This team is loaded

Loaded relative to where we've been the last decade

Exactly, hey, no one is more excited about the possibilities than me, but we are not "loaded." We are really good, as good as we have been in a long time, but we are not loaded. Alabama is loaded, trust me, they are loaded, and if they get QB play, they might win another NC (sorry to say) LSU is loaded, and they return more starters than we do. If they get QB play, they will win the NC. There are other teams that are loaded, Clemson, FSU, etc. I'm just saying.. I know I will get crushed for this, but just remember that this is the first year in more than a decade that we have had any depth at all! We've had three good recruiting classes, Alabama has had 11! We can't over look anyone starting with Appy State and Va Tech, even Ohio, and Floriduh knows they are going to beat us again.. We got a long way to go!

Reactions: 1 person
I hope we have a great season and win it all, but Team 120 hasn't one the first game yet. That being said, I do like our chances. Go Vols!

We are the most experienced Power 5 team in the country, that's a fact per Phil Steele. The other two? Arguments could be made for and against. I have a tough time believing that we're more talented than a handful of teams who have consistently recruited at a higher level for the last 3-4 years. For example, Bama, who's had the concensus #1 recruiting class for 6 years running immediately comes to mind.

That being said, the most talented team doesn't always win. We're right there in all 3 categories.

That's cause you can't see or judge talent.

Let the gifted like myself guide you.

There is not a more a talented starting 22 than the one Tennessee will have this season.

There are teams that are close and probably equal in talent to us, but when you look at the complete make up of Tennessee, no one can compare top to bottom. We have the best running back tandem in the country(along with Fournette and Guice), the deepest running back group in the country 1-4. We've got as much talent at WR as anyone and Preston Williams has All American written all over him. We Legitimately have AT least one All American at every level on both sides of the ball. We've got probably 3-4 first round draft picks. we have an online that has a ton of experience AND depth. The defense will be one of the best in the last 15-20 years in all of college football. As you said the most experienced team in the country and a team that is battle tested with so many tough losses. I see this team as a virtual lock to make the play off and I see them getting there rather easily.

I think the biggest challenge will be the UGA game.

Agree with everything you said.

I think there's a chance the 2016 Vols rival the 2001 Miami Hurricanes in terms of future NFL talent.

That is how stacked I believe this roster is.

This team is loaded, but so is Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M and Auburn, for that matter....
it won't come easy
Go Vols

In terms of talent, I think only Florida State comes close.

Alabama defensively is as talented as us, but we wipe the floor with them offensively.

The other teams you named don't come close. They recruit well, but we've been a lot better at player evaluation. Almost all of our recruits either live up to or exceed their recruiting rank.

essentially the same thing.

if i'm being totally honest.....i think the only thing that can really hold us back is if Jones just goes ultra pucker factor in the close games.

learning how to close is key. can you step on the throat when it's time to....and can you take care of the opponents you're supposed to.

Cosign.

Butch Jones is the only doubt left in my mind about how great team 120 can be. If he stays out of the way, no one can beat us.

If he coaches like he did against Oklahoma and Florida again this year, then we're in trouble.

essentially the same thing.

if i'm being totally honest.....i think the only thing that can really hold us back is if Jones just goes ultra pucker factor in the close games.

learning how to close is key. can you step on the throat when it's time to....and can you take care of the opponents you're supposed to.

Playing not to lose. It's driven me crazy for years. Not just in Jones time. But we seem to do more of it on both off. and def. now than ever before....

Exactly, hey, no one is more excited about the possibilities than me, but we are not "loaded." We are really good, as good as we have been in a long time, but we are not loaded. Alabama is loaded, trust me, they are loaded, and if they get QB play, they might win another NC (sorry to say) LSU is loaded, and they return more starters than we do. If they get QB play, they will win the NC. There are other teams that are loaded, Clemson, FSU, etc. I'm just saying.. I know I will get crushed for this, but just remember that this is the first year in more than a decade that we have had any depth at all! We've had three good recruiting classes, Alabama has had 11! We can't over look anyone starting with Appy State and Va Tech, even Ohio, and Floriduh knows they are going to beat us again.. We got a long way to go!

And? This is not the NFL. Most of Alabama's great players before the 2013 class are in the NFL. All we need is 3 great classes to match anyone in college football.

Man some of y'all need to get over this inferiority complex.

Just look at our players and compare them to other teams. We're way more stacked. Look at Georgia, on paper they've recruited as good as us the last 3 years, if not better. Yet I bet nobody here would trade rosters with them. Same with Florida.

Butch Jones for all his faults is great at actually one thing. Talent evaluation. Remember, he found Antonio Brown and JJ Watt in the same recruiting class at Central Michigan while they were just 2 stars.

Just think about this. The only highly rated recruit we have that has still not broken into the 2 deep heading into his junior year is Dillon Bates. That's it. Every other four/five star recruit has either made an impact or is being touted as a future impact player. Go ask Georgia and Florida fans how many big time recruits they have that still haven't made an impact? I'm sure it'll be more than just one guy.

In addition we have so many 3 star players starting for us performing as good or better than most other teams 5 stars (i.e. Cam Sutton, Ethan Wolf, Dylan Weisman).

We're loaded guys.

Last edited:
It's gonna be a dog fight with Florida, Georgia, TXAM, and Alabama. We do have the two big games at home, and we should win both road games, heck we are loaded!!! Tennessee!!! 2016 NC's Go Vols!!!

VN Store

Back