This is looking like a Va. Tech Class

Alabama's chances were far more significant that season. Utah was playing to make a statement that they could play with the "big boys" and that they deserved a share of the title. Alabama knew that their chance was gone in early December in ATL. Utah was still undefeated.

Right, Utah wanted to prove something. What did Alabama prove? That they just quit on games they don't think are important.

It's obvious that Alabama came out of the locker room extremely fired up. They proved it by taking a 21-0 deficit. Saban's teams are seemingly known to drop 21 points on the board without scoring in big games. It's a clear indicator that Saban wanted that game more than most. I'm sure the disappointment of not playing OU the following week for something significant didn't play a factor, at all.

I don't believe this crap for a minute. You lose the SECCG, you go out and beat the living hell out of a MWC opponent to take out the frustration. No excuses.

He's defending Bama's loss to Utah because they didn't play for the title after being #1 most off the season. It was their own fault the lost and had to go to the Sugar Bowl. Honestly, Bama didn't have to accept the bowl game. Still a loss is a loss regardless of the players mindset. Can't use that as an excuse.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Right, Utah wanted to prove something. What did Alabama prove? That they just quit on games they don't think are important.

Yes, Utah was still trying to stay undefeated, beat "big" Alabama, and to make a case for their share of the title. You tell me what UA would have proven had they won? That they're better than Utah? They're Sugar Bowl Champions? They're #3?

I don't believe this crap for a minute. You lose the SECCG, you go out and beat the living hell out of a MWC opponent to take out the frustration. No excuses.

One would think, but to me it's blatantly obvious that Alabama didn't feel that way. I can't think of any big game that a Saban coached team went down an early 21-0. I'll do some research. I could be wrong.

Yes, Utah was still trying to stay undefeated, beat "big" Alabama, and to make a case for their share of the title. You tell me what UA would have proven had they won? That they're better than Utah? They're Sugar Bowl Champions? They're #3?

They certainly didn't want to prove that Utah could stomp them.

well it doesnt lessen utah's win..thats alabama's fault for not preparing and getting ready for the game

That's a load of crap.

Florida was in the exact same situation this past season and came out and beat the hell out of Cincinnati (who was ranked higher than Utah the season before) in their bowl game.

Alabama came out and got their butts handed to them in a game they should have won. Period. Don't make excuses for them.

Florida must've been wearing sleeveless shirts under their pads in their bowl game because they did want it, unlike Alabama in their meaningless bowl game

Edit: the thought must've ran in our heads at the same time haha

Florida was in the exact same situation this past season and came out and beat the hell out of Cincinnati (who was ranked higher than Utah the season before) in their bowl game.

Tebow's last game. No way they were going to come out and lay an egg.

well it doesnt lessen utah's win..thats alabama's fault for not preparing and getting ready for the game

I'm not trying to lessen Utah. I'm saying when Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, or any other big team or rival play Alabama - they are, for the most part, going to get everything Alabama has to offer. (For the most part) I don't see Alabama getting fired up for a Sugar Bowl, when the expectations were to be playing the following week against OU.

Bama's loss to Utah was their QB's last game. What's your point? Like I said a loss is a loss.

That's a load of crap.

Alabama came out and got their butts handed to them in a game they should have won. Period. Don't make excuses for them.

sigh

Good for Florida. Good for Utah.

If you think Alabama, or any Saban coached team, would have dropped 21 consecutive points against OU in the first quarter of the national championship game, then that is your right to believe that.

I seriously doubt it.

So if Alabama gets really revved up for a mid season rivalry game with us, it's safe to assume that they gave everything they had last year against us and barely managed to win by 2 points. If you go by that logic then our coaches last year must have sucked because we got beat by more points by 5 less talented teams than Alabama. We should have been 10-2 at the very least by that logic.

sigh

Good for Florida. Good for Utah.

If you think Alabama, or any Saban coached team, would have dropped 21 consecutive points against OU in the first quarter of the national championship game, then that is your right to believe that.

I seriously doubt it.

This is entertaining. So, to re-cap:

Saban and Alabama didn't want to lose to Utah. But they also didn't care if they lost. But they certainly wouldn't have dropped 21 consecutive points to OU...

Soooooo, Alabama are good enough to not drop points to a higher ranked, more skilled opponent in OU, but they did to Utah, because they didn't care, even though they didn't want to lose?

This is a fun riddle!

At least SGM consistently just posts the one-liners that are generally devoid of logic and reason. You really ought to give up now... Seriously.

This is entertaining. So, to re-cap:

Saban and Alabama didn't want to lose to Utah. But they also didn't care if they lost. But they certainly wouldn't have dropped 21 consecutive points to OU...

Soooooo, Alabama are good enough to not drop points to a higher ranked, more skilled opponent in OU, but they did to Utah, because they didn't care, even though they didn't want to lose?

This is a fun riddle!

At least SGM consistently just posts the one-liners that are generally devoid of logic and reason. You really ought to give up now... Seriously.

You should check into a reading comprehension class. If you interviewed individual players from Alabama before the game, they would say they didn't want to lose.

However, I really doubt Alabama players were crying in the locker room after losing to Utah. I seriously doubt it even bothered them. Certainly not to the degree that it would have any other game.

...and if you couldn't understand the comparison of the difference between the Sugar Bowl against Utah, and the National Championship vs Oklahoma. I can't help.

You play who's in front of you. If you aren't embarrassed after losing to Utah after you were one game away from the NC, then something is wrong

It's not even worth arguing anymore. Some of you think Alabama went into the game giving it 110%. I don't. I'll agree to disagree.

VN Store

Back