Tiffany's Thread (updates and prayers, and a place where she can smack Joe in public when he needs it :)

Normal is on the left, what her situation looks like is on the right. Her urinary tract, tube's, make a V where it goes into her conduit (like a bladder made from her intestine). Dr said instead of draining, her urine was dripping, and pooling up in her tube's, and getting back into the kidney. He can't promise fixing this will fix her, but he sincerely thinks it's a major part of the problem. He'll get everything to the Dr in Vanderbilt, and we'll see what they say
1000000059.jpg

Just an FYI, cause I was confused. She's been in the hospital, had countless scans and such, so I was confused why nobody has ever noticed this. This wouldn't show on a CT scan, MRI, or anything else like that. One of the things he did, and why they put her to sleep, is use a camera. They ran it through the tubes in her back, into her kidneys, then all the way down. Then, he ran it up her stoma, hole in her stomach, to where the tubes are. A camera would be the only way to see what he saw, because of just the way the anatomy is

Just an FYI, cause I was confused. She's been in the hospital, had countless scans and such, so I was confused why nobody has ever noticed this. This wouldn't show on a CT scan, MRI, or anything else like that. One of the things he did, and why they put her to sleep, is use a camera. They ran it through the tubes in her back, into her kidneys, then all the way down. Then, he ran it up her stoma, hole in her stomach, to where the tubes are. A camera would be the only way to see what he saw, because of just the way the anatomy is
The right doctor asking the questions.

The right doctor asking the questions.
True. I'm having high hopes that Vanderbilt can help her. She said they're emailing her every day, and they really seem interested in hoping they can. Maybe they'll feel like they can fix this, and it will help her.

Normal is on the left, what her situation looks like is on the right. Her urinary tract, tube's, make a V where it goes into her conduit (like a bladder made from her intestine). Dr said instead of draining, her urine was dripping, and pooling up in her tube's, and getting back into the kidney. He can't promise fixing this will fix her, but he sincerely thinks it's a major part of the problem. He'll get everything to the Dr in Vanderbilt, and we'll see what they say
View attachment 641061
This is exactly the situation with my two-year-old grandson, only on the left side, though. (Ureteral reflux.) By the time he was born, the damage had been done, and he has one working kidney, which might not be 100%.

Praying that you guys might be on the right road at last.

This is exactly the situation with my two-year-old grandson, only on the left side, though. (Ureteral reflux.) By the time he was born, the damage had been done, and he has one working kidney, which might not be 100%.

Hope and pray that he'll be okay

Praying for the little fellow 🙏

True. I'm having high hopes that Vanderbilt can help her. She said they're emailing her every day, and they really seem interested in hoping they can. Maybe they'll feel like they can fix this, and it will help her.
Hey Joe I don't always keep up on here, but at one time weren't you all going to travel and see about Tiffany getting a transplant, I must have missed what happened there.

Reactions: ArdentVol

is there any chance he can get a donor kidney in the future ?

is there any chance he can get a donor kidney in the future ?
If the “good” kidney starts to lose function, that will be the next step. But kidneys are a redundant organ, and we can live on one as long as it works well (and we don’t develop diabetes or high blood pressure, or injure it in sports, etc.)

Transplants carry their own risks in terms of long-term anti-rejection drugs, which suppress the immune system, graft-vs-host disease, etc.

VN Store

Back