we might have lost but there were some bright things that came out of it to me
1. we outnumbered their fans in their own stadium. My guess is 90-10. Others say it was more 75-80. I like my numbers better
2. when you lose and there are that many fans of the same, it doesnt hurt as much when you leave their stadium
3. Neyland>>>>>dudley field. I appreciate it so much more. Bad seating logistics, bad video board (only 1 and the view is skewed by the FG net), really bad music.
4. Our POTSB pep band was as big if not bigger than the whole Vandy band
5. Vandy hands out game footballs like participation trophies. The best was that they had some student on the field for a trivia contest. He won and got a $25 gift card from Barnes and Noble. $25 card for $50 worth of public embarrassment
6. This was just one game. If they did it every single year for the next 48 years, it would be 2064, it would be a record for the number of consecutive wins, most of us would be dead,........and the series would only be even
We completely took over their stadium. Yes we lost and it was an epic win for them but there was no gloating by their fans. There werent enough of their fans to gloat. I passed by far, far more orange than black on the way out. It was like walking out of the Orange and White game.
we might have traveled well to a&m but we didnt overtake their stadium like we did yesterday