The two questions I had in pre season remain unanswered

BeattieFeathers

Devrin young has been talked about to death. The kid is a senior and still hasn't found a niche. We have far better options than dy at kick returner. He has been a hero of sorts of vol fans all over for tge last four seasons. He can't get it done.
Curt Magitt is another player I questioned in pre season. I admire his perseverence, but frankly his production has never matched the hype. His career seems to be marching in lockstep with that of Jacques smith.
It is next man up for both of these young men who might be better suited for back up roles.

I can agree with the assesment of Young. Maggitt, not so much. It'll be game four for him this Saturday after more than a seasons break.

Reactions: 2 people
They need to put A.J. back on kickoffs and let the cheerleaders block for him. The girls can lift their skirts to distract the opponents while A.J. plows them down on his way to the end zone.

Reactions: 1 person
Devrin young has been talked about to death. The kid is a senior and still hasn't found a niche. We have far better options than dy at kick returner. He has been a hero of sorts of vol fans all over for tge last four seasons. He can't get it done.
Curt Magitt is another player I questioned in pre season. I admire his perseverence, but frankly his production has never matched the hype. His career seems to be marching in lockstep with that of Jacques smith.
It is next man up for both of these young men who might be better suited for back up roles.
I have the answer to both of your questions. Butch plays those two because he likes Dooley's players better than the ones that he recruited.

I completely disagree on Magitt, while he hasn't shown to be the world beater people were hyping him up to be he also hasn't been terrible. He seems like a solid contributor who sticks to his assignments and does his part in the unit. However, I do agree with your assessment of Young, I've bever seen the guy field a return and thought "oh maybe he'll run this back" he catches it and the second contact gets close he goes into turtle mode. I get why Butch starts him because he won't turn the ball over but I think we need to take that chance with someone more explosive on the off chance that they break one loose.

Magitt has given them nothing. Ready for more weatherd....

Did you even watch the OU game? Maggitt was consistent in setting the edge and provided pressure on Knight on multiple occasions. He's not going to leave for the NFL after the season by any means, but he's an asset for this defense.

Reactions: 5 people
Don't like these threads. Why call players out individually? Gotta have faith in the coaching, root for the team and be happy they are giving their all for Tennessee.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't like these threads. Why call players out individually? Gotta have faith in the coaching, root for the team and be happy they are giving their all for Tennessee.

Because the OP is a doucher.

Maggit, as has been said a million times over, is back after a year and a half off the field, is playing a new position, and is an undisputed leader and bringer of energy to this young team.

If you don't like the way Butch is handling things maybe you should pack your orange pants and head elsewhere.

Maggitt has been responsible for setting up big plays for the defense. He's eating up blocks and pressuring the QB, allowing AJ and JRM to do their thing. I will admit that I was hoping to see Curt get some sacks, but I would suggest that just his presence no the field is a shot in the arm for our defense.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

images

Not getting tackles does not always mean not being productive.

You didn't focus on CM very much during the OU game, did you? There's more to playing football than just having a tackle show up on your stat sheet.

He is the Greg Odom of UT Football

Did you even watch the OU game? Maggitt was consistent in setting the edge and provided pressure on Knight on multiple occasions. He's not going to leave for the NFL after the season by any means, but he's an asset for this defense.

You're wasting your time with trying to explain the role of some positions to certain posters. They expect him to make 8 tackles per game or he's under performing. I'm with you that Maggitt had been solid.

Maggitt has been responsible for setting up big plays for the defense. He's eating up blocks and pressuring the QB, allowing AJ and JRM to do their thing. I will admit that I was hoping to see Curt get some sacks, but I would suggest that just his presence no the field is a shot in the arm for our defense.

Many times the player who actually causes a sack is not the tackler who gets the credit. That is a fact shallow thinkers do not get.

VN Store

Back