Thoughts on Kentucky

Wiltjer tweets out tonite that he is not transferring, wants to be a part of another Kentucky championship.

That's big, that team will need some experience and he provides it...

So wiltjer, polson

8 freshman (including Hawkins)

Means 3 of goodwin, poythress, stein and noel could stay, see 1 at most and likely none though. JMO

You are on a vol message board. Learn your place on here. No one is going to take it easy on you.

Thank you sir for stating the obvious. I think I've learned my place by now.

And that's big by Wiltjer. I really hope he works on his post game and bulks ups a bit.

Were you not surprised? WCS and Poythress would both go in the first round if they had declared as well. I don't see how this is a smart decision by either.

I had no expectations, because you never know what motivates 18 year olds.

Jon Hood just announced that he's returning next year, will not transfer.

Right back at ya bruh

Weren't you the one trying to convince us of Goodwin's quotes after the Robert Morris loss? Ya know the ones here he said he'd be back that nobody is ready to go pro?

No, I was only repeating what he said.

Harrow, Noel, Goodwin, and Poythress were smart. WCS was the only really dumb person staying.
It's just not a smart move to turn down a first round grade this year, especially considering the strength of next year's draft. All risk and likely, very little reward for Poythress.

WCS made a downright stupid decision considering he'd be a lottery pick this year.

So you didn't have any predictions as to who would leave or stay? Do you think smart decisions were made?

I really didn't have a read on it. I had posted what they said in the heat of the moment after RM, but you never really put stock in such statements.

To this point, probably good decisions.

Goodwin was ready enough. He showed what he needed to show in the last 10 games of the season.

WCS is too inconsistent. Sometimes dominating, sometimes dominated. No inside game at all. He was great at drawing fouls, but god help us if he has to actually hit a free throw. Needs time with Kenny Payne to develop some post moves.

Poythress has potential and would probably get drafted, but will benefit from another year in college.

Noel is craaaazy if he doesn't go.

It's just not a smart move to turn down a first round grade this year, especially considering the strength of next year's draft. All risk and likely, very little reward for Poythress.

WCS made a downright stupid decision considering he'd be a lottery pick this year.

There is a reason that UK got smoked after Noel left. Some teams figured out that we had no inside game with WCS, so they just played the perimeter. By shutting down the 3-ball, they correctly exposed that team's biggest weakness.

There is a reason that UK got smoked after Noel left. Some teams figured out that we had no inside game with WCS, so they just played the perimeter. By shutting down the 3-ball, they correctly exposed that team's biggest weakness.

Oh I agree that from a development standpoint it's great they came back. But why come back when you could develop your skills against better competition while being payed big money to do so? The NBA drafts off potential, especially in a weak draft like this. Just too much risk in coming back.

Kentucky players especially shouldn't have to look all that far to see how fragile their careers really are.

I think Poythress did make a tough decision. If he plays well and gets minutes, great choice. If he plays less and doesn't show improvement, bad choice.

VN Store

Back