The worst program choke ever

Loss or not, this is the best state UT sports has been in in twenty five years. If you aren’t hopeful about our baseball and basketball teams, I don’t know what to say. Our football team overachieved too. This defense is missing serious depth and talent. We’re a ways off, but I don’t long for Donnie Tyndall and Jeremy Pruitt.
I agree. All I’m trying to say is every time we seem to be on the brinks of doing something special, whether it be football, baseball, or basketball, we seem lay an egg. Just the way it is

Reactions: Tenacjim and mpfvol
This is not worse than the 2001 LSU game. Lol

I think it is. LSU was a very good team at 9-3 that year. Considering we had to just beat a 6-4 and 5-6 team to end the regular season in the Top 5 and likely playoff spot, tonight was very bad. The silver lining for me is that this all occurred in Heupel’s 2nd year after taking over a 3-7 team with 30+ transfers…. It sucks and prolly is a historic choke job for Tennessee’s first playoff bid, but I don’t feel that bad about it. It’s a weird feeling.

Reactions: theFallGuy
This will set the program back. This loss effects more than just this year. Historically bad.
Stop!...This has been an amazing season and not one of you predicted we would be as good as we have been...CJH has hardly any players that are HIS yet...But they are coming and it will get better...Be happy We were in the race at all....He proved he can win with players that aren't his, I am positive he can win with his own...I for one am enjoying the ride.

Ga state? You had one job. Win and you’re in. Lack of in-game coaching and adjustments just led to one of the worst losses of this millennium and couldn’t have come at worse timing. Literally made a **** team look like a playoff team. A whole seasons worth of momentum disrupted. I’m in shock.

I could handle a loss. I wouldn’t like it, but I could live with it. But a literal beat down? But an embarrassment? Nope. Nope. This was a crap show we won‘t recover from.

Reactions: FLSTF-VOL
Def worse than 96 Memphis and 01 lsu.
pathetic and not even competitive. At least in 96 and 01 games it was actually a game.

Reactions: amstelman
D was due to be exposed. They've been propped and aided by Neyland and convenient rain.

This exposed them utterly. If Banks and Martinez aren't sent home this staff will go 7-5 at best next year.
You shouldn’t be exposed like this by a team who’s scored 10 pts and 6 pts in 2 of the last 3 weeks and was missing their #1 and #2 RB’s tonight.

Reactions: posivol and mpfvol
I think it is. LSU was a very good team at 9-3 that year. Considering we had to just beat a 6-4 and 5-6 team to end the regular season in the Top 5 and likely playoff spot, tonight was very bad. The silver lining for me is that this all occurred in Heupel’s 2nd year after taking over a 3-7 team with 30+ transfers…. It sucks and prolly is a historic choke job for Tennessee’s first playoff bid, but I don’t feel that bad about it. It’s a weird feeling.
I get it.

I just hate to see it end for Hooker this way. No Heisman. Doubt he even gets an invite after tonight. His career at Tennessee ends with a blowout loss to the Cocks…

The VOL defense lost any shot at the Heisman Hendon May have had.

Not our worst loss. Just our most recent and maybe most painful because we were all believing the hype

Some of you all need to stay off the Internet and go to bed. This wasn’t a choke job, our pass defense sucks. If you didn’t already know that, I don’t know what to tell you. **** happens, Rattler played out of his mind and we played even worse than normal. Like a couple have said, this team overachieved if anything and our schedule made us look a little better than we were.
I’ll take 10-2 in year 2, after all the transfers and a first time power 5 coach all day long.
Enjoy what you have.

Who calls an option down 18 inside your own 20? Why was he juking back and forth without a defender in sight? Why is Hadden so bad at football but continues to run his mouth like he’s Andre Reed? When will anyone ever teach these guys how to play zone coverage? When your zone is getting destroyed, why do you stay in it?

I have so many questions…

I remember when Peyton lost to Memphis. When we lost to Spurrier's Duke team. When we lost to Army. What's a Rutgers. Losing to Archie Manning when we were 3 TD favorites. When we lost the SECCG to LSU and a lame backup QB. When we lost to Ky team who had a WR play QB. Lots was at stake, but otherwise, it's just a bad loss.

And I don't like the orange helmets.

VN Store

Back