They are Ready....

For the first time since tennessee had black crosses on their helmets for the train accident that tragically killed bill majors and bob jones and charlie rash tennessee will wear a different helmet. hopefully these smokey mountain helmets will fire the players coaches and fanbase up! it's sad that we need a helmet to do this but hey if we win that's all that matters.

12079429_1061299323893745_3891579986077639381_n.jpg

You missed the checkerboard stripe the first 5 games ?

The Grey uniforms look great. I support the team regardless. So sick of all of the negativity from the so-called fans. I'll be there tomorrow in my grey sweatshirt.

But is your sweatshirt Smokey Gray?

Enjoy the game smokee. :hi:

Its about recruiting too. Having the cool alternate unis and accessories (gloves, visor, compression sleeves etc) is exactly what the kids in high school want right now. THe smokees definitely won't be one and done.

I think it was an old quote by Deion Sanders, something to the effect " look good feel good, feel good play good,play good they pay good." Rational human beings know it really shouldn't make much of a difference, but having survived two teenage daughters with two more to come, rationale gets thrown out of the window sometime when you're dealing with young people. If my daughter thinks " these shoes make me run fast", then they probably do. If the players think they look good in those unis, and that translates into them being fired up and they play better as a result, then they probably will. VFL since '86. Get em boys !!!

These helmets freaking suck and are a sad departure from confident tradition. This feels like a fading company trying any discount to get a deal.

I hope Jalen puts the rest of the country on notice today and runs buck wild. love see a performance that would make Fournette go...Daaaaammm!

Reactions: 1 person
I like the uniforms but gimmicks don't seem to work in our favor lately. Then again, not having a gimmick doesn't seem to work out either.
Oh well.
Never mind.

Reactions: 2 people
At first I wasn't crazy about the new uniforms but they have grown on me. I now love the Smokey Gray uniforms!!! I thought we would wear them for UGA so it doesn't surprise me that there wearing them this weekend.

We need to win with these new Smokey Gray's...start a new winning tradition!!!

Go Vols!!!

Great change for ut. I love it, and the recruits will love it also. It might be what this team needs to make the turn, and the old Adidas Grays were terrible with the white helmets.

Reactions: 1 person
The game ,for me, starts on the dvr @ 6 central , when I get home from work. I hope and believe that while it's my half time, all my fellow VOL fans will be celebrating our biggest win in years....GO BIG ORANGE!!! :shhh:

Last edited:
Then who does the Power T represent?

Too old fashioned? Getting some fresh new looks in the uniform department is pretty nice. Not to replace the great traditional ones but to add to it. I know as a former athlete everyone on our teams loved it when we got something new.

Reactions: 2 people
Too old fashioned? Getting some fresh new looks in the uniform department is pretty nice. Not to replace the great traditional ones but to add to it. I know as a former athlete everyone on our teams loved it when we got something new.

Hope they beat Georgia so bad that everyone on this forum asks for these uniforms every game!

VN Store

Back