The Truth Hurts

Considering this team has more high school players than upperclassmen, I think they show some promise. I was smart enough to know we weren't going to win the SEC this year.
Welcome to reality! Note to self...don't go through three coaching changes in three seasons, it kills recruiting! Remember that, the only thing worse would be another coaching change, no one would take the risk of 2 years to turn this monkey around or we will fire you and the horse you rode in on!
I will say this though, I don't recall any arrests on the strip this year, or at least not every week like a couple years ago. And except for Janzen Jackson no major screw ups except for injuries. That is at least moving in the right direction.

What did you expect? Look at our seniors and juniors on this team. Arkansas has 17 seniors playing tonight. 5 out of our last 6 games have been against top 20 teams in the nation.

Doesnt matter

You can go pluck any HS senior out of any school, put a uniform on them, an expect them to play with 4th and
5th year college seniors

Its common sense

Reactions: 1 person
Listen...I'm not blaming Dooley for this mess. I'm not even mad; I'm just disappointed with the state of our football program. I'm tired of all the "next year" talk. I want to win now. We've waited long enough.

Considering this team has more high school players than upperclassmen, I think they show some promise. I was smart enough to know we weren't going to win the SEC this year.
Welcome to reality! Note to self...don't go through three coaching changes in three seasons, it kills recruiting! Remember that, the only thing worse would be another coaching change, no one would take the risk of 2 years to turn this monkey around or we will fire you and the horse you rode in on!
I will say this though, I don't recall any arrests on the strip this year, or at least not every week like a couple years ago. And except for Janzen Jackson no major screw ups except for injuries. That is at least moving in the right direction.

If don't matter if you have a coach that's ment to be in the sun belt.

I have been watching Tennessee football closely since 1956. Without a doubt ,this is the worse coached team I have ever seen. None other even close. So sad a once proud program has gotten this low. I am not putting the blame anywhere, I am just stating a fact.

so the 1988 team that started 0-6 isnt worse?

You are right that this is the worst team. And in all fairness, that loss to Wyoming in '08 can be laid at the feet of Mike Hamilton IMO, who may frankly have been the worst thing to happen to Tennessee football in 50 years. There was not a single player on the field that day that wanted to be there.

Reactions: 4 people
Next year is Dooley's deciding year.

He has to beat someone next year or the fire Dooley campaing starts.

I know next year is forever away but I don't see how they can be much better than they are now. We have one playmaker (Hunter). Bray is certainly good but Bray and Hunter can't make this pathetic team that much better.

It could be a decade before we are competative again.

My father has been a fan since the early 60's and this is the first time I've seen him miss a whole game in my lifetime.

I missed part of the 1st quarter to go run an errand. AND I NEVER DO THAT.

I know we are playing alot of freshman, but we are not making progress under Dooley, and that hurts.

Off to watch the UFC championship fight.

Goodnight vol fans and stay safe.

Wrong. We may only have 10 or so upperclassmen, but there are literally 0 high school players on the team this year.

Count: The 1988 team was supposedly sabotaged by the defensive coordinator. He was relieved of duties and the Vols promptly won out. I have no actual knowledge of this but that is the story that made the rounds for years.

VN Store

Back