Tn vs NCAA….whistle

Refs suck in all sports at all levels. Even whenever instant replay is available calls get missed. The sports world would be a lot better with robo refs. I have friends that ref/umpire and I tell them the same thing. It’s nothing personal, it’s just impossible for human beings to get all the calls right and then you throw in human emotions which could lead to bad calls.

When the refs allow physical play Coach Barnes has no lineup or button to push. That's the problem. Last year we were the team doing the punking and there was nobody on here complaining. Now we are the soft team. With ZZ, Gainey, and JJJ playing the 4 out there together we look like a bunch of 8th graders. Add Aidooo at 6-11 115 pound to the mix the game plan against us is easy

When the refs allow physical play Coach Barnes has no lineup or button to push. That's the problem. Last year we were the team doing the punking and there was nobody on here complaining. Now we are the soft team. With ZZ, Gainey, and JJJ playing the 4 out there together we look like a bunch of 8th graders. Add Aidooo at 6-11 115 pound to the mix the game plan against us is easy
Zakai may be short but he is a pitbull. Dude is the furthest thing from soft.

It never seems to stop about refs.

It's not just Tennessee games. The referees in general suck in every game of every conference..
Yep. Read or talk to any fan about their game. They one thing everyone agrees on, the refs suck and usually the losing team felt they got hosed. We don't agree on much in this country. Thank you refs, for bringing us together in hatred for you and your incompetence

Not a big conspiracy theorist but I can say with 100% fact that there are people in the NCAA that don’t like TN right now, regardless of sport, and would prefer for them not to make it to the final four especially against a blue blood in 16/8.

Come tourney time what is everyone’s belief that the lawsuit could affect both VA and TN to get a fair whistle especially in crunch time?

Not a big conspiracy theorist, eh? So you're a moderate conspiracy theorist? Do you know people who work inside NCAA headquarters? Your post is
silly nonsense, sorry.

Yep. Read or talk to any fan about their game. They one thing everyone agrees on, the refs suck and usually the losing team felt they got hosed. We don't agree on much in this country. Thank you refs, for bringing us together in hatred for you and your incompetence

It's always the officials, ain't it? It's the standard reaction of losing fans everywhere--and will always be so. I didn't see the game but the free-throw attempts in the game were

I think every game we’ve lost, Aido has been in foul trouble the whole game. Seems like we were getting a lot of loose ball fouls last night. Just my observation of the game. We were definitely not shooting very well either.

Zakai may be short but he is a pitbull. Dude is the furthest thing from soft.
I'm not talking about that kind of soft. We are small is the point. A bunch of small pitbulls are gonna look soft against a bunch of big pitbulls. That's when we get exposed. Not every team plays like Miss St and Texas A&M. We are gonna struggle with that level of physicality with these small lineups.

Barnes was a quarter and a half late in making the right lineup change.... Plus you have to get better play from James and Vescovi once again.... Mashack needs 25 minutes minimum
Mashack kept us from being beat by 30. I agree, he should have played more.

I think the Vols got their mid week break a little early. They looked tired and a step slower yesterday. Short shots from fatigue, etc. Not the end of the world to hit a wall in mid February.

Not a big conspiracy theorist, eh? So you're a moderate conspiracy theorist? Do you know people who work inside NCAA headquarters? Your post is
silly nonsense, sorry.
Doesn’t take a conspiracy theorist to see that the NCAA and UT are on contentious terms right now.

I'm not talking about that kind of soft. We are small is the point. A bunch of small pitbulls are gonna look soft against a bunch of big pitbulls. That's when we get exposed. Not every team plays like Miss St and Texas A&M. We are gonna struggle with that level of physicality with these small lineups.
There is only one meaning whenever you say “soft team”. Maybe say short team instead. Whenever you say “soft” a lot of people, including myself, take that as a bunch of guys that are going to lay down and not fight.

This is spot on.

Refs can control games without skewing the stats where it's obvious. (Although at times it is very obvious). They can even out foul calls by calling off ball or non shooting fouls while calling only shooting fouls for other teams.

Watch Pat Adams call a TN game to see what I mean.
I am glad Pat Adams did not get to call the Tennessee vs Kentucky game at Rupp. You know Kentucky would of won that one.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
I know at the high school level you are allowed as a coach to scratch officials from working your games, supposedly without them knowing. I wonder if that is true in college sports?

If so, surely Barnes has considered scratching Adams and a few others.

Reactions: BisonVol
There is only one meaning whenever you say “soft team”. Maybe say short team instead. Whenever you say “soft” a lot of people, including myself, take that as a bunch of guys that are going to lay down and not fight.
We have a couple of "soft" guys. I want say the names but yeah we will call them smallish instead of soft as a team.

On Vol Calls tonight Barnes was fairly diplomatic but got a few slight digs in on the officiating.

On the technical foul he got (at Vandy?) from the official he WASN’T talking to, he said he told him “you need to help him (the other ref)” make calls.

On the goal tending, he didn’t mention having an issue with the lost possession (Bob might have asked, but CRB might have not answered). He emphasized that when EVERY score is so important the calls need to be reviewed and no points are given or taken away when not actually earned or are earned. His only issue was if the play went on and it was to be reviewed later AND it’s late in a game you don’t know what the actual score is.

On Buzz being on the court, he said it absolutely should have been a technical. He said that coaches boxes are going to be interpreted differently in the NCAAT. He also said that somebody avoided bumping into Buzz (Awaka?) and that he was going to have a drill to practice running into coaches on the court (he was joking/laughing, but I bet he’s told them if that happens again to make contact with them).

I’ve forgotten a few comments. The replay should be available on utsports dot com soon.

Reactions: Orange.
I read on this forum comments like the fix is in. they are paid off, this is the most one sided officiated game, etc. Yet at the end we had fewer fouls and more free throws. The Vandy game was a perfect example. They call a whopping 10 fouls on us. If you can fix a game and somehow call fewer fouls on the team you a fixing it against that's some talent. I don't think they are that good at it.
Yea you hardly ever hear complaints after we win and the calls were in our favor. Granted it does not happen often…

Reactions: ColinS
On Vol Calls tonight Barnes was fairly diplomatic but got a few slight digs in on the officiating.

On the technical foul he got (at Vandy?) from the official he WASN’T talking to, he said he told him “you need to help him (the other ref)” make calls.

On the goal tending, he didn’t mention having an issue with the lost possession (Bob might have asked, but CRB might have not answered). He emphasized that when EVERY score is so important the calls need to be reviewed and no points are given or taken away when not actually earned or are earned. His only issue was if the play went on and it was to be reviewed later AND it’s late in a game you don’t know what the actual score is.

On Buzz being on the court, he said it absolutely should have been a technical. He said that coaches boxes are going to be interpreted differently in the NCAAT. He also said that somebody avoided bumping into Buzz (Awaka?) and that he was going to have a drill to practice running into coaches on the court (he was joking/laughing, but I bet he’s told them if that happens again to make contact with them).

I’ve forgotten a few comments. The replay should be available on utsports dot com soon.
I wish CB had ran to half court on our next possession just to see what happened

Not a big conspiracy theorist but I can say with 100% fact that there are people in the NCAA that don’t like TN right now, regardless of sport, and would prefer for them not to make it to the final four especially against a blue blood in 16/8.

Come tourney time what is everyone’s belief that the lawsuit could affect both VA and TN to get a fair whistle especially in crunch time?

We have received some disgraceful officiating in pretty much every sport I can think of.

I think once we’re done with this lawsuit, we use our lawyer team to launch an inquiry on the officiating Tennessee has received.

Look at the Florida Atlantic game last year. The non calls teams get away with when they play us. We need to get officials fired. I’m not asking for bogus calls to go our way—I’m just asking for objective officiating.

VN Store

Back