the shootings helped obama.

then why not tell us his grades so he can brag a little? I would if I had great ones at an ivy league school

is being editor of the law review based solely on grades (I have no idea)? And what did he do once he got the position?

I'm just saying I could beat his ass at Trivial Pursuit, and would love a shot at him on Jeopardy. Maybe I'm an arrogant SOB, but I just think his intelligence is greatly overrated. Is he in the top 10 % of the population? Sure. But there are 30 million Americans up there with him.

Given that all you know of him are his academic record top-notch, and his speaking skills(which you admitted were top-notch).. Arrogant is one word.

he has a VERY simplistic view of the world. high intelligence doesn't generally follow from those type of people.

There are two kinds of idealists. The ones who hold it up as a theoretical model to work towards, and those who actually believe it could work in full.

is being editor of the law review based solely on grades (I have no idea)?

no they vote on it. the other members on teh law review say obama was voted in a) because they had never had a black head and b) they liked him personally. Let's not forget he never wrote a single article for the review.

Given that all you know of him are his academic record top-notch, and his speaking skills(which you admitted were top-notch).. Arrogant is one word.

I've met plenty of Ivy-league folks that weren't anything special. Granted not ones who became Senators or Presidents and such, but still.

And it's not like I have a GED and stock vending machines. (no offense to anyone who does that, work is work and we all have different values in life)

I'm just saying I could beat his ass at Trivial Pursuit, and would love a shot at him on Jeopardy. Maybe I'm an arrogant SOB, but I just think his intelligence is greatly overrated. Is he in the top 10 % of the population? Sure. But there are 30 million Americans up there with him.

Bill Clinton can run intellectual circles around Obama.

then why not tell us his grades so he can brag a little? I would if I had great ones at an ivy league school

is being editor of the law review based solely on grades (I have no idea)? And what did he do once he got the position?

Being editor of the law review is an immense honor. Everyone at Harvard law would have wanted it, and yes it is given to a top student.

no they vote on it. the other members on teh law review say obama was voted in a) because they had never had a black head and b) they liked him personally. Let's not forget he never wrote a single article for the review.

And there is nothing wrong with that. It's certainly an honor as well. But it means diddly in regards to "intelligence."

I'm not arguing that he's stupid, I'm just saying he isn't the smartest President we've ever had, and maybe even isn't in the top 10.

Being editor of the law review is an immense honor. Everyone at Harvard law would have wanted it, and yes it is given to a top student.

I'm sure they would have. Seems a bit political (something he's good at) but no matter. So I assume he was one of the best editors they ever had based on his qualifications

don't you find it odd that Obama never wrote a single paper in his capacity as editor?

I've met plenty of Ivy-league folks that weren't anything special. Granted not ones who became Senators or Presidents and such, but still.

And it's not like I have a GED and stock vending machines. (no offense to anyone who does that, work is work and we all have different values in life)

I'm sure you're an exceptionally intelligent and educated person, but to say you are so much smarter than a man all you know of are pristine academic records is strange.

agreed. bush getting into yale is considered complete bs, but obama getting into harvard means he's brilliant?

The degrees of "BS" are higher with Bush, imo. But that's not really important to this conversation I guess.

And I don't think it is too much of an insult to say Bush was of average intelligence. I don't think he was dumb, I just think he was definitely riding the ragged edge of his intellectual potential when being President.

The degrees of "BS" are higher with Bush, imo. But that's not really important to this conversation I guess.

And I don't think it is too much of an insult to say Bush was of average intelligence. I don't think he was dumb, I just think he was definitely riding the ragged edge of his intellectual potential when being President.

the point being neither had superior undergrad grades. ed still hasn't explained why he wasn't on columbia or occidental's honor roll.

I'm sure you're an exceptionally intelligent and educated person, but to say you are so much smarter than a man all you know of are pristine academic records is strange.

i assure you that if you looked up my name at Cal you'd see my name on the honor roll.

Maybe I'm not articulating the basis of that well. He's shown himself to be fairly ignorant on economic issues. With labor issues. Foreign affairs. Geography. Etc. He comes across as an idealist, not a man of the world. These are not things that speak of him as being exceptionally brilliant.

I'm not saying that I'M not exceptionally brilliant. I'm not. But I get by alright. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Why is the perceived super-intelligence (you said top 1 %. I wonder what IQ value that would correspond to?) of our President so important? Why can't I think he's just pretty smart and very talented?

For the record, i think all but a mere handful of people are truly EXCEPTIONALLY intelligent, and statistical studies (which is what IQ scores are based on) back that up. The overwhelming majority of us are within a couple standard deviations of the mean. That's a fact.

Yeah sure, I guess the same people who smuggled him into this country made him editor of the law review.

your snide drivel aside, you do know that Obama never wrote a single article as Editor of the Harvard Law Review?

Since we don't have access to his grades and no access to his writings, all we have to judge his intelligence on is how eloquent a speaker he is. Ben Affleck can read a script, but no one is ever going to mistake him for the president of MENSA.

I looked it up. The top 1 % have an IQ at or above 135.

I could believe he has an IQ of that, actually.

VN Store

Back