Throw back helmet idea to celebrate 1938 team”UPDATED”

Bring back the orange helmets with the khaki colored pants to honor George Cafego and the 1938 team.

Can not believe how many people on here despise Tennessee Orange.
I agree , my idea was something I thought would be cool to honor a great Volunteer team from the past.

Right! I mean how many times was Tennessee blown out in white helmets in the last 15 years or so. Folks really believe the helmet, jersey, or shoe color is the reason Tennessee lost a game.

Interesting some people think an orange helmet is responsible for the loss to SCar. I'm fine with those helmets and think they should be in the rotation once each season.

Reactions: onevol74
Bro you gotta be wild coming in here with orange helmet idea. Hasn't even been 50 years since that Gamecock debacle. Too soon, imo.
JK, it's a helmet, but you surely will hear it.

I’m cool with the orange helmets as long as it is accompanied by the orange jersey and pants. Make it an orange out. It didn’t look right with the storm troopers.
The problem was the Vols resembled Clemson on the road at USC and that is a recipe for a bunch of pissed off Gamecocks....just sayn

Its kind of comical to read this thread. I asked what folk’s thought about a throw back style helmet to honor the 1938 volunteer squad. I got a few likes but in typical VolNation style I got a lot of talk about how the orange helmets cost Tennessee the SC game last year, the quote “A$$ Hat” which I’m still not sure what he was referring to, and a conversation in German. All I really want to know is what y’all thought about a 1938 style throw back helmet.🤣😂🤣😂

Only way I'd ever want to wear an orange helmet again is if they were a satin finish and I'm up in the air on that. Maybe with script "Vols" on them would look good. The orange helmets we wore last year were terrible.

Turning back the clock to 1938 had many risks. What if we also get the Anschluss and the German occupation of the Sudetenland as well? 😬

As long as some guy named Neville Chamberlain doesn't pop up outta nowhere saying he has a solution, we good.

Reactions: skeelsd
Only way I'd ever want to wear an orange helmet again is if they were a satin finish and I'm up in the air on that. Maybe with script "Vols" on them would look good. The orange helmets we wore last year were terrible.
I liked them but In my opinion the color of orange wasn’t quite right

NO ORANGE helmets...NOT EVER AGAIN!!!!

PLUS...THAT looks REALLY small...maybe for Squirrel...but I can't IMAGINE "Big O"...

Orange helmets had nothing to do with that cluster, but by that logic you must really hate the white helmets 🤣

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back