To our rival school posters here...

I'll be at the Florida bama game in 2 weeks with some friends. I'll be wearing all tennessee orange and pulling hard for Florida. Buck fama

Reactions: 2 people
I never really understood why other SEC-school fans would come post on VN. I guess nothing beats VolNation. Go Vols!

Because this board is more friendly to rival posters than most other boards. For example, If you go to USCe or Vandy's Board and say one negative thing about them, you are banned from their board.

Only one sec school I can NEVER root for no matter what and that's auburn...hate to admit it but I hope bammer kicks their tail this year...also glad to see ky doing better this year, I guess cause they are always underdogs, but can't wait til we woop up on them!!!! GBO!!!

I usually root for our rivals to lose unless it's against one of my ooc hated teams, which are basically Ohio St, USCw, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma. The VP at my company is a huge Sooner fan so I desperately want us to beat the crap out of them.

All you posters saying you would not pull for our rivals playing out of conference, sounds like someone that's been jilted. I view it as sibling rivalry in conference. I most always pull for the SEC to do well. Besides, it makes us look better when we win one of our conference games. This is not going to end well, I know, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

What about when Florida plays Alabama?

original.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
All you posters saying you would not pull for our rivals playing out of conference, sounds like someone that's been jilted. I view it as sibling rivalry in conference. I most always pull for the SEC to do well. Besides, it makes us look better when we win one of our conference games. This is not going to end well, I know, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I agree with this. If SEC teams start getting rolled in OOC games, then we start looking like the Big 10, and SEC doesn't get the automatic strength of schedule nod. The conference doing well as a whole does nothing but benefit Tennessee.

With very few exceptions, I root for:
1. SEC vs. OOC
2. SEC teams on our schedule vs. SEC teams not on our schedule
3. SEC teams remaining on our schedule vs. SEC teams already played

The above rules are best case scenario for Tennesse IMO as long as we are winning. The exceptions to rules 2 and 3 come into play once we've lost to someone and are trailing in the standings because of the loss.
It is all about The University of Tennessee to me - whatever helps us most in the present season.

I am 100% with Wizard on this one. As it only helps Tennessee Football look that much better.

VN Store

Back