The "thumb injury" theory.

Little injury?
I'd say any hand injury is pretty serious for a qb.
Wish Butch realized that especially against Florida.

Is this the most common "injury" involved when there seems to be a QB switch? Could this mean that Worley is not coming back regardless if healthy or not?

Is it quite possible that coaches use some type of "little injury" to justify their reasoning? I see it in the NFL too. There is always some sort of "injury" involved of an already controversy of QB's on a roster. Take the Vikings situation. Apparently Josh Freeman already has a concussion.

I'm curious on what people who've played football actually say about this.

Say what? Are you real? Did you actually think about this before you showed such nonsense?

So we are to believe this:
Coach Jones to Bajakian "Let's tell everyone that Worley has a thumb injury. That will allow us to start Dobbs and not be fired if he screws up."

Bajakian back to Jones "What if Worley doesn't want to go along with it? I mean he might tell his parents about what's going on."

Jones to Bajakian "Oh yea, well we can tell him and his parents if they don't go along will burn their house down and kill their first born. I believe that will take care of it."

Is this the most common "injury" involved when there seems to be a QB switch? Could this mean that Worley is not coming back regardless if healthy or not?

Is it quite possible that coaches use some type of "little injury" to justify their reasoning? I see it in the NFL too. There is always some sort of "injury" involved of an already controversy of QB's on a roster. Take the Vikings situation. Apparently Josh Freeman already has a concussion.

office-fail-gif.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I completely understand that Worley got hurt. I just think that in some cases, the injury is not as bad as the coaches say it is.

Why does "Worley had surgery on his thumb" not register with you? Or, maybe they just said he had surgery, but really did not, just so they could get a freshman to play who they were hoping to redshirt this year.

Good grief!

Not even close. We've had a few over the years that were legendary.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Can we open up a forum of the dumbest threads ever. Just for laughs. We need a laugh or two. It would have to be monitored but it would surely be good comic relief. Dumb threads will never stop here but it beats going through searching through the good threads.

Seems to me the reason for all these is getting rid of the ball too late!

The pocket starts collapsing and then you throw with a defender at arms length, POP! Ouch!

I'm curious on what people who've played football actually say about this.[/QUOTE]

No Dougie, not a possibility of this being accurate.

I never played for a coach that felt the need to protect the psyche of a player so much that he devised some excuse for not putting the best player on the field. It's a big boy sport that requires strong mentality as well as strong physicality. I'm 48 though so it may be different now.:peace2:

Edit: Last line was extreme sarcasm btw.

Last edited:
I'd like to see you have surgery on your hand/ and (or) have a concussion and call those "little injuries". We've seen all year long that if Worley can go, he'll go. Say what you want about Worley, but he is as tough as nails. He reminds me a lot of Casey Clausen, minus the actual quarterbacking ability.

Reactions: 2 people

Did you ever think about why others don't take your posts seriously?

Yeah. They put him through surgery and everything to throw everyone off the trail. But there is no fooling you, guy. :good!:

I never played for a coach that felt the need to protect the psyche of a player so much that he devised some excuse for not putting the best player on the field. It's a big boy sport that requires strong mentality as well as strong physicality. I'm 48 though so it may be different now.:peace2:

Edit: Last line was extreme sarcasm btw.

Cuz you're actually 58? :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

one time....i was sitting on this grassy knoll.........

You've only been here a year, it gets WAY worse than this... IF we lose to Vandy or KY, I'll use a visual reference, see below.

heres-johnny.jpeg
That's the sane people. To picture the really nutso people you'd need to photoshop an explosive peptic ulcer onto the mouth of a frustrated male baboon.

Yes, it's a master plan at work. Worley pretended to hurt his thumb on camera, came off the field to bench himself, agreed to have surgery two days later, and is voluntarily sitting himself out for the rest of the season all because Butch asked him to. :)

The torn thumb ligament is the most common injury faked in order to bench a player, followed closely by the torn ACL. On rare occasions a player will fake something serious like a spinal cord injury to get benched, but this is becoming more and more frowned upon due to the obvious anxieties created for all involved. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 person
Dinosaurs are just God's Halloween joke......JFK & Elvis share a harem in lower Manhattan under assumed names, etc.

The torn thumb ligament is the most common injury faked in order to bench a player, followed closely by the torn ACL. On rare occasions a player will fake something serious like a spinal cord injury to get benched, but this is becoming more and more frowned upon due to the obvious anxieties created for all involved. Hope this helps.

All true, I just googled it. Dougie D does get it after all.

VN Store

Back