The value of our strong OOC schedules

How many did we lose?...hint: the answer to both questions is ZERO. :shhh:

Ok, so, if you were a recruit and were good and had your choice of going to several schools you would obviously pick the school that just had their arse handed to them?

Ok, so, if you were a recruit and were good and had your choice of going to several schools you would obviously pick the school that just had their arse handed to them?

When the alternative is a school that paid a big chunk of money to not "have their arse handed to them?"........... Yes. :yess:

There's no asterisk that says "weak opponent" next to the W in the record books.

Just ask Ohio State.

There's no asterisk that says "weak opponent" next to the W in the record books.

Just ask Ohio State.

The general consensus on tOSU is a buncha wussbuckets who duck real competition and get smoked by real competition they CAN'T DUCK...I, for one, want better for our Vols.

The general consensus on tOSU is a buncha wussbuckets who duck real competition and get smoked by real competition they CAN'T DUCK...I, for one, want better for our Vols.

I do, too... but our SEC schedule is already one of the toughest in the country. Scheduling OOC opponents like Oregon and Oklahoma when other SEC schools don't has penalized us. Ultimately, it has kept us out of a bowl game for the past two years and resulted in the worst pile-up of losing seasons since the early 1900s.

I realize that the schedules are set years in advance, but there's lots of middle ground between Oregon and UMass.

I do, too... but our SEC schedule is already one of the toughest in the country. Scheduling OOC opponents like Oregon and Oklahoma when other SEC schools don't has penalized us. Ultimately, it has kept us out of a bowl game for the past two years and resulted in the worst pile-up of losing seasons since the early 1900s.

I realize that the schedules are set years in advance, but there's lots of middle ground between Oregon and UMass.

My main contention is honor our commitments...we get to respect ourselves and others will follow.

34 - 10. We didn't even beat the spread.

Another embarrassment on National Television that jeopardizes our ability to become bowl eligible.

What exactly is the upside here? What did Tennessee get out of this? How do the positives come even remotely close to matching the numerous negatives of this game?

There is absolutely no reason we need to be opting into one of the 10 hardest schedules every single year.

VN Store

Back