'18 TN DE Emmitt Gooden (Tennessee signee)

SIAP, don't know if it's the same article posted earlier

@Volquest_Paul: Instate defensive lineman @What_A_Star5 is one to keep an eye on for the class of 2016. Already a beast as a soph: Gooden one to watch in 2016

TheRealEmmit22 ‏@What_A_Star5 3m
Me at The UT Knox game when they played Auburn #GBO #Vols pic.twitter.com/96LXRlRURd
BeocVsoIAAAblVP.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Yep. Brownsville/ Haywood high school. They have some great athletes, but their coaching has been pretty bad since the last coach left to go to Crockett county HS

They just got a new coaching staff this past year and did make it to the playoffs. Hopefully they can get going in the right direction. It's been awhile since HHS has been really good.

John Jancek was in West Tennessee checking in on several prospects including 2016 defensive lineman Emmit Gooden who Tennessee offered. Gooden said it was a big deal and very exciting for him. We will have a full story on Gooden's offer and reaction tomorrow as well. - VQ

Reactions: 1 person
"When I talked to coach Strip on Sunday I didn't an offer was coming," Gooden said. "I know coach Jancek was stopping by the school but I didn't know they would tell my coach they offered me."

"As soon as I found out about the offer and I went in the back and called my mom and she was telling me she was so happy for me and she was screaming," Gooden said. "That was an exciting moment for me because no one in my family has ever done that before and that just makes me want to go harder."

"That Tennessee offer means a lot," Gooden explained. "My defensive coach was telling me I was the first sophomore in Haywood County to ever get an offer from Tennessee. My coach was just letting me knows how blessed I am."

Gooden added that Tennessee and Vanderbilt still make up his top two right now and he hopes to play his college football in the state of Tennessee.

-VQ

Reactions: 10 people
I wonder how many times other kids on OVs are going to confuse this guy for a coach.

Recruit: "Hey Coach. What are we gonna see next?"

Gooden: "Let's find a coach and ask him cause I was wondering the same thing. I need to shave. It's been almost an hour and this beard is itching me."

:eek:lol:

Reactions: 4 people
Someone on VQ pointed out this kids birthday is later this week and we know how Butch loves commits to use a special day for their announcement. So with the VQ hints that someone in the '16 class will commit this week I've changed my guess from Banks to Gooden. Kid looks like a monster, boom.

Someone on VQ pointed out this kids birthday is later this week and we know how Butch loves commits to use a special day for their announcement. So with the VQ hints that someone in the '16 class will commit this week I've changed my guess from Banks to Gooden. Kid looks like a monster, boom.

Could be, but he also tweeted today that everyone would find out his choice of school 2 years from today. I'm still banking on...well...Banks.

Gooden is apparently deciding something according to the Tweet thread. The two year thing was more about NSD, doesn't mean much. Maybe two commitments for the class of 2016 w/ the addition of Dorian Banks, too, as he is set to announce today.

VN Store

Back