The two questions I had in pre season remain unanswered

You're wasting your time with trying to explain the role of some positions to certain posters. They expect him to make 8 tackles per game or he's under performing. I'm with you that Maggitt had been solid.

I agree. I played DE and watch them often. He is doing his job. If he wasnt, we'd be getting torched on the edges.

Reactions: 1 person
How much of the lack of production kick off returns is on DY and not on the lack of blocking? DY runs very good in space, but nobody, including Devin Hester can be successful without some help. There is a reason the coaches keep letting DY return kicks and I figure they know a lot more about it than I or the OP.

I would like to see them use VP( when he's healthy) instead of DY, as the return man. Imagine what VP could do with a little open space.

I agree. I played DE and watch them often. He is doing his job. If he wasnt, we'd be getting torched on the edges.

We constantly got torched on the edge when Jacques Smith wasn't where he should have been for the last 2 years. That has not been a huge problem so far this season. Could it mean that Maggitt is doing his job?

I don't understand. You say Devrin Young has been talked about to death, then you start a thread to talk about him?

Devrin young has been talked about to death. The kid is a senior and still hasn't found a niche. We have far better options than dy at kick returner. He has been a hero of sorts of vol fans all over for tge last four seasons. He can't get it done.
Curt Magitt is another player I questioned in pre season. I admire his perseverence, but frankly his production has never matched the hype. His career seems to be marching in lockstep with that of Jacques smith.
It is next man up for both of these young men who might be better suited for back up roles.

Actually. There aren't two questions in this. There isn't even one question in it. The whole thing is in all actuality a statement, making the thread title incorrect and all content within said thread irrelevant.

Thanks for playing though.

Reactions: 2 people
We constantly got torched on the edge when Jacques Smith wasn't where he should have been for the last 2 years. That has not been a huge problem so far this season. Could it mean that Maggitt is doing his job?

Bob loved saying Jacqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqques

VN Store

Back