'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

I cared a lot more about landing Mays before Pruitt than I do after because recruiting players won't be an issue with the staff he is loading up. While it sucks to miss on him it's like Pruitt said worry about the ones we get and I am confident we will like the roster we have in 2-3 years with or without mays

Reactions: 1 person
I cared a lot more about landing Mays before Pruitt than I do after because recruiting players won't be an issue with the staff he is loading up. While it sucks to miss on him it's like Pruitt said worry about the ones we get and I am confident we will like the roster we have in 2-3 years with or without mays

I am confident Mays will be another Drew Richmond. I've seen the kid play several times and he hasn't impressed me all that much. He was a foot taller than everyone else, and really didn't stand out all that much.

Reactions: 4 people
I am confident Mays will be another Drew Richmond. I've seen the kid play several times and he hasn't impressed me all that much. He was a foot taller than everyone else, and really didn't stand out all that much.

Not the same. Richmond is a softie. Mays is anything but. That is why Mays will be good day 1

“Don’t worry about the ones we don’t get” “worry about the ones we get”

Id like to have him……… he’ll be wearing orange…… I just don’t believe VFL……

Was wondering if anyone else had reservations about him. Watched the championship game and I was not all that impressed. Did a lot of just pushing smaller guys down as they were going by.

Reactions: 2 people
I’ve been thinking guard too but I know most on here think he is a RT. I think his feet would have to improve tremendously to play T

Tennessee was 4-8 and 0-8 in the SEC. Do you see a sec championship in the next 3 yrs?

Never said I did. I do think we will win more than most. Everyone looks at the record this year and blames talent. I do not. I think there are areas we need addressed like on the oline and dline and linebacker and also qb. The post you quoted wasn't me stating my opinion but instead just passing along what was said about Cade wanting to win championships. I don't blame him for that at all.

Edited

Last edited:
Tennessee was 4-8 and 0-8 in the SEC. Do you see a sec championship in the next 3 yrs?

You seem to want to talk things down but some of that depends on getting elite players, right? I mean if you don't work to get elite players then it kind of becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy... or in this case if elite players don't come.

If he believes he's a championship caliber player then he should go to UT and help build a championship.

Is the reason he longer wants to come here because we fired Jones or is it another reason?

According to Doug Mathews, Butch Jones was the reason he de-committed.

My guess is that Clemson and Georgia, two programs in much better shape than ours just filled the void and he just moved on from the idea of going to Tennessee. It appears the kid wants the best chance to play in title games and win championships and Tennessee just isn’t the place to do that right now, whereas both Clemson and Georgia definitely are.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/michaelwbratton/status/940048474053099520[/twitter]

Sure sounds to me like Fulmer is referring to Cade here...

Reactions: 13 people
Sure did. Helped recruit a lot of kids.

Then this is where I would be critical of him.

I generally say a kid should go to where he is happy. In this case you have a guy going "jump in the water first buddy" and then walks away after his buddy jumps in.

I think that is worth criticism.

Reactions: 4 people
Was wondering if anyone else had reservations about him. Watched the championship game and I was not all that impressed. Did a lot of just pushing smaller guys down as they were going by.
I have noticed his lack of foot speed more than a few times. He can be a All American interior lineman but I don't see elite SEC LT talent in him.

All that being said I really really want Cade to stay home. He plays mean and is as strong as a ox.

VN Store

Back