Tn vs NCAA….whistle

Shrimp&Grits&Vols

Not a big conspiracy theorist but I can say with 100% fact that there are people in the NCAA that don’t like TN right now, regardless of sport, and would prefer for them not to make it to the final four especially against a blue blood in 16/8.

Come tourney time what is everyone’s belief that the lawsuit could affect both VA and TN to get a fair whistle especially in crunch time?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Not a big conspiracy theorist but I can say with 100% fact that there are people in the NCAA that don’t like TN right now, regardless of sport, and would prefer for them not to make it to the final four especially against a blue blood in 16/8.

Come tourney time what is everyone’s belief that the lawsuit could affect both VA and TN to get a fair whistle especially in crunch time?

I think it’s more incompetence and individual biases by refs than a conspiracy. Refs routinely totally revise their rule interpretations from half to half.

Then there are those clown acts by guys like Pat Adams letting their emotions get in the way of sound judgements.

Play our game and don’t let the refs impact the outcome of the game as there are numerous opportunities. There will be bad calls and no calls, but each team has to play through it. But refs can impact the flow of a game and it’s become more obvious over the past years.

In the 90’s, everyone said TN football got all the “calls” and Dean had refs on payroll for UNC. Calipari has mentioned in yrs past how officials targeted his. players during post season play.

At the end of the day, the players must play through it and not focus on officiating. I think that’s what happened Vs JR @ TBA as the players were so frustrated.

Officials

images (1).jpeg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Facts imply evidence. I'm as happy as the next Vol fan to get all roody-poo refereee bashy in a game thread, but I also know I don't have any facts. I just get pissed when they decide to call a "Tennessee plays too rough" game and put us in the foul hole for a half. Seems to happen once or twice every season.

So, in the spirit of true spite, can you share some of those facts with us? I'd love to have some real facts to use when I do get spicy.

I read on this forum comments like the fix is in. they are paid off, this is the most one sided officiated game, etc. Yet at the end we had fewer fouls and more free throws. The Vandy game was a perfect example. They call a whopping 10 fouls on us. If you can fix a game and somehow call fewer fouls on the team you a fixing it against that's some talent. I don't think they are that good at it.

Reactions: Element01
I read on this forum comments like the fix is in. they are paid off, this is the most one sided officiated game, etc. Yet at the end we had fewer fouls and more free throws. The Vandy game was a perfect example. They call a whopping 10 fouls on us. If you can fix a game and somehow call fewer fouls on the team you a fixing it against that's some talent. I don't think they are that good at it.

The total # doesn’t mean much. The team behind commits a lot of intentional fouls at the end. KY did last Saturday.

The biggest impact from officials is when they put 2 quick fouls on certain players early in games. It used to happen to Admiral or Grant all the time. Now it’s Santi getting whistled.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Facts imply evidence. I'm as happy as the next Vol fan to get all roody-poo refereee bashy in a game thread, but I also know I don't have any facts. I just get pissed when they decide to call a "Tennessee plays too rough" game and put us in the foul hole for a half. Seems to happen once or twice every season.

So, in the spirit of true spite, can you share some of those facts with us? I'd love to have some real facts to use when I do get spicy.
I can’t. I was simply wondering if there would be any, even if nothing at all, bias when it comes to whistles.

These refs don’t care about what the ncaa thinks.

Reactions: ksgovols
The total # doesn’t mean much. The team behind commits a lot of intentional fouls at the end. KY did last Saturday.

The biggest impact from officials is when they put 2 quick fouls on certain players early in games. It used to happen to Admiral or Grant all the time. Now it’s Santi getting whistled.
This is spot on.

Refs can control games without skewing the stats where it's obvious. (Although at times it is very obvious). They can even out foul calls by calling off ball or non shooting fouls while calling only shooting fouls for other teams.

Watch Pat Adams call a TN game to see what I mean.

I think it’s more incompetence and individual biases by refs than a conspiracy. Refs routinely totally revise their rule interpretations from half to half.

Then there are those clown acts by guys like Pat Adams letting their emotions get in the way of sound judgements.
Correct. Everyone who is a conspiracy theorist (politically, sports, etc) is someone who will claim the opposition is too “dumb” or mentally unfit to hold their jobs. In the next breathe, they’ll say that these people are running a secret mission against what they want. It’s pretty simple - most human beings are full of error, sin, and dumb af - myself included. Nothing more, nothing less. There’s no conspiracy against us.

Last edited:
At this point, you’d be better off hiring people off the street to officiate games.

Can’t be any worse than it is now.

Reactions: davethevol
Just stop with the final four talk until they actually do it. It’s getting ridiculous

I’m still extremely baffled how Buzz wasn’t called for a tech for being out that far onto the court.

Dude could have easily got one of the players hurt by doing that.

Just embarrassing this is the best officiating crew the NCAA has to offer.

The ESPN halftime crew tonight was exceptionally excited that the Vols were awful and Texas A&M was hitting everything they throw in the air. The turd on the left side of screen was happy and smiling when updating the score that took 2 more points away from the Vols

When Pat Adams sprinted to Barnes in the USCjr game (and then the crew calling 3 fouls in 2 seconds) was the most bizarre sequence I’d maybe ever seen. When Buzz subbed himself into a live game I’m pretty sure I heard Pat Adams say “hold my beer”.

Pat Adams should be heavily fined or suspended for his antics on the court.

There’s no way in hell that should have been allowed in a live ball game.

We got beat in every phase of the game tonight. Players should not have to be told. We have to bounce back. Officiating was not great but we lost this one all by ourselves. Now there is no doubt that should have been a technical foul. You cannot allow a coach to run out on the floor to call timeout in live traffic. That is a terrible miss by the refs period. That is dangerous and a pitiful no call. GBO

We got beat in every phase of the game tonight. Players should not have to be told. We have to bounce back. Officiating was not great but we lost this one all by ourselves. Now there is no doubt that should have been a technical foul. You cannot allow a coach to run out on the floor to call timeout in live traffic. That is a terrible miss by the refs period. That is dangerous and a pitiful no call. GBO
Barnes needs to file a formal complaint to the SEC just to get it on record...not that the outcome tonight would have been different, but from a player safety standpoint...you can't have a coach running across the court during live action.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Barnes was a quarter and a half late in making the right lineup change.... Plus you have to get better play from James and Vescovi once again.... Mashack needs 25 minutes minimum

Reactions: ksgovols

VN Store

Back