Thoughts on Kentucky

Not saying he won't do it, but Noel would be an absolute fool to come back. His stock has actually improved since being injured because everyone else looked so terrible late in the year.

Everyone does agree that Kentucky is still the odds-on favorite to win in Arlington next year, right?

Remember, all of my predictions were preseason. I think Noel was close to Davis. Would have been in contention for the same awards as Davis was if he wasn't hurt. Again, don't remember comparing MKG and Poythress. And yeah, I said Harrow would be better than Teague. Harrow never fit in, I was wrong.

Carolina fans have no business LOL'ing at anyone.

I think the other poster was probably laughing at two things: 1) It's a Kentucky site and 2) it says "everyone agrees." No doubt Kentucky will be good next year, possibly even the best. I fully expect them to add Wiggins (God knows why), which should solidify it most likely. Not trying to pick a fight, but probably the most absurd comment involved in this little bickering back and forth is your suggestion that UNC fans are on some sort of low pedestal (see your above comment). Perhaps not what you meant, but that is how it comes across. Anyhow, I really don't care.

How so? He felt the need to remind everyone, and I found that quite funny.

Not to over-generalize, but I find frequent similarities between Alabama football and Kentucky basketball. Many of their fans want to constantly remind you of not only how good their team is but that they're historically the best. Admittedly, they have a good argument in both cases, but the fact that often eludes them is that the other 99.7% of America couldn't care less.

And cue argument over all-time best program in 3,2,1...

Reactions: 2 people
I think the other poster was probably laughing at two things: 1) It's a Kentucky site and 2) it says "everyone agrees." No doubt Kentucky will be good next year, possibly even the best. I fully expect them to add Wiggins (God knows why), which should solidify it most likely. Not trying to pick a fight, but probably the most absurd comment involved in this little bickering back and forth is your suggestion that UNC fans are on some sort of low pedestal (see your above comment). Perhaps not what you meant, but that is how it comes across. Anyhow, I really don't care.

Quite the manifesto for someone who doesn't care. The article is a kentucky site, but quotes polls/articles from prominent AP sources.

My point is simple and needs no interpretation. Carolina sucked last season also and got drummed by their biggest rival, and Ol Roy has been taking a beating lately on this board. It's 16 hours after the title game and already UK is at the top of the food chain and he is pissed about it.

I understand his panties are wadded up, but the "lol" is irony to me.

Quite the manifesto for someone who doesn't care. The article is a kentucky site, but quotes polls/articles from prominent AP sources.

My point is simple and needs no interpretation. Carolina sucked last season also and got drummed by their biggest rival, and Ol Roy has been taking a beating lately on this board. It's 16 hours after the title game and already UK is at the top of the food chain and he is pissed about it.

I understand his panties are wadded up, but the "lol" is irony to me.

No manifesto here. Just explaining his point. His post was condescending, as was yours. I'll stand by my Alabama/Kentucky comparison though, condescending or not. That post is true. This is a Kentucky basketball thread though; it's point is admittedly to discuss Kentucky bball, so I'll stop now.

Admittedly, they have a good argument in both cases, but the fact that often eludes them is that the other 99.7% of America couldn't care less..

Easy to answer, it's because the 99.7% remaining programs in America are NOT the elite. Therefore, the easy copout answer is "who cares," when in fact if it were reversed and the remaining 99.7% could claim that status, fans would do it every single day, and twice on Sunday.

As a courtesy because we were defending NC's. Nobody believed that ****.

"I told you they were overrated! No one was listening to me but I said they were absolutely not going to make it! No chance; I said they needed experience! I was right!"

- Person who was also confident about an NCAA Tournament appearance for Tennessee with 20 wins.

Quite different scenario I believe, which I think you already know.

There's more talent coming in, I agree. However, it's unproven and you never know how all the guys will mesh, that was proven this year.

Don't count your chickens was all my point was...on paper KY will have the most talented team, however you could probably say the same about this years NIT team.

VN Store

Back