Tiny Retiring From Football

Richardson handled Clowney his sophomore year when they played. Hell he handled almost everyone that year. His junior year he was playing injured most the year and he pretty much had to try to get drafted then because of a degenerative condition in his knee. So he was really talented but was playing hurt his junior year.

Tiny had no business leaving early if he was injured. NFL teams are allotted $86,957 total for all UDFA players signed, and the average bonus is around 5k. It was reported that Tiny received no bonus$ from the Vikes for signing, and since he didn't make the team or the practice squad he didn't receive a salary last year.

This is what happens to far too many "student" athletes in big time college football. I really hope he comes back to get that degree, otherwise he joins the ranks of so many other young men who wasted the opportunity of a free university education.

hello guys thanks for all the well wishes. I plan on finishing my degree and getting into coaching on some level. My knees just wouldn't let me do what I love but I will take my passion for this game and help make future player with my experiential knowledge for the game. GO VOLS Antonio "Tiny" Richardson

Reactions: 1 person
hello guys thanks for all the well wishes. I plan on finishing my degree and getting into coaching on some level. My knees just wouldn't let me do what I love but I will take my passion for this game and help make future player with my experiential knowledge for the game. GO VOLS Antonio "Tiny" Richardson

Are you channeling Tiny?

Tiny had no business leaving early if he was injured. NFL teams are allotted $86,957 total for all UDFA players signed, and the average bonus is around 5k. It was reported that Tiny received no bonus$ from the Vikes for signing, and since he didn't make the team or the practice squad he didn't receive a salary last year.

This is what happens to far too many "student" athletes in big time college football. I really hope he comes back to get that degree, otherwise he joins the ranks of so many other young men who wasted the opportunity of a free university education.

He left because he had to. His evals were 1st rd grades, and he was with one of the best agents in Eugene Parker. He was paid last year and got a bonus. Not sure where the information you have came from. He was put on the injured reserve and stayed in Minnesota and was sent to surgery by the Vikings. Thus once OTAs started this year he reported and it just didn't work out. To sum it all up it just didn't work out. Every man doesn't make it but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have done something or sought out his dream job. On the education standpoint its free for former athletes to come back and finish their degree. So he loses nothing from that stand point either.

He left because he had to. His evals were 1st rd grades, and he was with one of the best agents in Eugene Parker. He was paid last year and got a bonus. Not sure where the information you have came from. He was put on the injured reserve and stayed in Minnesota and was sent to surgery by the Vikings. Thus once OTAs started this year he reported and it just didn't work out. To sum it all up it just didn't work out. Every man doesn't make it but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have done something or sought out his dream job. On the education standpoint its free for former athletes to come back and finish their degree. So he loses nothing from that stand point either.

ESPN reported Tiny was one of five of last years Viking signee's who received nothing in the way of a bonus. Tiny, if that's you - I thanks you for all you did and wish you nothing but the best in the future. Please come back and get that degree!
Kain Colter got largest bonus among Vikings' undrafted rookies | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities - Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings

He had a degeneration cartilage issue. It was not going to get better. He was going to have a shortened career even if it were a best case scenario. Kid played through a lot of pain.

Don't sound like Eugene Parker did a very good job here.

Don't sound like Eugene Parker did a very good job here.

There really wasn't much more Eugene could've done. Once he got to the combine it was a rap. Even James Andrews vouched for Tiny after a surgery procedure. Even if he'd have stayed nothing different would've happened from his perspective.

I know he wanted to play in the pros but he really had some bad advice to leave early with those knees in the shape he was in. Too bad. Even if he didn't play college ball anymore, at least he could have gotten his degree on scholarship. Others who want to leave early should stop, look and listen to Tiny.

Such a shame he couldn't have made it just a little longer..

Two more fully healthy seasons and I think he could have went out as one of the best in the NFL. JMHO

#GBO #VFL

I know he wanted to play in the pros but he really had some bad advice to leave early with those knees in the shape he was in. Too bad. Even if he didn't play college ball anymore, at least he could have gotten his degree on scholarship. Others who want to leave early should stop, look and listen to Tiny.

the issue here was not the issue when he entered the draft. He re-injured the ailing knee in predraft work outs and had microfracture surgery. He had a surgery also while at UT on his knees. He was correct to leave. It just had some very extenuating circumstances to occur. People the kid had a top 15 pk grade across the board.

Hopefully the knees don't bother him the rest of his life.

Chronic condition. If it is a genetic degenaritive condition like mine, it doesn't just affect his knees. I feel sorry for Tiny. I couldnt imagine trying to play competitive sports at the highest levels with this condition. I hope he is blessed with a high pain tolerance. It will come in handy.

Hey Mr. Conley...is his condition chronic joint degeneration, or just localized in his knees from wear and tear of years of sports?

Thanks TR, you were a beast and a true VFL...sorry you had to put up with what you did at Tennessee and Minnesota. I hope you become a great HS coach and send all yer studs our way lol. Good luck sir and thank you for giving your all for Tennessee.

VN Store

Back