Things built, torn down and other projects.(Pictures)

@buckfama, thinking about you. Hope you’re doing well and excited for this Volunteers football season.

I'm doing alright. Trying to figure out what I'm gonna do for a new business. I can make it on VA disability, but who likes to just "make it"? Lol

Too old to go back to school, too broke down physically to the things I know how to do... so now I'm back at square 1. I'll figure out something.

I think we have a better team than last year.

I'm doing alright. Trying to figure out what I'm gonna do for a new business. I can make it on VA disability, but who likes to just "make it"? Lol

Too old to go back to school, too broke down physically to the things I know how to do... so now I'm back at square 1. I'll figure out something.

Some businesses make a point of hiring and training vets (AT&T comes to mind). Others source from vet-owned businesses. I wish you good fortune in your search.

I agree. Our 2023 Vols continue to advance the football program. 12-0 til otherwise! GBO.

Best wishes to you! I'm glad you've got a VA check anyway, plus that access to healthcare, however wobbly it might be where you live. You were doing such cool and valuable work with the old barnwood. I hope that you can spin that knowledge into a new business! Or something completely different, of course, lol.

Good to hear back from you.

Reactions: buckfama
The barn reclaiming saved me from a bad place.

Honestly, I would struggle working with other people every day. I'm too straightforward sometimes people don't know how to take it. Plus if I had a bad boss, I would get fired for telling them where to stick it. Lol

I though about building furniture again, but I don't have the space or money to set up a shop right now.

Maybe I can build small stuff like charcuterie boards or small tables. Idk.. just tossing stuff on the wall and see what sticks.

Reactions: joevol33
@buckfama, happy new year. I was surfing the network morning news shows, and CBS had a report on an all women company in Savannah, GA salvaging materials from old homes - deconstruction instead of demolition. Twice, the report focused on the old wood. I thought about you. Hope you’re well. Drop a post, and let us know how you’re doing.

@buckfama, happy new year. I was surfing the network morning news shows, and CBS had a report on an all women company in Savannah, GA salvaging materials from old homes - deconstruction instead of demolition. Twice, the report focused on the old wood. I thought about you. Hope you’re well. Drop a post, and let us know how you’re doing.

I'm basically hunting and fishing all the time now.

I havent figured out a new gig yet, and not in a great hurry to find one.

For now I'm just drawing my VA disability and relaxing for once. I still haven't went to court for the settlement on thr wreck yet. I'll get serious about starting a new business when I settle that.

Happy New Years to you and everyone else too man.

For now I'm just drawing my VA disability and relaxing for once. I still haven't went to court for the settlement on thr wreck yet. I'll get serious about starting a new business when I settle that.

Good to hear from you. I hope you continue to recover!

Reactions: malinoisvol

Wish that I was hunting and fishing. I retired last March and have been cycling and gardening and doing chores. Glad for your post, man.

@buckfama Tin has also doubled his postings on VN since he's retired and everyone else has cut theirs in half because of it. Looks like you got ahead of the rest of us.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Don't be a stranger.

Reactions: MWR

VN Store

Back