The South Carolina Postgame Report

Officials have never been good with the block vs charge calls. I can understand getting them wrong, but at least be consistent. There were two blatantly obvious charges today that were called blocks. Overall SC ended up getting the bulk of the incorrect ones.

I thought the game was called pretty decent today.

Big win for this team. It's not a season changer, but to get a road win helps their confidence. That was Stokes' 5th straight double-double and sixth out of his last seven games. Pretty damn dominant I'd say.

We have to get more out of McRae though. That's the 3rd out of his last 4 games where he was held to single digits.

Big game by Golden. He only had 1 assist, but only had 2 turnovers and 16 points. This team is hard pressed to beat anyone if he, Stokes or McRae is out.

Nice game by McBee. If he can hit those shots every game, UT is a much better team. It would allow Stokes more room to roam and able to get more rebounds without every team sagging.

Moore is a huge liability when ee have the ball. He plays out of control and tries to force the ball inside and turning the ball over, effectively killing our momentum ay key times

Didn't watch it either. Not sure this team is worthy of my time to watch them. They have been so bad this year. Glad they got the W even against a bad SEC school like USCe..

It will get fixed with a solid PG. One effects the other. A solid PG who plays 30 minutes will limit the TO's. McRae and Richardson just aren't used to handling the ball, and Golden just makes poor decisions. Some coaching does come into play with scheme and play calling, but I am convinced that a true PG will alleviate some of the problem.

Oh I completely agree.

But the reason I said it is because it's looking like we won't have a solid PG next year. That will be basically the only thing we're lacking. My point is that we'll just have to deal with it and solve those problems some other way.

I mean Landry might give us good minutes, but to my knowledge he hasn't been highly recruited, so expecting him to fill that role as a freshman is probably a bit much.

I disagree.....the players need to play with the type of fire and emotion McRae showed on that play even if he missed.

Not in that close of a game. Remember Memphis when the same situation occurred down by 2 and Memphis drained a 3 after the miss and went on to win? Gotta take the points, especially when the offense struggles like this one.

Not in that close of a game. Remember Memphis when the same situation occurred down by 2 and Memphis drained a 3 after the miss and went on to win? Gotta take the points, especially when the offense struggles like this one.

It's Not like hE threw it off the backboard to do a 360......the dunk he tried, McRae should make every time. He just blew the play.

Fun fact for this game was Golden looked like his old self!!! He looked like he wanted to be out there. Even the guys covering the game mentioned it!!! Hope that's here to stay!!

Good to see Golden/Stokes playing hard. Stokes starting to get more consistent.

Would like to see Stokes perform like this against upper tier SEC teams that have a post player taller than 6'5". He has been more aggressive on offense albeit against smaller post players. I think Stokes can be a really good player if he works hard, however, he does not have any explosiveness and needs to develop a 10-15 FT jump shot to become an elite player.

It's Not like hE threw it off the backboard to do a 360......the dunk he tried, McRae should make every time. He just blew the play.

Yes, but at what extent? Blown plays like that can blow a game, and they were fortunate it didn't happen again. I'm all for it, but they're now 0 for 2 on plays like that, with one leading to an L. If they can't do it, even though they should, take the points.

Fun fact for this game was Golden looked like his old self!!! He looked like he wanted to be out there. Even the guys covering the game mentioned it!!! Hope that's here to stay!!
Another fun fact. Mcbee was clutch in the final 2 minutes and won the game.

Yes, but at what extent? Blown plays like that can blow a game, and they were fortunate it didn't happen again. I'm all for it, but they're now 0 for 2 on plays like that, with one leading to an L. If they can't do it, even though they should, take the points.

He is not o-2, he has made that dunk before.

I said "they" meaning the team because I can't remember who missed it against Memphis. But that was twice when a monster dunk would make a statement in a close game that was botched.

Yes and we have made dunks in close ball games too.....how many close shots and lay ups have we missed in close games?

McBee getting his usual 27 minutes a game. He finally hit two wide open shots that makes him about 20% for the year behind the 3 pt line.

VN Store

Back