Time for Coach Mathews 9 AM EST

I think Bryant or Weathered will start at MLB. We will finally have a hand full of DT's to rotate in and out.
Not Weatherd. He's OLB all day long. If Phillips turns out to be Wonder Boy 2.0 (as good as Barnett was as a freshman), I could see them ask Maggitt to move to MLB. That position is the QB of the defense, and no one knows it better than Maggitt. Plus, having senior leadership at that position would be huge. He's definitely got the size for it...to be a real thumper

Reactions: 1 person
Not Weatherd. He's OLB all day long. If Phillips turns out to be Wonder Boy 2.0 (as good as Barnett was as a freshman), I could see them ask Maggitt to move to MLB. That position is the QB of the defense, and no one knows it better than Maggitt. Plus, having senior leadership at that position would be huge. He's definitely got the size for it...to be a real thumper
The Kirkland kid coming in as a LB drew rave reviews when he ran down a legit 4.4 QB from behind in the Army All Star game yesterday. It is said the kid has the "it" factor whatever "it" is, this kid could be a sleeper at LB like Barnett was for us at DE. Just sayin'

Reactions: 1 person
Mathews:

Lots of Fundamental Improvement in the Bowl Game.

Outstanding Kick Coverage.

Great momentum going into next year.

Lots of improvement this season.

Really helped recruiting.

Based on his experience: May lose some non core coaches at Coaches Convention within a week or so.

Forgive my ignorance, but help me understand what a non core coach is please? Position coaches? Or GAs? Any insight?

Forgive my ignorance, but help me understand what a non core coach is please? Position coaches? Or GAs? Any insight?

I think he is referring to position coaches and not coordinators. I assume each position coach has received his new salary for next year. Now comes the time when other schools try to poach the better recruiters. I assume there will be some additional salary increases to match and retain some of the staff. There may be some of the staff who are offered coordinator positions and possibly HC positions. CBJ will work hard to keep his staff together.

Last edited:
I think he is referring to position coaches and not coordinators. I assume each position coach has received his new salary for next year. Now comes the time when other schools try to poach the better recruiters. I assume there will be some additional salary increases to match and retain some of the staff. There may be some of the staff who are offered coordinator positions and possibly HC positions. CBJ will work hard to keep his staff together.

Thanx, I hope our staff can remain intact! IMO that is 1 of te big things this team needs is stability. You can see how they are starting to gel n click. I know coaching changes occur I just hope we avoid them. Thanx again.

I have a hard time listening to any sports station that covers UT. Theyre all so dry and boring.

The sports shows we have in Raleigh blow this out of the water. Especially Steve Logan.

Logan is good and Dave Glenn is pretty solid. I can't stand Adam and Joe during drive time though.

Mathews was a good college football coach, he is really good at pukeing up information that is solid and is informative, Mathews knows what he is talking about.....Not sure he cares that he sounds like a hillbilly

Mathews was a good college football coach, he is really good at pukeing up information that is solid and is informative, Mathews knows what he is talking about.....Not sure he cares that he sounds like a hillbilly

There is a difference between a hillbilly, redneck and hilljack

If Phillips turns out to be Wonder Boy 2.0 (as good as Barnett was as a freshman), I could see them ask Maggitt to move to MLB.

Or if either Lewis or Vereen take a big step forward in the off season.

I'll be surprised if Maggit plays more DE than MLB next season myself. I expect to see him there when we play 3 LB's and then slide over to DE when we bring in the nickle back.

Isn't Maggit an LB at the next level?

VN Store

Back