They are Ready....

Anyone know where you can buy one when they go on sale? I know I have seen other combat helmets of other teams for sale.

I kind of dig it.

More importantly, I hope the guys that matters likes them, the ones on the field tomorrow.

Buncha' friggin' killjoys in here. The worst part of UT football is the vocal negativity of obnoxious fans.

Why, because I think the helmets suck? Call me old, negative or whatever, but grey helmets have never and should ever be a part of our uniform. It's bad enough (to me) that we have the damn grey uniforms already. Hell come Saturday when they run through the T it won't be the Vols. At least not to me. Actually it's quite sad to me.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sorry, but UT is known for their white helmet with the Power T. It is iconic like the Michigan helmet, golden domes for ND, Penn State navy and white, and the Crimson and White at BAMA. To me, you don't mess with tradition nor perfection.

This all day!

Reactions: 3 people
Well...maybe at this point, staring a possible 2-5 in the face going to KY..maybe even 2-6 afterward, gimmicks might be all we got. Maybe we wear black jerseys and orange pants against KY and look like candy corn again jumping around on the football field. If we could pull one off against GA though, then who am I to judge?

Seriously guys this thread is about helmets. This doesn't need to be a coaching-related pissfest.

The helmets are awesome by the way.

The thread seems to be about just another gimmick. Let's stop being concerned about helmets, uniforms, and checkerboards. Put on some dirty cleats. Forget the names on the uniforms. And let's freaking win some big games.

Reactions: 1 person
I am as much of a traditionalist as several on here, but I have thought those helmets looked great when they were first introduced early on. I wouldn't want to see them worn every game, but they are a nice alt helmet that goes well with the smokey grey uniforms.

And for all of you proclaiming that "this is for the kids", WRONG! It's the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, you know the school these kids represent. Not the other way around. They attend and play for the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE!

Reactions: 2 people
I fail to see the connection, oh wise one. Are you saying that we weren't a traditional power in the 60s, when Dickey came up with the crazy idea of putting that big "gaudy" T on the helmet. Or are you saying we were a traditional power, but we've had the same uni design since 1910?

I'm confused by your confidence.

I guess we also weren't a traditional power when they went from the manly looking leather helmets to the white plastic helmets. I bet there were some ticked off fans back then too!

I like them. Stuff like that fires young players up. Uniforms are a big deal for the kids these days so whatever gets them going and helps recruiting.

That's my point... every thread is a coaching-related pissfest lately. It's becoming impossible to avoid. This is why Volnation is so heavily ridiculed among other forums.

I've been on this site for 10 years, reading almost everyday. I have been avoiding the forums more this year than ever for this exact reason.

I'm sorry, but UT is known for their white helmet with the Power T. It is iconic like the Michigan helmet, golden domes for ND, Penn State navy and white, and the Crimson and White at BAMA. To me, you don't mess with tradition nor perfectionist.

You get those kids off your lawn yet?

Oregon has about 10 different combinations on uniforms and look cool in all of them...Nike is paying UT a lot of money to model the new style.

That's my point... every thread is a coaching-related pissfest lately. It's becoming impossible to avoid. This is why Volnation is so heavily ridiculed among other forums.
----
It's the team and the coach who are heavily ridiculed.

It's amazing that so many here talk about how wins don't matter...and how we should be understanding in YEAR 3 of this Butch Jones disaster..but were so quick to wanna get rid of Fulmer for what? NOT WINNING GAMES...when Fulmer was more Tennessee than any coach before or since...yet it was NOT winning that drew the ire of these so called "loyal fans" who now sing a different tune when it comes to yet another coach who finds every which way to extricate a loss from a sure win on every Saturday that doesn't have some low level patsy on the schedule.

Those non descript, ugly helmets are killing my joy. You can't even tell they're Mtns

There are supposed to be mountains on there??? Look pretty sweet, probably just because they are new and I'm looking for something to get us out of this funk, but I just don't see any mountains.

The Grey uniforms look great. I support the team regardless. So sick of all of the negativity from the so-called fans. I'll be there tomorrow in my grey sweatshirt.

The Grey uniforms look great. I support the team regardless. So sick of all of the negativity from the so-called fans. I'll be there tomorrow in my grey sweatshirt.

So if some simply think the grey uniforms are ugly, they are being negative?

VN Store

Back