'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

I've said it already but I think he's so adamant that it's a huge uphill climb right now because he knows Cade is a silent commit to Clemson. Remember VQ mods knew he had decommitted from UT weeks before he went public with it.

I still believe in Fulmer and CJP are going to get in home and give it their all but it's going to have to be the best recruiting pitch of their lives. Just not much time to flip him back and he's clearly sold on Dabo and Clemson, IMO.

Sucks but oh well. Focus on the ones we have, right?

There is zero reason for him to sign. If he truly bleeds Orange and just can't see himself rebuilding this program that's one thing, but if he signs, then he never really was a huge fan. He can enroll in January wherever he wishes.

Reactions: 2 people
There is zero reason for him to sign. If he truly bleeds Orange and just can't see himself rebuilding this program that's one thing, but if he signs, then he never really was a huge fan. He can enroll in January wherever he wishes.

Not entirely accurate. He can certainly "bleed orange" and still feel like this probably is rebuilding and still sign early. Many, many positives for him by signing as early as he can.

It is ok folks if Mays doesn't want to play for the vols fine not going to beg him. He has choices to make and those choices will have consequences some good some bad. Leaving his home state is one of he will have to live with. Tennessee needs to recruit players who want to be at Tennessee who bleed orange and want to be a part of making voll football great again. Building the greatest football program in college football. So lets get after it and show these 5 Star young men that UT is where Stars Are Born and they cab be a part of it. We are building a dynasty.

Reactions: 1 person
Not entirely accurate. He can certainly "bleed orange" and still feel like this probably is rebuilding and still sign early. Many, many positives for him by signing as early as he can.

Disagree. There is very little reason to sign. He can still go wherever he wants. I think it definitely shows his level of orange blood in his veins. I don't think it's too much to ask to allow a little more time to get to know the new staff.

Honestly I think the kid is making a good choice. I think Tennessee is a better choice given his family, his lifelong fandom, and where he's from but I don't think Clemson is a bad choice. Clemson will probably continue to compete for championships; fsu lost their head coach which is clemsons primary competition.

The only thing I would say is Tennessee fans would love him more because the name Mays means a bit more to Tennessee fans. Whether he goes on to be a number one draft pick or injuries or bad luck hold him back he would always mean a bit more to the fans in Knoxville. I'm not sure Clemson fans would give a damn about the last name Mays in a few years unless he's an allstar. We take care of our own and always have.

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly I think the kid is making a good choice. I think Tennessee is a better choice given his family, his lifelong fandom, and where he's from but I don't think Clemson is a bad choice. Clemson will probably continue to compete for championships; fsu lost their head coach which is clemsons primary competition.

The only thing I would say is Tennessee fans would love him more because the name Mays means a bit more to Tennessee fans. Whether he goes on to be a number one draft pick or injuries or bad luck hold him back he would always mean a bit more to the fans in Knoxville. I'm not sure Clemson fans would give a damn about the last name Mays in a few years unless he's an allstar. We take care of our own and always have.

Uh, Clemson is a no brainer. Their program is consistent, successful and winning at the highest level. Plus it's an awesome college town and atmosphere. I wouldnt expect a lot of 5 stars. It's just reality.

I fail to see ANY positives for him signing early. Not like he is gonna lose his spot anywhere if he just early enrolls in January without signing in December.

Clemson isn’t a “bad” choice by any means, but if he does love the Vols, it’s in everyone’s best interest to wait and give the Vols new staff a chance.

I said before that I wouldn’t send my son to play for Butch, as much as I love UT, because it would be a bad move for his development. I don’t think the same reasoning applies to the new coaching staff.

I really believe this boils down to Cade’s mind being poisoned against UT by Tee Higgins, Amari Rodgers, etc and the fact that he was friends w Butch’s son.

Like I said these decisions have consequences he needs to choose wisely. He has time for sure but coach Pruitt is making decisions and filling spots also. I would suggest that he take a little time and see hoe this shakes out with this new clasd but dont take so much time you miss out on a career of a lifetime.

Like I said these decisions have consequences he needs to choose wisely. He has time for sure but coach Pruitt is making decisions and filling spots also. I would suggest that he take a little time and see hoe this shakes out with this new clasd but dont take so much time you miss out on a career of a lifetime.

I think Cade can wait as long as he wants and still have a spot wherever he wants to go.

I fail to see ANY positives for him signing early. Not like he is gonna lose his spot anywhere if he just early enrolls in January without signing in December.

Clemson isn’t a “bad” choice by any means, but if he does love the Vols, it’s in everyone’s best interest to wait and give the Vols new staff a chance.

I said before that I wouldn’t send my son to play for Butch, as much as I love UT, because it would be a bad move for his development. I don’t think the same reasoning applies to the new coaching staff.

I really believe this boils down to Cade’s mind being poisoned against UT by Tee Higgins, Amari Rodgers, etc and the fact that he was friends w Butch’s son.

I would agree with this. Honestly I just think he needs to evaluate everything honestly. If he were planning to play at Tennessee for Jones then I think Pruitt gives him a better chance at competing for championships. The NFL talk of being cost draft status is stupid, trey isn't hurt by playing here. I do think if he chooses Clemson we should be respectful though and not be idiots on twitter.

This...

Uh, Clemson is a no brainer. Their program is consistent, successful and winning at the highest level. Plus it's an awesome college town and atmosphere. I wouldnt expect a lot of 5 stars. It's just reality.

There are so many schools like Clemson around the country. They have flirted with success a few times in the past but were nothing special and have recently come up with a magic formula. It just takes the right combination of coaches and some recruits buying in. Right now people are buying what they are selling. Maybe soon, UT will give people something to buy in to. Until then the recruits that come to UT love UT - I'll be a big fan of those players.

I would agree with this. Honestly I just think he needs to evaluate everything honestly. If he were planning to play at Tennessee for Jones then I think Pruitt gives him a better chance at competing for championships. The NFL talk of being cost draft status is stupid, trey isn't hurt by playing here. I do think if he chooses Clemson we should be respectful though and not be idiots on twitter.

Always should be respectful. Embarrassing for grown men to get that bent out of shape over a kid making a huge decision that will impact the rest of their life.

I DO think some of our players NFL futures were extremely negatively impacted by the previous coaching staff though. I do NOT believe that will be the case moving forward.

Somebody that tweets, tweet that @ Cade Mays, please.

Sorry...my research was off by a full 100%. Clemson has had two OL drafted in that span. With one OT. Still not much to brag about.

Now if you’re a defensive player or WR, they’re right up there with anyone.

Sorry...my research was off by a full 100%. Clemson has had two OL drafted in that span. With one OT. Still not much to brag about.

Now if you’re a defensive player or WR, they’re right up there with anyone.

I'd like to see how that compares to Will Friend. Also wonder if WKU had any OL drafted from Helton's time as OC there?

VN Store

Back