The Walking Dead

My friend attends the walker stalker and she is going to get a photo with Jeffrey Dean. I didn't know that you apparently have to pay $150 to take a photo with an actor.

I try not judge what someone wants to spend their money on if it makes them happy but I can’t imagine paying for an autograph or a picture with someone.

I try not judge what someone wants to spend their money on if it makes them happy but I can’t imagine paying for an autograph or a picture with someone.
I'm generally the same way. At this point my kids really don't need anymore stuff so we do trips and experiences as gifts.

Yeah, I think a lot of that is more geared towards the females as well. You've got Daryl, Rick, Negan, Jesus, and at one point Glen and Abraham. Between all those it's like a boy band to the women.

decent set up episode. i liked the new intro. i liked that they got back to more of hte character interaction instead of drawing out drama. i liked that Greggory got his and that wasn't drug out in to the season.

i'm starting to hate michone. i think Rick's motivations, well intended as they are, are misplaced.

loved the commecrial with Eugene and Abraham, and the talking mustache.

interested to see how this whole bad azz maggie deal shakes out. oh, and Ezekiel is dead. mark it down. you can't propose to someone in this show and make it out alive.

Michone’s character was watered down ever since she got with Rick.

Their relationship seems so forced and cringey.

I feel a bit bad for Lauren Cohen. This whole season is being hyped as Andrew Lincoln/Rick Grimes' last episodes and the fact that she is leaving too is pretty much being ignored. Plus how the season is being set up, it's going to be a pretty big deal.

Overall I felt the episode was ... ok... didn’t really get me excited to see what happens but it also gave a little of each character which was a nice change.

I found the whole glass floor thing to be the silliest moment in the episode. Also the kid just standing there while the walker attacked him. I know they made a point to say he wasn’t a fighter but good grief. He didn’t even try to get away.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Overall I felt the episode was ... ok... didn’t really get me excited to see what happens but it also gave a little of each character which was a nice change.

I found the whole glass floor thing to be the silliest moment in the episode. Also the kid just standing there while the walker attacked him. I know they made a point to say he wasn’t a fighter but good grief. He didn’t even try to get away.

Come on burnt, it's a zombie show. Pointing out dumb things is stupid because being a zombie show automatically makes it all ok. /s

I agree it was dumb, plus why did everyone just stand there and watch then run to him after he was bitten? You're telling me these people that have survived this long in this world couldn't easily handle that crowd of walkers?

I also thought it was a bit silly the parents blamed Maggie for their son's death, but it was in the comic (mostly) and I can get their grief was being exploited by Gregory. It still came across as a tad forced.

I think that the show has run its course. I was bored with the latest episode, and I have been watching since season 1. I gave up on Fear after a season and a half.

Season 9's premiere got a 6.08 rating. That's the lowest season premiere since Season 1 (5.95) and the lowest rated episode since S2 Ep 6.

It's also down almost 50% from the Season 8 premiere (11.44).

I know this opener was a major set up and I'm hoping that the rest of the season really picks up. I just wasn't impressed with the opener but I am not writing the show off yet. I have stuck it out this far. Might as well see where it goes.

I know this opener was a major set up and I'm hoping that the rest of the season really picks up. I just wasn't impressed with the opener but I am not writing the show off yet. I have stuck it out this far. Might as well see where it goes.
I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. They're definitely gearing the show up for the future. A lot more of an emphasis on Daryll I noticed. I like how they nutted up and killed Gregory off... about damn time!

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. They're definitely gearing the show up for the future. A lot more of an emphasis on Daryll I noticed. I like how they nutted up and killed Gregory off... about damn time!
I was very glad they killed him off. I did not care for that character.

As far as Daryl goes I'm not sure he is a character that can pull off being the lead.

Reactions: VolFaninFla

It is good to see Daryl getting some lines in the show. The incessant nodding and grunting was way too much.
Speaking of Gregory getting payback, my favorite "can't wait for them to die" characters have been in no particular order:
  • Gregory-back stabbing coward
  • Dale-his constant pontificating drove me crazy. And how did he allow scores of walkers to creep up on him from his view point on top of a van?
  • Lori-worst mother ever. Lets Carl run out and play on his own in a world full of walkers
  • Andrea-opportunistic and selfish
  • The Governor-Evil and manipulative.
I'm sure I have others that don't come to mind right now. Has anyone else had a hit list?

It is good to see Daryl getting some lines in the show. The incessant nodding and grunting was way too much.
Speaking of Gregory getting payback, my favorite "can't wait for them to die" characters have been in no particular order:
  • Gregory-back stabbing coward
  • Dale-his constant pontificating drove me crazy. And how did he allow scores of walkers to creep up on him from his view point on top of a van?
  • Lori-worst mother ever. Lets Carl run out and play on his own in a world full of walkers
  • Andrea-opportunistic and selfish
  • The Governor-Evil and manipulative.
I'm sure I have others that don't come to mind right now. Has anyone else had a hit list?
Older Carl for me. Not the character, but the actor was terrible. Couldn’t stand how he’d say a lot of words.

Since we're pointing out stupid ish in this show I love how you can VERY easily sink a knife into a 4 year old walkers skull or just knock their head completely off their shoulders but that same walker can still somehow manage to sink their rotten, decaying teeth through layers of clothing and draw blood ultimately killing you. At the same time I love how Maggie sunk that knife into the guys head who had literally just died with absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

Since we're pointing out stupid ish in this show I love how you can VERY easily sink a knife into a 4 year old walkers skull or just knock their head completely off their shoulders but that same walker can still somehow manage to sink their rotten, decaying teeth through layers of clothing and draw blood ultimately killing you. At the same time I love how Maggie sunk that knife into the guys head who had literally just died with absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

It’s always bugged me how easily they punctured skulls with one swift swing.

They used to at least go in through the temple or back of the head on the freshly deceased.

Yeah, but I give the show a pass on that because that's kind of a zombie trope overall.

What does make me chuckle is how they are still over dramatic about stabbing a walker in the head; at this point it should be as routine as anything.

Yeah, but I give the show a pass on that because that's kind of a zombie trope overall.

What does make me chuckle is how they are still over dramatic about stabbing a walker in the head; at this point it should be as routine as anything.

Wasn’t it season 3 or 4 they started showing them casually taking them out like a well oiled machine.

Wasn’t it season 3 or 4 they started showing them casually taking them out like a well oiled machine.

Yeah, I was about to mention that at some point they did show them becoming pretty nonchalant about taking out walkers, but for some reason went back to the dramatic "stab". I'd have to go back and look but I definitely remember them getting to that point.

I have to say last night was another ehhh episode for me. The plot is moving very slowly for me.

I'm a bit torn, because I do think the writing and acting is better, but I agree it was a pretty slow episode.

And I had to laugh at Rick shooting the rope holding the logs. It was at the same time a cool scene yet still reminded me of something you'd see in Z Nation.

VN Store

Back