TIME TO MOVE ON!!!

VolMarine1371

While Milton didn’t lose the game for the Vols tonight, it’s time to move on from Milton and go ahead and get Nico some reps. Regardless if it’s Nico or Milton, the results are going to be the same the next 2 games. This post isn't meant to be bashing Milton, but it’s time to start preparing for next year and get Nico reps so the coaches can see if they need to hit the portal for a QB in the off season.

Milton has never been a player that you could rely on to make a play or take over when it was needed. Mizzou game planned to make sure to stop the run and make Milton beat them no matter what happened in the pass. They was determined we wasn’t going to beat them running the ball. Last year when something wasn’t working, you knew Hooker would make a play to be the difference in close games. Milton just doesn’t have the ability to take over a game or to make a game changing play when needed. The 3 games we have lost have been the games where we have struggled to run the ball.

I understand that we lost a lot from last years team, but it’s obvious the play calling isn’t even close to being the same. It takes longer to get the plays in, takes longer to get the players lined up, and the team is not as smooth with the play speed as they have been last 2 years. I feel like Milton has handicapped the play calling due to his abilities.

When he runs the ball he does great things, but for some reason he rather take a sack than pull it and run it when nothing is open. He takes too long to get rid of the ball and is indecisive with the ball when his 1st read isn’t open. For his size, speed and strength, you would think he would want to run the ball more. But he has been afraid to run the ball since day 1 when he ran out of bounds against Ole Miss with no time left on clock.

I am upset we lost this game, but I know the future is bright and Milton is going to the NFL. If Nico comes in and just lights it up last 2 games, you would think that would help with recruiting. So I feel like we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by starting Nico last 3 games of the season.

Milton needs to be the past. I don’t think we will win with any qb vs Georgia. They are so good. Might be good to get Nico some experience like we did Dobbs vs Alabama years ago.

While Milton didn’t lose the game for the Vols tonight, it’s time to move on from Milton and go ahead and get Nico some reps. Regardless if it’s Nico or Milton, the results are going to be the same the next 2 games. This post isn't meant to be bashing Milton, but it’s time to start preparing for next year and get Nico reps so the coaches can see if they need to hit the portal for a QB in the off season.

Milton has never been a player that you could rely on to make a play or take over when it was needed. Mizzou game planned to make sure to stop the run and make Milton beat them no matter what happened in the pass. They was determined we wasn’t going to beat them running the ball. Last year when something wasn’t working, you knew Hooker would make a play to be the difference in close games. Milton just doesn’t have the ability to take over a game or to make a game changing play when needed. The 3 games we have lost have been the games where we have struggled to run the ball.

I understand that we lost a lot from last years team, but it’s obvious the play calling isn’t even close to being the same. It takes longer to get the plays in, takes longer to get the players lined up, and the team is not as smooth with the play speed as they have been last 2 years. I feel like Milton has handicapped the play calling due to his abilities.

When he runs the ball he does great things, but for some reason he rather take a sack than pull it and run it when nothing is open. He takes too long to get rid of the ball and is indecisive with the ball when his 1st read isn’t open. For his size, speed and strength, you would think he would want to run the ball more. But he has been afraid to run the ball since day 1 when he ran out of bounds against Ole Miss with no time left on clock.

I am upset we lost this game, but I know the future is bright and Milton is going to the NFL. If Nico comes in and just lights it up last 2 games, you would think that would help with recruiting. So I feel like we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by starting Nico last 3 games of the season.
This again? Just stop. It isn’t going to happen.

So let me get this straight. Due to us losing tonight, OP and some others on here want to take our true freshman, scrawny 18 year old kid, future of our program and put him up against one of the best teams we’ll face all year, risking both a potential upset AND, more importantly, a terrible injury.

Yea…good luck with that.

Milton needs to be the past. I don’t think we will win with any qb vs Georgia. They are so good. Might be good to get Nico some experience like we did Dobbs vs Alabama years ago.
Benching a guy who stuck it out and was a good teammate for the last two games of his career likely wouldn’t be a great move for the locker room and may not be the signal you want to send to Nico and others. Milton will start the next two, Nico will likely play second half of Vandy, and maybe next week if UGA is up big

Reactions: kcvols1 and temptn
Yeah let’s beat this dead horse again. Milton isn’t getting pulled. Heupel loves him. He will finish the season. It is what it is.
Unless Milton was your kid, should never fall in love with someone that can't come through when the stakes are at their highest and you are in desperate need of a win to salvage the mediocre season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doberman

This would have been done around halftime at Florida if Heupel used logic. I think he’s a solid coach but some really big head scratching decisions if I’m being honest.

Reactions: loservol
Benching a guy who stuck it out and was a good teammate for the last two games of his career likely wouldn’t be a great move for the locker room and may not be the signal you want to send to Nico and others. Milton will start the next two, Nico will likely play second half of Vandy, and maybe next week if UGA is up big
If the team cared so much for Milton, it wasn't showing up on the field this season. They only care about someone who can win and make them look good, so they can get paid at the next level.

If the team cared so much for Milton, it wasn't showing up on the field this season. They only care about someone who can win and make them look good, so they can get paid at the next level.
Ok, but it isn’t happening

Why are you guys so quick to want to see Nico get eaten by Georgia? This is an emotional overaction. Milton was hardly the problem tonight. A running game, special teams, and the defense were the places you should be pointing your finger if anywhere.
Fortunately, these people aren’t making the decisions. They’re just posting crazy on message boards.

So let me get this straight. Due to us losing tonight, OP and some others on here want to take our true freshman, scrawny 18 year old kid, future of our program and put him up against one of the best teams we’ll face all year, risking both a potential upset AND, more importantly, a terrible injury.

Yea…good luck with that.
Isn't it the trainer's job to pork Nico up?

VN Store

Back