This is why we win 10 games this year

"Pretty good" doesn't win many games in the SEC. They all need to step up....a couple of rungs.

Agreed, but "pretty good" is better than the "terrible" offensive lines that Butch won 9 games with. That's the point that OP was trying to make, I think.

WTF is wrong with some of you fans lol winning 10 games this year??? Are you serious we will be lucky to go 6-6 and make a bowl. 5-7 is much more likely and 4-8 again wouldn’t shock me either.

I'm in the 4-8 or 5-7 prediction area as well, but I don't inundate every thread with rampant pessimism. Have a beer dawg, it is May.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed, but "pretty good" is better than the "terrible" offensive lines that Butch won 9 games with. That's the point that OP was trying to make, I think.

Fair enough, but I think UGA, So.Car, UK, and Mizzu are a "little" better than they were 2-3 yrs ago.

Fair enough, but I think UGA, So.Car, UK, and Mizzu are a "little" better than they were 2-3 yrs ago.

I have to agree with that.

I really hope we WIN against USCe because I can't stand musCHUMP.

I also hope the Mizzou O falls totally apart with their new OC being Derick DRooley.

I always hope to WIN them all but reality says differently.

Reality says we have the 4th toughest schedule in the country.

All new coaches, totally new playbooks on both sides of the ball and far too many injured that missed spring practice.

It's VERY important that we make a bowl game because we badly need those 15 extra practices and another game of experience.

Where we're at right now I'll take 6 WINS and back to a bowl game.

I'll always hope we do much better than 6.

VFL...GBO!!!

After reading this post I can only conclude that I somehow missed the news about the legalization of marijuana in Tennessee. 😁

This is why I say we win 10 games this year! This is the best we've been on the line of scrimmage in more than a decade and Butch won 9 games twice with less. Better staff, better line of scrimmage talent = Let's go!
:rock:

Why do you people do this to yourselves?

Reactions: 2 people
Obviously we have the talent to win 9 games this season with possible being 10 in a bowl game. Honestly though I just don't see the big turn around year 1. Not because my expectations are not high. Not because Pruitt's are not. Just simply because its going to take some buy in to give maximum effort. He came from what 3 programs where there was total buy in maximum efforts being given. Even during bad games the teams were giving maximum effort and winning the games. He hasn't seen that kind of effort yet and is pissed. He has basically spoken about it every flipping interview so far.

I guess my thoughts are somewhere between sunny(lknox/troll) and OD/Nation.

There are so many unknowns with this team and staff, I don't think anyone can give a realistic, confident prediction. It's all a guessing game.

I am hopeful for a winning season and a bowl game.

I guess my thoughts are somewhere between sunny(lknox/troll) and OD/Nation.

There are so many unknowns with this team and staff, I don't think anyone can give a realistic, confident prediction. It's all a guessing game.

I am hopeful for a winning season and a bowl game.

Haha, TJ, 99% of the known universe is between sunny-troll-Iknox and OD-Nationdom. I mean, there are billions of galaxy clusters between those two extremes. Everything the Hubble telescope saw, it's in between them. The Borg, Dr. Who's home planet, and that place where the Lost in Space family was lost, those are all in between those bookends. :)

Me too. :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
Haha, TJ, 99% of the known universe is between sunny-troll-Iknox and OD-Nationdom. I mean, there are billions of galaxy clusters between those two extremes. Everything the Hubble telescope saw, it's in between them. The Borg, Dr. Who's home planet, and that place where the Lost in Space family was lost, those are all in between those bookends. :)

Me too. :good!:

Haha... Well said.

This is why I say we win 10 games this year! This is the best we've been on the line of scrimmage in more than a decade and Butch won 9 games twice with less. Better staff, better line of scrimmage talent = Let's go!

I’ll have one of what he is drinking. Sorry, love my Vols but, improvements that significant in lines that have been terrible for years, gotta prove it.

I don't think so, either. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's not.

Nationdom and OD have a good-spiritedness about them that sets them way apart from D4H, who is an evil little goblin willing to abandon our team when he doesn't get his way. Those two fellas never do that. Really sets them apart from him. They're each worth 10 D4Hs.

OD could be a different person, i may be wrong. But there's no doubt in my mind that Nationdom and D4H are tge same person.

OD could be a different person, i may be wrong. But there's no doubt in my mind that Nationdom and D4H are tge same person.

Of course, we'll likely never know.

But I'd bet $100 you're wrong. Two very different personalities. All they share is unbounded optimism. In every other way, they are totally different.

WVA game is crucial to a 6-6 or 7-5 type year. The next 2 after that should be gimmees. Then UF comes to town. Win that and they should at least muster 2 more out of Charlotte, Mizzou, Vandy, USC, and UK. UGA, Bama, and Auburn will all be in the loss column. Talk about a 5 game murderer's row stretch.

Last edited:

Just curious: is this a "worst case scenario?"

Guys, I’m not D4H or Nationdom. Look, I’ve been optimistic on Pruitt from day one. I’m so high on him that, I can’t even let go of 10 wins. I can’t help it. I think we can beat Florida and Georgia this year.

Reactions: 2 people
I’ll have one of what he is drinking. Sorry, love my Vols but, improvements that significant in lines that have been terrible for years, gotta prove it.

You seem to be saying that you think we suck until we prove otherwise. But I take the 180-degree opposite view. Why?

We follow this sport and this team because we enjoy it. There is not a thing wrong with having a positive and hopeful attitude to make it fun, versus dour gloom and doom.

I have seen nothing to make me think that this coach and staff will do anything but make them work their butts off and be a hard-nosed football team, competing in every damned game, starting with the first one. And the fact remains, we will be undefeated until events prove otherwise.

VN Store

Back