Things I'm mad about today

I'll 1-up that. My AC unit is out.

The stench of sweat emanating from your fat rolls must be toxic. You're gonna need to take the scooter through the car wash to prevent mold in between your folds.

Someone may need to call FEMA.

The stench of sweat emanating from your fat rolls must be toxic. You're gonna need to take the scooter through the car wash to prevent mold in between your folds.

Someone may need to call FEMA.
I thought you were told to tone it down. I'm considering reporting this.

I thought you were told to tone it down. I'm considering reporting this.

First, 95 doesn't count as a person and his feelings are of no consequence. Second, no one likes a snitch.

Just had a great idea for the do without thread. Weezer or fawking herpes.

You're reported. Kill two birds with one stone.

I'm mad about the dual meaning of mad. There should only be one definition. Instead of waffling back and forth between the two definitions depending on which context is more convenient, we English-speaking people should hold it still long enough to nail down what it really means before it has a chance to wiggle free and dart back out into ambiguity. I've had just about enough of these fair weather words. What, it costs too much for each meaning to have its own word so we give some words multiple meanings as a shortcut? Well no matter which definition you want to use for mad, I'm mad about it today. He's crazy but he's not angry or he's angry but not crazy. What the heck, let's just slap him with the word that can mean either one and then just let other people be responsible for however they interpret it. It's these lazy and cheap dictionary committees that allow murderers to get away with it. Your honor, my client isn't guilty because temporary insanity enraged him to kill so he can't be held responsible, I rest my case. Oh, well since you put it that way let's just let him loose into society so that he can get a job on the committee that gets to decide what our words mean. :mad:

Just had a great idea for the do without thread. Weezer or fawking herpes.

You're reported. Kill two birds with one stone.

c7a.jpg

I'm mad about the dual meaning of mad. There should only be one definition. Instead of waffling back and forth between the two definitions depending on which context is more convenient, we English-speaking people should hold it still long enough to nail down what it really means before it has a chance to wiggle free and dart back out into ambiguity. I've had just about enough of these fair weather words. What, it costs too much for each meaning to have its own word so we give some words multiple meanings as a shortcut? Well no matter which definition you want to use for mad, I'm mad about it today. He's crazy but he's not angry or he's angry but not crazy. What the heck, let's just slap him with the word that can mean either one and then just let other people be responsible for however they interpret it. It's these lazy and cheap dictionary committees that allow murderers to get away with it. Your honor, my client isn't guilty because temporary insanity enraged him to kill so he can't be held responsible, I rest my case. Oh, well since you put it that way let's just let him loose into society so that he can get a job on the committee that gets to decide what our words mean. :mad:
🙄

A nice little rant, but you ignore the history of the English language. Doing so seems out of character. Be true to yourself.

Reactions: OneVolNation

VN Store

Back