The Thread Where People Argue About Kneeling in the NFL (merged)

“My Brothers @kstills and @ithinkisee12 continue to show their unwavering strength by fighting for the oppressed! They have not backed down, even when attacked and intimidated. Their courage will move the world forward! “Love is at the root of our resistance!” -CK

My Brothers @kstills and @ithinkisee12 continue to show their unwavering strength by fighting for the oppressed! They have not backed down, even when attacked and intimidated. Their courage will move the world forward! “Love is at the root of our resistance!” -Eric Reid

Question, who does the tweeting for these 2?

Watched Redzone all afternoon. Wish people would get past this and just enjoy the football.
The rules are also terrible, I can't stand barely hitting a QB and getting a flag. But I recognize that's not going to change. I really don't miss watching it. To me best solution is keep the players in the locker room like in college.

Reactions: hog88
For those of you that feel the kneeling NFL players are in essence disrespecting the flag, the military, ect I have a question. How do you feel about West Point educated US Army generals such as Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and many more who left the US army and fought against the US flag and military?

Reactions: n_huffhines
For those of you that feel the kneeling NFL players are in essence disrespecting the flag, the military, ect I have a question. How do you feel about West Point educated US Army generals such as Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and many more who left the US army and fought against the US flag and military?

Irrelevant

Reactions: volfanjustin

I think you could find two other soldiers who fought for the confederacy that would probably make your argument more legitimate. Those guys fought for their state, as many did, not necessarily for certain ideals. But what the hell, let's take down another statue because it hurts people in their feels.

Reactions: T-TownVol
ESPN’s ratings for Monday Night Football opener down from last year

"ESPN saw lower ratings for its annual Monday Night Football Week One doubleheader this year than last year — and last year’s ratings weren’t good.
The Jets-Lions game got a 7.5 overnight rating, while Rams-Raiders drew a 7.0. That’s down 4 percent from 2017. And 2017 was down from 2016, and 2016 was down from 2015"

Down 4 percent? Is that supposed to be some referendum on the kneeling controversy? We can explain 4% with cord cutting. The NFL already took its hit on the anthem controversy and they'll be getting some people back.

Look at baseball. Ratings were down at least 9% and as much as 43% on Sunday Night Baseball for the 10 weeks prior to the article's publication.

Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN has been a big ratings disaster

Reactions: k-town_king
I can give you my exact stat count from last nights game 100% accurate. MNF had 1 less observer for the opener compared with last year. Thats the only stat of interest to me.

Down 4 percent? Is that supposed to be some referendum on the kneeling controversy? We can explain 4% with cord cutting. The NFL already took its hit on the anthem controversy and they'll be getting some people back.

Look at baseball. Ratings were down at least 9% and as much as 43% on Sunday Night Baseball for the 10 weeks prior to the article's publication.

Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN has been a big ratings disaster
I knew you would be first to overlook the numbers, baseball sucks too. I have no idea why they are down, to some degree it has to do with kneeling, not sure how much. Either way you can't ignore that they are down

I knew you would be first to overlook the numbers, baseball sucks too. I have no idea why they are down, to some degree it has to do with kneeling, not sure how much. Either way you can't ignore that they are down

I didn't "overlook" the numbers, I explained them. The decline last year had to do with kneeling. Show me anybody in the last 6 months who newly decided to not watch the NFL because of kneelers. All that is over with. It happened. People got pissed and then left. They didn't get pissed and leave after things kinda blew over.

Baseball has been pandering their asses off to the people crying about kneelers and it hasn't saved them from the changing market.

Reactions: MercyPercy
Arian Foster Campaigns with Beto O’Rourke After Speech Supporting Anthem Protests

Former Tennessee Volunteer Arian Foster is now campaigning for Texas Democrat Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke, as liberals continue to flock to the candidate’s side after video of his support for NFL anthem protesters went viral.

According to TMZ, Foster spent all day Thursday following O’Rourke around on the campaign trail after a video of the candidate’s explanation of his reasons for supporting the NFL’s anthem protests broke across Twitter.

O’Rourke released a statement thanking Foster for his efforts: “Grateful that [Arian Foster] would spend the day with us in Spring and Houston,” O’Rourke’s message said. “Grabbing smoothies, driving the truck, joining the discussion about how this community and this state leads the way on so many important issues. Hope you have a fun birthday tomorrow!”

Arian Foster Campaigns with Beto O'Rourke After Speech Supporting Anthem Protests
Foster is just a weirdo

Listen to the last 15 seconds or so, because first responders and these so called social justice warriors who play a game for a living making millions are exactly the same.

ESPN’s ratings for Monday Night Football opener down from last year

"ESPN saw lower ratings for its annual Monday Night Football Week One doubleheader this year than last year — and last year’s ratings weren’t good.
The Jets-Lions game got a 7.5 overnight rating, while Rams-Raiders drew a 7.0. That’s down 4 percent from 2017. And 2017 was down from 2016, and 2016 was down from 2015"

You really eat up any news about the NFL, for someone who is "done" with it

Reactions: MercyPercy and Mick
I didn't "overlook" the numbers, I explained them. The decline last year had to do with kneeling. Show me anybody in the last 6 months who newly decided to not watch the NFL because of kneelers. All that is over with. It happened. People got pissed and then left. They didn't get pissed and leave after things kinda blew over.

Baseball has been pandering their asses off to the people crying about kneelers and it hasn't saved them from the changing market.
Baseball bans you from showing videos about baseball.....they said the players should market themselves.... they are not doing a good job of pandering if what is what they are trying to do.

VN Store

Back