'20 TN OL/DL Bryn Tucker

Tucker, Morris, and Ratledge will all be Vols. Tucker should announce sometime in the next couple of months.

Reactions: 4 people
On Wednesday, he named a top five with LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, Virginia Tech and Notre Dame making the cut. "Those are the schools that are recruiting me the hardest and the ones I want to focus on," Tucker said. "I plan on committing around my senior year and I want to just focus on those schools and give them the best chance to show me what they have to offer. I feel like I'm close with the coaches at those schools and they have what I'm looking for."

"Coach Friend is a tremendous offensive line coach," Tucker said. "It was the first time I got to see him coach coach. I liked him and how he coached. He's a hard worker and he is going to push his players to their capabilities. We we will see how he does with the Volunteers this fall. It was awesome to work with him. I had a lot of fun actually."

Tucker has been impressive every step of the way dating back to his freshman season for the Irish. He's gotten stronger and can now handle the daily reps without being phased. "It's good to put in that work," Tucker said. "Going against that type of competition makes you better. It was awesome and the atmosphere was really good. There were some great offensive linemen down there and everyone was around us."

That showed up bigtime during his camp experience at both the Nashville Rivals camp in May and Tennessee's camp a few weeks back. After his work, he got to sit down with his family and get to have meaningful talk with Jeremy Pruitt & Co. "After the camp I got to sit down with coach (Tyson) Helton and coach Pruitt both one on one with my family," Tucker said. "Just going over my strength and weaknesses. Coach Pruitt told me that I did great at camp and I took advantage of his words and went straight back and put stuff back into my game."

Tucker plays tackle in high school but that will likely change in college. Recently, schools have been very straight forward with their desire to move Big Tuck inside and play him where his power becomes a force. "Most of the schools I visit say they like me at guard or center," Tucker said. “That's where I worked at and performed at. I feel like I can perform at any position, but I feel like I'll be better at guard or center."

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
“Coach Friend, he’s an awesome coach,” Tucker said. "I usually speak to (offensive coordinator Tyson) Helton the most. All the coaches, they’re tremendously amazing. … I mean, no hate to the old staff. The old staff was good. But, I mean, this coaching staff right here, it’s something special. I could see them bringing a national championship maybe in about three years, or maybe this year — I mean, (if) a miracle happens.

“They bring a national-championship vibe. They’re determined that they’re going to turn this team around, and they’re going to turn them into top-notch players. I mean, I’ve seen them work out this summer, and it looks amazing. They’re all crisp-looking, and they’re just doing everything perfectly. I’m just like, ‘Wow.’

“I can just see them going (a long) way — bright future.”

“I just wanted to get a feel for Coach Friend, how he coaches,” Tucker said. “I see him coaching other players, but I wanted to be in the action with him and see how he actually coaches with me one-on-one, personally. It was awesome.

“He’s going to push you, and he’s going to say some things that you don’t want to hear. But that’s how he gets you better. You really can’t tell a person, ‘Keep going, you’re doing great.’ You’ve got to be honest with them, because that’s how you get better. He’s a person that would work you hard, and he also cares about you at the end of the day.

"He’s going to put you in the NFL. I mean, he put some players in the NFL at Colorado State. He’s a great coach.”
Callahan

Reactions: 14 people

VN Store

Back