Thor: Ragnarok (November 3, 2017)

Hard to top the Led Zeppelin track from the first trailer but the end may have done it.

Thor: Ragnarok Official Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue80QwXMRHg[/youtube]

Man, I know nobody agrees with me, but the Thor movies are the best marvel movies except for "X-Men: First Class" and "Ragnorak" looks better than the 1st two. Can't wait.

Still a DC guy, tho

Man, I know nobody agrees with me, but the Thor movies are the best marvel movies except for "X-Men: First Class" and "Ragnorak" looks better than the 1st two. Can't wait.

Still a DC guy, tho

I thought the second Thor movie was one of Marvel's best. This looks really good.

It was funny and I was entertained. I've been pretty disappointed in the Marvel releases lately. I think the first Iron Man and the first XMen and the Gaurdians of the Galaxy have been amazing, but after that the movies haven't been as strong.

It was funny and I was entertained. I've been pretty disappointed in the Marvel releases lately. I think the first Iron Man and the first XMen and the Gaurdians of the Galaxy have been amazing, but after that the movies haven't been as strong.

Winter Soldier? Civil War?... the first Avengers?!?

Reactions: 1 person

Still a DC guy, tho

I did not like the first Thor movie..same goes for the first Captain America..the sequels have been fun though. This one looks good.

Winter Soldier? Civil War?... the first Avengers?!?

I really liked both Thor movies. But, maybe it's because I was a huge fan of the Thor comic book, especially Simonson's run. I just dig the Thor movies. Hemsworth is charismatic and funny(he stole the new "Vacation" movie,imo). Plus he is huge and looks like what I think Thor should look like.

But, yeah, all 3 Cap movies are real good and so are the Avengers movies. First Iron-Man is pretty good, but 2 & 3 were average, imo. RDjr is the perfect Tony Stark, tho

Dang you guys are rough..these movies are not, and have never been intended to be anything more than spectacular popcorn munching entertainment. They are not pretentious or boring unless you just don't care for the genre. Marvel does a great job with them.

How so?

I don't think they ever go into these movies looking Oscar noms.

No, but there is a bigger purpose here than just making fun, mindless action flix. There is a very grand story to tell here. A very well-written story that many of us grew up reading.

I see both the MCU and even the DCEU as the largest telling of this story we will ever get, as opposed to just a series of summer blockbusters

No, but there is a bigger purpose here than just making fun, mindless action flix. There is a very grand story to tell here. A very well-written story that many of us grew up reading.

I see both the MCU and even the DCEU as the largest telling of this story we will ever get, as opposed to just a series of summer blockbusters

I see what you are saying in a sense that all of these separate movies have fragments that are leading up to a bigger event. It was ambitious of Marvel to create the shared cinematic universe and has changed how movie studios think of their franchises for better or worse.

Ultimately they are still meant to be movies you shut your mind off and just enjoy. They aren't going for high art.

It's kinda like Star Wars. George Lucas has straight up said they are popcorn spectacle flicks. Over the years fans have tried to project deeper meaning to the stories. That meaning isn't really there though. It's just a simple tale of good vs evil in a skin comprised of Lucas' favorite influences.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back