Things built, torn down and other projects.(Pictures)

Yes, I’d like to tile the kitchen, but the missus isn’t sold on that. She’s still saying, “this might be nice,” to various types of flooring. Are you advising that we tile beneath the dishwasher no matter what flooring she eventually selects? If it’s vinyl or linoleum, do you anticipate potential problems with either being beneath the dishwasher? What about cork?

calltheman-auntbee.gif

Yes, I’d like to tile the kitchen, but the missus isn’t sold on that. She’s still saying, “this might be nice,” to various types of flooring. Are you advising that we tile beneath the dishwasher no matter what flooring she eventually selects? If it’s vinyl or linoleum, do you anticipate potential problems with either being beneath the dishwasher? What about cork?
My mother absolutely refused to tile the kitchen. We went Brazil hardwood. We tilled under the dishwasher and i installed a floor drain there as well. Guess what I didn’t have to replace when the dishwasher leaked.

And
Unless you live in a trailer in Soddy you’re not installing linoleum. Lvt has become acceptable to some ….not me….but some. Tile or hardwood floors…..that’s it.

Reactions: Tin Man
And
Unless you live in a trailer in Soddy you’re not installing linoleum. Lvt has become acceptable to some ….not me….but some. Tile or hardwood floors…..that’s it.
Thanks. I’ll try to steer her away from lvt. Linoleum has some kind of throwback appeal to some (?), but I’m not for it. Luckily, she’s not set on it (at the moment).

My mother absolutely refused to tile the kitchen. We went Brazil hardwood. We tilled under the dishwasher and i installed a floor drain there as well. Guess what I didn’t have to replace when the dishwasher leaked.
I didn’t know that could be done (effectively.) Do you have to use tiles with a raised edge along the perimeter of the tiled portion to capture the water, or is the floor drain good enough?

I prefer hardwood for the exposed portion of kitchen floors, as tile is pretty brutal on the joints and dropped dishes. But wood+water = a bit of eek, for sure.

I didn’t know that could be done (effectively.) Do you have to use tiles with a raised edge along the perimeter of the tiled portion to capture the water, or is the floor drain good enough?

I prefer hardwood for the exposed portion of kitchen floors, as tile is pretty brutal on the joints and dropped dishes. But wood+water = a bit of eek, for sure.
I set a kerdi shower pan under it. Sloped to the rear but flat enough to not cause setting problems

Nice! And this can't be set on hardwood due to risk of condensation under the shower tray? - or sumpin
It’s a little bit of work to get the floor level but the ultimate goal is to have the tile under the dishwasher level with the hardwood floor that’s in the open

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back