a shooting guard and has never played the 4 position in her ONE season with my wings.

Ariel Powers 6'0" (Dallas) - Has Never played the 4 for my dallas wings neither .

Erlana Larkins 6'1" (Indiana) she plays Center BTW - Was replaced at center by Natalie Achonwa & Candice Dupree PT was diminished this past season .

Bria Holmes 6'1" (Atlanta) - Played the 4 this past season at times due to Angel's Hiatus

Angel McCoughtry 6'1" (Atlanta) - Valid Selection

Alex Montgomery 6'1" (San Antonio) - Does not nor has not played the 4 for San Antonio

Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis 5"11" (Seattle) - Has never played 4 for seattle , has barely ever PLAYED for seattle btw lol

Kayla Thorton 6'1" (Dallas) - Shes not 6'1 ive stood next to every dallas wings player side by side . And all of them listed here have exaggerated heights lol .

Asia Taylor 6'1" (Washington) - You really dug for this one , i dont think shes played more than 30 minutes her entire 2 year career !

Maya Moore 6'0" (Minnesota) - Valid Selection

I was hoping to see a list of successful WNBA players with tenured careers vs 1 year end of the bench type players . Id say 3 of these selections would be viewed as a swing 3/4 type player. Maya , Angel & Alysha Clark have valid cases , but even Clark is a bit of stretch. When it comes to the Dallas wings the players you listed were all invalid , im STH and i know alot of the players on the current squad so id have to decline personally on the ones you have listed as playing the 4 for us .

VN Store

Back