Tommy Thigpen Rumor

Thigpen is our best recruiter, so losing him would be an enormous blow. Not to mention we do not have a very diversified staff with only 2 AA coaches. We could possibly lose both AA coaches and that is a big problem. Having an all-white staff is beyond stupid when you are recruiting mostly AA players.

You can't be serious

Reactions: 2 people
Thigpen is our best recruiter, so losing him would be an enormous blow. Not to mention we do not have a very diversified staff with only 2 AA coaches. We could possibly lose both AA coaches and that is a big problem. Having an all-white staff is beyond stupid when you are recruiting mostly AA players.

I hear Terry Fair's black.

Reactions: 2 people
He really got worn out last year. He has played more as a closer on higher priority recruits this year. Not as active still equals our best recruiter on staff right now.

Don't disagree but other coaches have really stepped up. If Thig left it would be a loss but not as big as some seem to think. CBJ is the real closer on this staff. Not saying Thigpen isn't a beast though.

Last edited:
guys like thigpen move around alot

you'll have to worry about this every offseason basically

guys like thigpen move around alot

you'll have to worry about this every offseason basically

Given the right situation I think Thig would like to return to Chapel Hill and raise his family there. This doesn't appear to be the right situation but we'll see. You're right though this will be a topic of discussion every year he's here.

No way Thig leaves for UNC. People don't always just dream of coaching at their alma mater.

See: Tee Martin

Does Thigpen have an ego-centric wife who thinks she is a star? Tee turned us down because his wife keeps his nads in a box on her makeup table.

Reactions: 1 person
I have heard a little rumor that with Chizik being hired as DC at UNC that he is going to try and bring Thig back to his alma mater. Hopefully, this is nothing more than a rumor, but you never know how people will respond when your school comes knocking.

Pay Thig!

FU for startng this thread after that game!!! Take your thread and shove it up your ignorant azz!! Go Vols and by the way we just paid Thig,so find something else to whine about you little b---h!

Reactions: 5 people
FU for startng this thread after that game!!! Take your thread and shove it up your ignorant azz!! Go Vols and by the way we just paid Thig,so find something else to whine about you little b---h!

Are you sure we did? i never remember him being mentioned for getting a raise. I know butch got money to give assistants raises but was he one of them?

]FU for startng this thread after that game!!! [/B]Take your thread and shove it up your ignorant azz!! Go Vols and by the way we just paid Thig,so find something else to whine about you little b---h!

Put the bottle down redneck. The OP didn't start this thread after "that game".

Reactions: 4 people
Oh but he can be serious. Look at some of his previous posts. It is a tribute to some mix of negavol and... derptitude.

Derptitude.

If you follow recruiting then you already know how important diversity is to a coaching staff. This tidbit is nothing new and has been common knowledge for years. Tennstud used to talk about this all time on Volchat and I can't think of a better source than him. I would be willing to bet UT will never have less than 2 AA coaches.

This is ridiculous why would you leave an up and coming, tradition rich, power SEC school to go to a less than average ACC school?

That's a step down for sure. Thug is going to be here for a long time and a main reason why we win big in recruiting and in the feild.

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back