The worst program choke ever

Knocked us out of a Bowl Alliance Bowl vs. the Playoff (yes I know we weren’t guaranteed a spot. Now we are guaranteed NOT to be in)and SS made a joke? And lifeisdeep has the single digit football IQ?

Yes....I agree with everything you said

When I make myself look at the bigger Picture.....I should think of family, friends teammates I've lost over the years and how close I've come to packing it in and I suddenly feel stupid for getting so worked up over a f****** game.

Upon my death if "losing against USC in 2022 as a fan" is at the top of my list of worst things to have ever happened to me, I would have lived the most wonderful life.

Nice post.

Reactions: Mccage
NO, it's not the worst ever! Think back to Ole Miss 1969. We're ranked two or three in the country and Ole Miss beats us 35 to zip! Ask "ARCHIE WHO" EVERY BIT AS SHOCKING AND WITH IDENTICAL NATIONAL RAMIFICATIONS! It takes about fifty years to get over one of these! So, get started!

There’s a difference between losing a big game to a good team with everything on the line and getting absolutely embarrassed, humiliated, destroyed on a historic level by a bad team with everything on the line. You aren’t as smart as you think you are.

Dude,

This is what 9 other teams felt during the games this year with only a couple of them with the depth and character to keep ballin out.

This will happen even if we have a top 20 defense. There will be just days like this. For all you supposed Vol fans read the Maxims and move on.

We got a game we can win this week!

Go Vols!!
screw what everyone else says or thinks. This team doesn’t play for them.

NO, it's not the worst ever! Think back to Ole Miss 1969. We're ranked two or three in the country and Ole Miss beats us 35 to zip! Ask "ARCHIE WHO" EVERY BIT AS SHOCKING AND WITH IDENTICAL NATIONAL RAMIFICATIONS! It takes about fifty years to get over one of these! So, get started!
We were #3 and it was 38-0, don’t sell the “Mississippi Mules” short!

See if you can follow here.

Losing to Memphis knocked Tennessee out of a Bowl Alliance Bowl and had us in the Citrus Bowl yet again.

It was the catalyst for the Steve Spurrier dig "you can't spell Citrus without UT"

If you can't see that losing to a mid major out of conference school (who ended the season with a losing record...4-7)when you were ranked number 6 as significantly worse than losing to a conference team who will play in a decent bowl game....then my earlier comment stands.....single digit football IQ
I think you have a single digit IQ period, football and otherwise. Trying to argue that missing out on a non-championship bowl is worse than missing out on the playoff is really the epitome of nonsense. Do you understand the difference between an opportunity to play for a national championship and a game that's not that opportunity?

I think you have a single digit IQ period, football and otherwise. Trying to argue that missing out on a non-championship bowl is worse than missing out on the playoff is really the epitome of nonsense. Do you understand the difference between an opportunity to play for a national championship and a game that's not that opportunity?

The great thing about this is you are arguing about my over all IQ based on your wildly off base "argument" about a game which you clearly don't understand.

We WERE NOT in the playoffs and unless several other teams lost...and lost badly...we weren't getting in.

Our "championship hopes" were dashed in Athens Georgia a couple Saturdays ago.

This team was NEVER going to win a National Championship....thinking it had a realistic chance to do so further solidifies your place on the wall of "Tennessee fans who have fundamental misunderstandings about the game of Football Hall of Fame"

Point blank.....if you think anything about this season is the "worst in Tennessee history" you are dumber than a single cell organism which is barley responsive to heat and light.

This is a 7 - 5 team that is going to go 9 - 2. Trying to say anything else shows your ignorance.

This team GROSSLY over achieved by every measurable metric....saying anything else makes you look worse than this entire thread makes our fan base look

The great thing about this is you are arguing about my over all IQ based on your wildly off base "argument" about a game which you clearly don't understand.

We WERE NOT in the playoffs and unless several other teams lost...and lost badly...we weren't getting in.

Our "championship hopes" were dashed in Athens Georgia a couple Saturdays ago.

This team was NEVER going to win a National Championship....thinking it had a realistic chance to do so further solidifies your place on the wall of "Tennessee fans who have fundamental misunderstandings about the game of Football Hall of Fame"

Point blank.....if you think anything about this season is the "worst in Tennessee history" you are dumber than a single cell organism which is barley responsive to heat and light.

This is a 7 - 5 team that is going to go 9 - 2. Trying to say anything else shows your ignorance.

This team GROSSLY over achieved by every measurable metric....saying anything else makes you look worse than this entire thread makes our fan base look
I’ll go out on a limb and venture you didn’t attend UT on a full ride. Spewing nonsense such as we weren’t going to the playoff doesn’t make it magically morph into truth. Lots of people who make their living writing and speaking intelligently about this sport had us making it prior to this game. But by all means keep blathering your mindless tripe and maybe someday it will mean something.

I’ll go out on a limb and venture you didn’t attend UT on a full ride. Spewing nonsense such as we weren’t going to the playoff doesn’t make it magically morph into truth. Lots of people who make their living writing and speaking intelligently about this sport had us making it prior to this game. But by all means keep blathering your mindless tripe and maybe someday it will mean something.

I attended UT.

I graduated with 3 degrees from UT

I received scholarship money while I was there.

From 1996 to 2000 there were only 4 games where I wasn't on the field.

What about you?

I attended UT.

I graduated with 3 degrees from UT

I received scholarship money while I was there.

From 1996 to 2000 there were only 4 games where I wasn't on the field.

What about you?
I do regret that none of my degrees are from UT. I do have a Ph.D. and one of my degrees is from an Ivy League university. I had a fellowship there that paid tuition plus a stipend.

I was so pissed. Hated Archie as a result. Even tho Peyton was great and I'm older, to this day I still have a visceral reaction when I see him or hear his name. Close second would be Sullivan and Beasley. They also crushed me...10-9. We blocked that kick fair and square. Refs screwed us with that bogus offsides. My seat was straight down the LOS so I know for a fact if was BS. They just had to protect Sullivan's Heisman run. Screw that ref...may he RIP.

VN Store

Back