This team is loaded

This is like having a date with a hot looking girl......The excitement is palpable...Everyone is so ready for a big season.....

Good luck to all of us.

Reactions: 2 people
There is not a team in the country with more experience, talent, and depth than Tennessee.

We are the most experienced Power 5 team in the country, that's a fact per Phil Steele. The other two? Arguments could be made for and against. I have a tough time believing that we're more talented than a handful of teams who have consistently recruited at a higher level for the last 3-4 years. For example, Bama, who's had the concensus #1 recruiting class for 6 years running immediately comes to mind.

That being said, the most talented team doesn't always win. We're right there in all 3 categories.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We are the most experienced Power 5 team in the country, that's a fact per Phil Steele. The other two? Arguments could be made for and against. I have a tough time believing that we're more talented than a handful of teams who have consistently recruited at a higher level for the last 3-4 years. For example, Bama, who's had the concensus #1 recruiting class for 6 years running immediately comes to mind.

That being said, the most talented team doesn't always win. We're right there in all 3 categories.

There are teams that are close and probably equal in talent to us, but when you look at the complete make up of Tennessee, no one can compare top to bottom. We have the best running back tandem in the country(along with Fournette and Guice), the deepest running back group in the country 1-4. We've got as much talent at WR as anyone and Preston Williams has All American written all over him. We Legitimately have AT least one All American at every level on both sides of the ball. We've got probably 3-4 first round draft picks. we have an online that has a ton of experience AND depth. The defense will be one of the best in the last 15-20 years in all of college football. As you said the most experienced team in the country and a team that is battle tested with so many tough losses. I see this team as a virtual lock to make the play off and I see them getting there rather easily.

I think the biggest challenge will be the UGA game.

Reactions: 1 person
This team is loaded, but so is Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M and Auburn, for that matter....
it won't come easy
Go Vols

Reactions: 4 people
This is like having a date with a hot looking girl......The excitement is palpable...Everyone is so ready for a big season.....

Good luck to all of us.

Amen brother. We all want it. We all deserve it. We all earned it. 36

Wow. That's what you think of the kids playing this year?

Heck no. Sorry to come across that way. I was replying to fades comment about being loaded and how we are not like what some powerhouses consider loaded and we have been so thirsty for a really good team that it doesn't take as much to consider it loaded. It wasnt in reference to the correct team, just how my idea of loaded (which is this team) is lower than what Bama OSU OSU etc had considered loaded the last decade. I think this is a really good team, but I would seriously have a hard time putting money on them going 11-1 just because of life on Rocky Top. But no offense to the current team. :hi:

Heck no. Sorry to come across that way. I was replying to fades comment about being loaded and how we are not like what some powerhouses consider loaded and we have been so thirsty for a really good team that it doesn't take as much to consider it loaded. It wasnt in reference to the correct team, just how my idea of loaded (which is this team) is lower than what Bama OSU OSU etc had considered loaded the last decade. I think this is a really good team, but I would seriously have a hard time putting money on them going 11-1 just because of life on Rocky Top. But no offense to the current team. :hi:

Gotcha! Thumbs up emoji! Life on Rocky Top is definitely good enough for me to feel really good about this season and hope our guys bring it.

Gotcha! Thumbs up emoji! Life on Rocky Top is definitely good enough for me to feel really good about this season and hope our guys bring it.

Yeah In saying I am stoked about that 2003 SUV lol!
This team should be really good. Dobbs improves a little, defense holds on key 3rd/4th downs and LAST years team would have been considered really good. This year tho... Could I BE any more excited?!

Originally Posted by VolFreakJosh View Post
2016 SEC Champions.
2016 National Champions.

essentially the same thing.

if i'm being totally honest.....i think the only thing that can really hold us back is if Jones just goes ultra pucker factor in the close games.

learning how to close is key. can you step on the throat when it's time to....and can you take care of the opponents you're supposed to.

There are teams that are close and probably equal in talent to us, but when you look at the complete make up of Tennessee, no one can compare top to bottom. We have the best running back tandem in the country(along with Fournette and Guice), the deepest running back group in the country 1-4. We've got as much talent at WR as anyone and Preston Williams has All American written all over him. We Legitimately have AT least one All American at every level on both sides of the ball. We've got probably 3-4 first round draft picks. we have an online that has a ton of experience AND depth. The defense will be one of the best in the last 15-20 years in all of college football. As you said the most experienced team in the country and a team that is battle tested with so many tough losses. I see this team as a virtual lock to make the play off and I see them getting there rather easily.

I think the biggest challenge will be the UGA game.

Easy now, I get what you're saying but let's be a little honest here. I'm sure no one wants to admit it other than to themselves but this team only goes as far as Dobbs consistency takes us. He has to be more consistent down the field or he, nor Williams will be AA. I think the biggest hurdle is still Florida. I don't see UGA beating this Tennessee team with a true freshman without him being the next Murray or Greene. Outside of that there's Bama. I don't believe Hurd will sniff anything close to 90 yards this time. We will have to get creative to open things up and run the ball. Playing them twice will be a good measure as to were we are come bowl games.

essentially the same thing.

if i'm being totally honest.....i think the only thing that can really hold us back is if Jones just goes ultra pucker factor in the close games.

learning how to close is key. can you step on the throat when it's time to....and can you take care of the opponents you're supposed to.

Other than the Dobbs issue this is the only other thing that concerns me. Jones having an absolute brain fart and not doing the right thing.

Its going to be a long season. There will be injuries for all SEC teams and players will come out of no where to become stars. Impossible to predict, too many variables.

Will be favored in every game... Even Bama by 1.5 at home

Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't checked odds), but if we're 1.5pt favorites at home, doesn't that mean we are actually 1.5pt underdogs in that Vegas scenario?

Or are we 4.5pt favorites? I'll hang up and listen.

Don't care about the stars by their names. Don't care about the 4th quarter breakdowns. Don't care about any streaks. The fact is the 2016 Vols are very talented and very experienced. Virtually every major contributor returns from a team that put two playoff teams on the ropes.

I have been critical of Dobbs and his accuracy - but I truly believe he will have a monster year. I know hope springs eternal before the first game for every team...but not every team has almost every single player in the previous year's highlight video returning. Enjoy.

*Mods if this is in another thread, sorry.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCyjedIjdA[/youtube]

Thank you! I needed some ORANGE Kool Aid this morning for breakfast.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

OK, it admittedly has been a while since I have seen AirDobbs throw the pigskin, so it was comforting to see him throw it downfield but, just don't think he will ever have the zip on it many of us wold like. However, I can live with those passes as long as our receivers get under them, which they should with their talents. His running abilities and strong backfield will be hard to defend against for sure. GBO

Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't checked odds), but if we're 1.5pt favorites at home, doesn't that mean we are actually 1.5pt underdogs in that Vegas scenario?

Or are we 4.5pt favorites? I'll hang up and listen.

We would be 1.5 underdogs, the assumption in the betting line is that Vegas gives the home team 3 points, so on a neutral site against Bama we'd be 1.5 point underdogs in the scenario above.

VN Store

Back