Time for Coach Mathews 9 AM EST

Just a bit off topic, but will Jennings get a legit shot at QB? Seems with Dobbs success he would be an ideal fit - thoughts or answers?

I dont listen because of his personality, I listen for his info. Good grief

Times effing 100. For crying out loud, who cares if he stammers a little bit. I wanna hear about the program, the recruiting, the mood in the AD and any other info he provides. I'm not expecting to turn on the radio and get Abbott and Costello.

Reactions: 3 people
Just a bit off topic, but will Jennings get a legit shot at QB? Seems with Dobbs success he would be an ideal fit - thoughts or answers?
I would say so with the lack of quality depth there. We've already seen what Peterman can do unfortunately.

I think our kick coverage was the best I've seen since I don't know when. Special teams played very good all around.

All season long our kick coverage was very good on both punts and kick-offs. You have to believe it was one of the points of emphasis for this team after the previous season, especially that Auburn game.

This! I don't see how Bynum wouldn't at the very least be Bate's back up and perhaps in on certain defensive packages. Barring injury (I know, a big if considering our luck), I don't see why Jacob COULDN'T redshirt.

I bet he'll be named as 1st team at least until Fall.

Also said we're only actively recruiting 2 positions at the moment to finish the class.....OT and RB.
QB Jones has us as his leader. Interesting that Coach Matthews doesn't mention him or that we may still be recruiting that position. I'm really hoping he's a part of this class.

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting no mention of TE. Is depth not a concern there?

He did mention TE. Creamer redshirted and the staff is high on him. We will be in excellent shape at TE. All the more reason for the recent transfer out of program. I believe he felt he won't see the field because of the depth and talent at TE.

Reactions: 1 person
Wolf, Ellis, Creamer, Oliver....not the deepest but a good first and second for sure.

A.J. Branisel will be back after redshirting this year. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Justin King move back to TE just to add depth. Don't see him getting any snaps at LB and could be a good blocking TE.

He did mention TE. Creamer redshirted and the staff is high on him. We will be in excellent shape at TE. All the more reason for the recent transfer out of program. I believe he felt he won't see the field because of the depth and talent at TE.

Brasiel ??

I have a hard time listening to any sports station that covers UT. Theyre all so dry and boring.

The sports shows we have in Raleigh blow this out of the water. Especially Steve Logan.

Matthews is a little dry but he is really informative. He knows more than all other radio hosts that talk about UT.

Last edited:
Last edited:

VN Store

Back