The South Carolina Postgame Report

Didn't get to watch the game because it was blacked out in my area for some reason, but looking at the box score, here are my thoughts.

-Jarnell Stokes put up some serious numbers once again. Light appears to have come on for him. Double-Double in six of his last seven...sounds soft and tulip-esque to me.

-Josh Richardson put together a nice stat line. 7 pts, 5 rebs, 5 assts.

-Good to see Golden back, and looking to help his team from a scoring standpoint, esp with McRae slumping. 1 assist is troubling from our PG, but we've been generally disappointed with PG play all season, so I won't delve into thay.

-McRae is doing exactly what I feared he would. He has returned to his former self, who seemingly goes into long stretches of drought and bad decision-making. I'm not sure what his circumstances were today, and 7 pts and 4 rebs isn't bad, its just not what you expect or need from your leading scorer, esp on 1-7 shooting. His shooting funk is growing deeper and deeper and he needs a couple big games to build his confidence.

-We still can't throw it in the ocean from the three-point line.

-Quinton Chievous played 11 minutes and fouled out. Enforcer, or terrible defender?

-We held USCe to below 40% shooting, which is sort of my benchmark for successful defense, so I have to assume we played pretty well defensively overall. Whoever guarded Ellington (I will assume Richardson because his length would give BE fits) appears to have played very well.

All in all, the first road win shouldn't come in early/mid-February, but at least it came. Monkey off the back. Good to have Golden back and Stokes continuing to dominate like he should. On to the next one.

Probably because many fans didn't know there was a game today. Many realized the season is already lost so why bother. I still hold out hopes of finishing with a winning record and making the NIT. Next 5 games games will be difficult. Vols could easily go 1-4 over the next stretch.

That's BS and you know it. If Tennessee lost this place would've been swarming with the usuals.

Didn't watch it either. Not sure this team is worthy of my time to watch them. They have been so bad this year. Glad they got the W even against a bad SEC school like USCe..

Don't have time to watch a game but have time to post on VN...ok.

Fun fact for this game was Golden looked like his old self!!! He looked like he wanted to be out there. Even the guys covering the game mentioned it!!! Hope that's here to stay!!

That was by far the biggest positive...golden showed some emotion and looked like the old golden. If he plays the same against Vandy he might big getting his starting spot back.

We've missed WAY more than 2 uncontested layups...hell yemi has missed more than that by himself.

I was thinking more of the breakaways, not a set play and the man is open. I know that McBee has missed several open/uncontested threes. But on the rare occasion they've gotten that 2 on 0 breakout is what I was thinking.

VN Store

Back