They are Ready....

As a proud knoxville native I love these helmets and it nice to not have a alternate just to have a alternate . The helmets set this uniform apart from anything I have ever seen

Reactions: 3 people
to be fair, 3rd down for what...we're 4th in the SEC and ranked 21st in the nation in 3rd down stop percentage. It's not not working.

Here lately teams haven't needed 3rd down. TN didn't stop Arkansas on 1st or 2nd and UF converted on 4th down all day.

Back on topic, I like the gray.

I started attending games back in the 60s so I suppose I should hate anything other than traditional orange and white. On the contrary, I really like the alternate uniforms. Times change. Kids today really get into the uniforms, alternate looks, different colors, etc. Having said that, the different/cool uniforms, the emotion and/or feelings it may inspire in the players won't win the game. After the first whistle that all goes out the window. It's the players, coaches and how well they perform. They may not win tomorrow, but they'll be the sharpest looking team on the field IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
gosh I hate reading all of this negativity, I get tradition and ****, bu shall I reference you to the first jerseys Tennessee Vols football had? if you wanna talk about tradition this is as close as it gets, I love Orange and White but every now and then its nice to see something different, something fresh, I think they look great and I look forward to seeing them saturday, and you guys are really so superstitious to think that the color of the jerseys are going to affect the outcome of saturdays game? cmon now, you guys really have lost your damn minds
I don't think color of jerseys has anything to do with win/loss. We just gonna look stupid losing in grey (gimmick/out for show) uniforms and new non traditional helmets.

Reactions: 1 person
The unis are total crap. I guess today's generation is more about appearances than substance or record.

If you can't beat them, then at least dress like a CLOWN.

Reactions: 4 people
The unis are total crap. I guess today's generation is more about appearances than substance or record.

If you can't beat them, then at least dress like a CLOWN.

The players seem to really like them. Seeing as how they have been busting their @sses since winter to represent the Vols, then maybe us fans should realize that they have earned the right to wear them without us having a coronary because they didn't wear them when Johnny Majors coached.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm not a fan of the gray uniforms either, and I never have been. I feel as if they simply make UT look like every other team that wanted to add a gray uniform. Furthermore, gray and the Orange really don't compliment each other.

I do find it mildly entertaining that when someone voices their dislike for the uniform they're trashed with language reminiscent of a "spoiled child." It's too bad there isn't a way to give someone a "timeout" on Volnation, or a pacifier.

I'm not a fan of the gray uniforms either, and I never have been. I feel as if they simply make UT look like every other team that wanted to add a gray uniform. Furthermore, gray and the Orange really don't compliment each other.

I do find it mildly entertaining that when someone voices their dislike for the uniform they're trashed with language reminiscent of a "spoiled child." It's too bad there isn't a way to give someone a "timeout" on Volnation, or a pacifier.

Grey goes with everything, like white. I prefer the white uniforms, but the grey ones with the white/orange helmets looked bad. These should look sharp on the field.

I love the helmets. Hopefully all the high profile recruits visiting will dig them too. A win would be nice as well.

For the first time since tennessee had black crosses on their helmets for the train accident that tragically killed bill majors and bob jones and charlie rash tennessee will wear a different helmet. hopefully these smokey mountain helmets will fire the players coaches and fanbase up! it's sad that we need a helmet to do this but hey if we win that's all that matters.

12079429_1061299323893745_3891579986077639381_n.jpg
If this picture is accurate, these are ugly, ugly, helmets!!!

I love the helmets. Hopefully all the high profile recruits visiting will dig them too. A win would be nice as well.

After tomorrow, are you going to update your avatar? ;)

Are the helmets cool looking? Yes, but the white helmet with power T is an icon in college football and needs no help. I love seeing Neyland covered in orange... the team, the coaches, and the fans. After all we are THE BIG ORANGE. Nothing cooler than a packed out Neyland with all the fans in orange... not white, black, blue, pink, or grey.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like some folks need to put their safety helmet back on before they get any more brain damage from hitting their head against the wall.
New Smokies look nice.

The players and fans are in desperate need of a spark. Maybe, just maybe, a new look will be a remedy. I like the new look myself.

VN Store

Back