'24 TN WR Amari Jefferson (Alabama commit)

I think it’s both….. you definitely take a mediocre kid just bc he is local…. It is important, however, to be highly successful with instate kids that you covet…. We should have a huge advantage over other schools for kids that grew up in state…. The majority of the influences will be pushing them to be a Vol. How do you think Missouri got Burden and is showing up on the lists for Wingo and Nwaneri?

I hope we get this kid bc the staff seems to really cover him and it is always nice to beat Bama for a recruit.

More important to keep a kid instate or go to Missouri and take their top player...

If you had to choose one...

I mean c'mon.

Your instate argument is just plain ridiculous. It's time to put it on a shelf.

“Hang out with the coaches one last time.” That statement was interesting in the video not in a good way imo.
I agree, but he also later said he was going to Bama for the same reason to see them one last time before making a decision. I think this is truly still a 50-50. And I think we land Wingo even if we land Jefferson or not. GBO

More important to keep a kid instate or go to Missouri and take their top player...

I mean c'mon.

Didn't know it was our choice, you just made recruiting a lot simpler. Time to put your prejudice against instate kids on a shelf

I mean c'mon.

I never stated that we should take kids that “we” have rated lower bc they are instate kids…. I don’t know if our staff prefers Wingo or Jefferson…. I have read that they plan on taking 4 wide receivers so I would assume that they really want both of these guys.

The only thing I have stated is that instate recruiting is important bc they are typically easier to get commitments from…. They give you a solid base to your class and if you are not successful there then you probably won’t be very successful the further away from Tennessee that we recruit.

I don’t think missing on one Tennessee guy is a huge deal. The staff has done a great job instate so far.

I never stated that we should take kids that “we” have rated lower bc they are instate kids…. I don’t know if our staff prefers Wingo or Jefferson…. I have read that they plan on taking 4 wide receivers so I would assume that they really want both of these guys.

The only thing I have stated is that instate recruiting is important bc they are typically easier to get commitments from…. They give you a solid base to your class and if you are not successful there then you probably won’t be very successful the further away from Tennessee that we recruit.

I don’t think missing on one Tennessee guy is a huge deal. The staff has done a great job instate so far.
It's not important. Round and round we go.

Reactions: Orange.
Wonder if we push for Anderson if Amari does go to Bama.

Could’ve went ahead and committed to NC State, but hasn’t yet.

I think it’s easy to understand the allure of Bama and to want to go there, but this is not the same Bama. I think he’ll figure that out this year and his first few years on campus.
Yes, because Saban is old. And with most control freaks, there's no coach in waiting or transition plan. I'm surprised that the parents of recruits don't whisper this into their kids ear.

He's going to Bama as of now. All in on Wingo, although that one is a wild ride before he decides.
I’m excited for the wild ride. It’s worth it. Imagine Matthews, Wingo, Staley and the others with Nico and Merklinger, plus the stud TE’s and RB’s…unstoppable offense.

Jefferson, much like bates, was more luxury than necessity. Though it hurts a little more being in state. WR board still has 2 guys with very high upside (Wingo and Mickel) and have 2 high level guys in the boat. Warren and one of the big DL would have always been preferred to Nate’s and Jefferson. (Though you’d like to get them all ;) )

VN Store

Back