The Walking Dead

Maybe it's just me but if I ran TWD I wouldn't want word getting out about actors leaving the show. Kinda kills any interest in the story when you know way ahead of time what will happen with a character.
Really not a lot they can do in this day and age with social media and so many websites etc. dedicated to nothing but reporting on TV & Movie news.

Maybe it's just me but if I ran TWD I wouldn't want word getting out about actors leaving the show. Kinda kills any interest in the story when you know way ahead of time what will happen with a character.

I don’t understand why that gets put either.

So, my DirecTV DVR had a message that I just erased that said "The LAST season of The Walking Dead starts October 7th".

So, my DirecTV DVR had a message that I just erased that said "The LAST season of The Walking Dead starts October 7th".
They have been advertising it as Rick Grimes Last Season but not the last season of the series.

Despite the drop in ratings over the past couple of seasons it was still the most watched show on Sunday nights other than the NFL. It won’t be canceled anytime soon.

They have been advertising it as Rick Grimes Last Season but not the last season of the series.

Despite the drop in ratings over the past couple of seasons it was still the most watched show on Sunday nights other than the NFL. It won’t be canceled anytime soon.
yeah I think that is a goof by DirecTV as I've seen nothing to lead me to believe its the last season of the show period. I actually think this could give the show a bit of boost with the jump ahead in the timeline with a soft reboot to the series.

Sad News:

"Television and Film actor Scott Wilson who was best known for his portrayal as gentleman farmer Hershel Greene in Season 2-4 of the AMC series The Walking Dead has passed away at the age of 76.

He was most recently in the western Hostile with Christian Bale he also reprized the role of Hershel with his voice in a 2017 special episode of The Robot Chicken Walking Dead Special: Look Who's Walking.

It had been released earlier today that Wilson would reprise his role in the upcoming season 9 of The Walking Dead it is unclear if he had already filmed those scenes."

Last edited:
This episode had a very different feel to it.

Doesn’t feel like the same show anymore.

Although I’m giving this season a chance.

This episode had a very different feel to it.

Doesn’t feel like the same show anymore.

Although I’m giving this season a chance.
Scott Gimple was replaced as show-runner. New production and new writing.

It's improved but there's still dumb stuff. Rick and friends trying to get the wagon runs into a large group walkers. They can't keep moving the wagon and react like it's too many walkers so they run. Someone gets hurt so half the people tend to the hurt guy and 3-4 go kill the mass of walkers.

They'd couldn't have done that from the start? The 10 of them couldn't fight off walkers, but 3-4 could could kill them all pretty quickly?

Scott Gimple was replaced as show-runner. New production and new writing.

It's improved but there's still dumb stuff. Rick and friends trying to get the wagon runs into a large group walkers. They can't keep moving the wagon and react like it's too many walkers so they run. Someone gets hurt so half the people tend to the hurt guy and 3-4 go kill the mass of walkers.

They'd couldn't have done that from the start? The 10 of them couldn't fight off walkers, but 3-4 could could kill them all pretty quickly?

It was better for sure, but they still have the people that by now should be super experienced walker fights acting stupid for the sake of the plot. The part where they go across the glass had some moments too.

Its amazing how people are still so critical about dumb stuff in a show about zombies.

A fairly well known actor was introduced in this premiere episode. Zach McGowan, who played one of the lead actors on Black Sails on Starz along with Toby Stevens. He also recently appeared in Marvels Agents of Shield as a villain. The "bad guy" persona seems to be his forte so just an FYI and yes, he sells it.

So depending on how they choose to have Rick Grimes exit the show he could potentially return as either himself or as his "twin" brother Jeffrey Grimes. This info comes from someone who worked on set. Of course this all depends on how long Andrew will be gone and if the show is still doing well after he leaves.

A fairly well known actor was introduced in this premiere episode. Zach McGowan, who played one of the lead actors on Black Sails on Starz along with Toby Stevens. He also recently appeared in Marvels Agents of Shield as a villain. The "bad guy" persona seems to be his forte so just an FYI and yes, he sells it.

So depending on how they choose to have Rick Grimes exit the show he could potentially return as either himself or as his "twin" brother Jeffrey Grimes. This info comes from someone who worked on set. Of course this all depends on how long Andrew will be gone and if the show is still doing well after he leaves.

ROFL...if they do the second part that would be so Gimple.

decent set up episode. i liked the new intro. i liked that they got back to more of hte character interaction instead of drawing out drama. i liked that Greggory got his and that wasn't drug out in to the season.

i'm starting to hate michone. i think Rick's motivations, well intended as they are, are misplaced.

loved the commecrial with Eugene and Abraham, and the talking mustache.

interested to see how this whole bad azz maggie deal shakes out. oh, and Ezekiel is dead. mark it down. you can't propose to someone in this show and make it out alive.

yeah, he was in Shameless too for a couple of seasons........hilarious character...
as for the spoiler...uh...hard pass.

He’ll always be Jody.

My friend attends the walker stalker and she is going to get a photo with Jeffrey Dean. I didn't know that you apparently have to pay $150 to take a photo with an actor.
It was $100 in Jersey. The boy was $60. The trip was my daughter's Christmas present.

Reactions: Coug

VN Store

Back