'19 TN /WR Lance Wilhoite

In-state Class of 2019 wide receiver picks up another offer

The 2019 recruiting class in Tennessee might be the best crop of players to come through the state in a while.

Wide receiver Lance Wilhoite is at the forefront of the class, and he just picked up another big offer on Tuesday. The Florida State Seminoles have jumped into the recruitment of the rising senior.

The 6-4, 180 pound Nashville product already has drawn interest from Ohio State, Clemson and Florida among others.

The previous coaching staff had pushed for Wilhoite, and this new staff surely will too. The recruitment for Wilhoite will only heat up from here.

-- SEC Country

Reactions: 3 people
[twitter]https://twitter.com/bartonsimmons/status/955173208738721793[/twitter]

Looks like he continues to rock the UT gloves.

Reactions: 3 people
[twitter]https://twitter.com/bartonsimmons/status/955173208738721793[/twitter]

Looks like he continues to rock the UT gloves.

Wow. He looks very impressive here.

Wilhoite might be a better WR prospect than Trey Knox.

Class of 2019 in Tennessee has 3 5-stars IMO. Woodi Washington, Lance Wilhoite, and Trey Knox are 5-star prospects.

[twitter] https://twitter.com/volcrootin/status/955569943453618177 [/twitter]

“The new staff and me are starting to get acquainted,” Wilhoite said. “For right now, I am trying to see how this new staff is going to recruit me because the last staff was on and off. They never really acted like I was a priority.”

Things like this can be expected as a changing of the guard happens at a major program, but it has caused the new staff to work quickly to try to form a relationship with Wilhoite. He hopes to visit campus sometime next month, and the visit will be a good opportunity for both Wilhoite and the staff to familiarize themselves with one another.

Despite Wilhoite’s recruitment being in the early stages, it seems the Vols will have their work cut out for them down the stretch to try to get a signature from the highly touted receiver.

“The schools showing the most love right now are Louisville, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida State and Ohio State,” Wilhoite added.

Wilhoite doesn’t have a time frame for a commitment as he plans to let things play out over the next few months.

“The most important factor is the love the school is showing me,” Wilhoite said. “The weather and the opportunity to get me on the field as early as possible also matters.”

Staff already said he was a priority and he’ll get early playing time. East TN weather ain’t too bad either.

Bodes well for us.

Reactions: 2 people
Recruiting Wrap: Wilhoite has a long list of offers that includes Clemson, Tennessee, Florida State and many other major programs.

Performance: It was a great weekend for Wilhoite, who shined in back-to-back events and looked like he's been putting in a lot of hard work since his junior season ended. He's added weight to his frame and only looked bigger and stronger while still moving very well in drills. Wilhoite showed why so many schools have him high on their list.

-Woody on his NPA open workout

Reactions: 1 person
Should never have been coaching at a school like UT. Butch was totally in over his head when it came to running a football program at this level.

yep. i don't think this staff is. lots still to do. and while i think they've done great on the recruiting trail this year, i think there's going to be some that may take a few late defectors the wrong way.

i think we should be pretty excited what the future might hold here with this staff.

this football team is going to look different in short order, even if it's not all together that much better immediately.

VN Store

Back