This coaching staff is SEC's best!!

Each and every coach is faithful to Tennessee and is striving to take us to the top. They have all returned for a second year. They are all doing a hell of a job. For anyone to call for replacements during this rebuilding process shows how little they know. The one thing we did not have with Dooley was continuity in the coaching staff. You know the result. Evidently some don't bother to listen to each coach's regular interviews. Don't be criticizing our players and our coaches now!! Wait til the season is over. IT IS DETRIMENTAL TO OUR PROGRESSION! It is also annoying to "real" Volunteer fans.

no way you can say this in all honesty at this moment. jones has a 500 record at UT. this may be proven correct down the road, but please this is the SEC.

Reactions: 3 people
I saw a team that is unranked and had as many as 5 true freshmen on the field at one time on offense, go play a top 5 team in the nation.

This top 5 veteran team had been motivated and coached all week to prove something to the world by humiliating a younger, inexperienced SEC team and they never let off the gas. I think they failed.

The Volunteers had played well enough and hard enough to have the opportunity to still be in the ball game in the 4th quarter. Worley made a decision to try to make a play there in the 4th quarter that ended up taking us out of the game. It happens. He played great. He is one of the main reasons we were still in the game.

The sooners coaching staff made some bad calls too. Is their fan base talking about their coaching staff being weak? Probably not.

Kudos to the players for playing their hearts out and not giving up. Kudos to the coaching staff for having such a young team prepared to play in that kind of environment against such a high quality opponent and they never batted an eye.

The fact that we can sit here and contest a few bad play calls making a difference in this ball game whether we were in it or not should tell you how much this team has progressed.

I'm not really scared of any of the rest of the teams on our schedule now like I was before this ball game.

Reactions: 1 person
1. UTs staff, which is currently 7-8 through it's first 15 games as a member of the SEC, is not the best in the conference. That's a ridiculous statement. Bama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Missouri, SCar, Ole Miss.... all much more proven staffs at a minimum.

2. Agree with the first 5-6 sentences, they're working hard, doing some good things and I agree that continuity with a good staff is important.

3. The rest of your post is drivel and makes no sense. Are you telling me that anyone who criticized Butch and the staff after last year's horrific Vandy loss or anybody who correctly questioned Coach Jake's decision to throw the ball on the goal line, a decision which btw he has openly acknowledged he'd like to have back, vs Oklahoma when we had a couple of downs to score..... are you really saying anyone who does this isn't a real fan? Seriously? Come on Drill, you're better than that.....aren't you?

AGREE

Reactions: 2 people
Two straight yrs. of no offense. Last yr had an NFL line and blamed QBs. This yr they blame young line. What will next yrs excuse be? Oh yeah. new QB.

that line was over ranked to be honest just cause you take a bunch of snaps together don't make you great! their will be no excuses next year line will be better hurd will be a monster and as long as qb don't turn the ball over we will be great!

Each and every coach is faithful to Tennessee and is striving to take us to the top. They have all returned for a second year. They are all doing a hell of a job. For anyone to call for replacements during this rebuilding process shows how little they know. The one thing we did not have with Dooley was continuity in the coaching staff. You know the result. Evidently some don't bother to listen to each coach's regular interviews. Don't be criticizing our players and our coaches now!! Wait til the season is over. IT IS DETRIMENTAL TO OUR PROGRESSION! It is also annoying to "real" Volunteer fans.

1. Each and every coach is faithful to Tennessee and is striving to take us to the top

What are you trying to say here? This is unique to UT?

2. They have all returned for a second year.

That is their job. It happens every year at most schools. Again, this makes UT unique how?

3. They are all doing a hell of a job.

Thank you for your opinion. You are obviously in an unbiased position and regardless of what anyone else might think, your opinion carries the most weight and will impact the outcome of future games.

OK, so there was alot settled here so far, and your thread has been thoroughly convincing. Well done.

:fool:

1. UTs staff, which is currently 7-8 through it's first 15 games as a member of the SEC, is not the best in the conference. That's a ridiculous statement. Bama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Missouri, SCar, Ole Miss.... all much more proven staffs at a minimum.

2. Agree with the first 5-6 sentences, they're working hard, doing some good things and I agree that continuity with a good staff is important.

3. The rest of your post is drivel and makes no sense. Are you telling me that anyone who criticized Butch and the staff after last year's horrific Vandy loss or anybody who correctly questioned Coach Jake's decision to throw the ball on the goal line, a decision which btw he has openly acknowledged he'd like to have back, vs Oklahoma when we had a couple of downs to score..... are you really saying anyone who does this isn't a real fan? Seriously? Come on Drill, you're better than that.....aren't you?

AGREE

first off i agree their on better coaches, but most of them had teams handled to them! or have been their for years! butch was handled bs from dooley who shouldn't be teaching a pee wee team to play football! we have/had little to no depth! butch is turning this thing around!

as far as throwing on goalline worley had a open player in the back of the endzone and threw it into a small window thats on "HIM" not the coach!

Finally, as an Alumnus and a true UT fan of nearly 40 years, I promise you I can praise our team for playing their arses off and giving the #3/4 team in the country a fight, while at the same time saying that Jason Croom should've caught the pass from Worley in the end zone.

I can't add anything to what you have already said.

I just hope we don;'t have our "True Vol Fan" card revoked by the OP.

The sheer horror of that frightens me, it truly does.

So...it's OK for the coaches to openly criticize their players but not the fans?

"We can't turn the ball over in three critical situations," Bajakian said. "

Reactions: 2 people
first off i agree their on better coaches, but most of them had teams handled to them! or have been their for years! butch was handled bs from dooley who shouldn't be teaching a pee wee team to play football! we have/had little to no depth! butch is turning this thing around!

as far as throwing on goalline worley had a open player in the back of the endzone and threw it into a small window thats on "HIM" not the coach!

I see English is your second language.

Reactions: 3 people

Butch had his first two teams that was the basis of him landing the UT job handed to him by Brian Kelly as well.

Coaches play the hands they are dealt.

This became his team the second he signed the contract.

Sure, we can blame Dooley for the recruiting and the but Jones was brought in to clean that up and make a better program.

By all accounts he is doing that but to proclaim him untouchable, immune to criticism, or the best in the conference is just stupid.

He is in the second year of a rebuild, nothing more, nothing less.

I think most play calling complaints are due to so many zone read plays and a defense who never has to worry about the qb being a threat to keep the ball. It just gave the rush defense a step on our running back . The opposite of what it is intended to do.

Finally, as an Alumnus and a true UT fan of nearly 40 years, I promise you I can praise our team for playing their arses off and giving the #3/4 team in the country a fight, while at the same time saying that Jason Croom should've caught the pass from Worley in the end zone.
1.) No research. Compare the bios of all combined with any other SEC team and find me one with a better resume. Save you the trouble. You can't.
2.) Glad you have a little insight.
3.) The drivel part: Evidently some don't bother to listen to each coach's regular interviews. Don't be criticizing our players and our coaches now!! Wait til the season is over. IT IS DETRIMENTAL TO OUR PROGRESSION! It is also annoying to "real" Volunteer fans. Now get your facts, straight. Tennessee won the game until the challenge of the fourth and one with less than a minute to go. Criticizing that is insane! How can anyone criticize only one play out of a 100? You want Jesus calling the plays? I'm saying this stuff belongs after the season not while it's going on. It is total BS!!

I think some of you guys overestimate the power of message boards. I don't think us saying we didn't like something, whether it was a play call or a particular player's effort/decision can be DETRIMENTAL TO OUR PROGRESSION! Do you think our "best coaching staff in the SEC" will read it and be to upset to do their jobs?

So it's ok to criticize them later, but not now? Just curious as to how that makes sense. I'm happy with the coaching staff. I'm just trying to understand where your coming from.

This may be one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this site, no small feat.

Let's see how many boxes it checks in terms of "terrible message board arguments".

1. Irrational praise of Vol players and/or coaches - check
2. Ability of Vol coaches is related to their "loyalty" to the program - check
3. Admonishes people who say negative things - check
4. Says people who criticize don't know football - check
5. Tells people to wait until the offseason to say anything negative, because, by inference, the message board is a powerful influence on game results - check
6. Plays' "real fan" card - check

Why even bother having a message board? Let's just create a fanzine and fawn over everything like it's a Tiger Beat article talking about how cute Justin Bieber is.

Reactions: 11 people
1.) No research. Compare the bios of all combined with any other SEC team and find me one with a better resume. Save you the trouble. You can't.

Is there some kind of process that allows for National Championships to be deducted from Alabama's staff if you combine them together? You know, sort of the same type of math they use to calculate their program's number of titles.

Let's see how many boxes it checks in terms of "terrible message board arguments".

5. Tells people to wait until the offseason to say anything negative, because, by inference, the message board is a powerful influence on game results - check

Why even bother having a message board? Let's just create a fanzine and fawn over everything like it's a Tiger Beat article talking about how cute Justin Bieber is.
SD is just a well disguised troll, infamous on the bb board.
Ignore him and he'll go away.

That Beiber ain't got nothing on JTT.

VN Store

Back